The Clubhouse Place to chat about whatever's on your mind - doesn't have to be car related. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION ALLOWED.

The *NEW* Good Morning Thread!

Search this Thread

Old May 17th, 2024, 04:18 PM

Cool Story Norm

I always liked that song "I'm an air conditioned gypsy"

Here ya go if you are considering a Road America trip

https://www.roadamerica.com/season-pass
Old May 17th, 2024, 04:29 PM
Running On Empty

Nah, done w/ my youthful S.C.C.A intern comradery days. I worked (volunteered) both Blackhawk Farms (South Beloit, IL) and Elkhart Lake, WI two to three weekends each month. Both Penske's team & Mark Donahue could be seen at many of the races/events.
Old May 17th, 2024, 04:30 PM
Running On Empty

Yeah, air conditioned gypsy is a classic line from that song - I love it.
Old May 17th, 2024, 04:33 PM

Originally Posted by Dream67Olds442
I'm partial to Baba O'Reilly and Behind Blue Eyes.
I like those, but I think The Real Me is my absolute favorite Who song.
Old May 17th, 2024, 04:39 PM
Running On Empty

My favorite The Who song remains..."...why don't ya'll just fade away..." RIP Keith Moon (hope I die before I get old)

Old May 17th, 2024, 06:53 PM

Originally Posted by Fun71
Originally Posted by Vintage Chief
My favorite The Who song remains..."...why don't ya'll just fade away..." RIP Keith Moon (hope I die before I get old)
So many great classics from those guys, it would be easy to name 10 favorites.

Last edited by Dream67Olds442; May 17th, 2024 at 06:57 PM.
Old May 17th, 2024, 06:55 PM

Insulted by baloney? Jeesh, a little sensitive. I've said worse. Chris, weren't you looking for .921 lfters awhile back? someone on the site has a set for sale. Headed to the Gilmore tomorrow for the spring dust off. Supposed to be 80ish and humid.
Old May 17th, 2024, 07:07 PM

Originally Posted by 1969w3155
Insulted by baloney? Jeesh, a little sensitive. I've said worse. Chris, weren't you looking for .921 lfters awhile back? someone on the site has a set for sale. Headed to the Gilmore tomorrow for the spring dust off. Supposed to be 80ish and humid.
Dan - Have fun at the Gilmore tomorrow! Thanks for thinking of me! I found a brand new set of Sealed Power .921's quite awhile ago and have them in my stockpile of engine refurbish/rebuild parts should I ever need them. I'm pretty sure I paid more than the guy on here is asking for, but then again, he hasn't really named a brand or condition they're in?
Old May 17th, 2024, 10:19 PM

Off of Who's Next, We Won't Get Fooled Again is my pick. Good driving to work song. For Tommy, I'll take Go to the Mirror, where the doctor sings about him. There's a central melody in the overture that is in some of the songs, and this is the song that finally feels like they're singing the song in the overture and then the album goes off the rails with the whole holiday camp revival thing and doesn't come back till Listening to You at the very end. Love Reign o'er Me is my favorite Quadraphenia song.

I didn't use a good zinger yet. I hung up on that meeting, and the woman asked if she'd been insulted since she didn't know baloney, my friend tells me as he was in the meeting. I will straight deadpan deliver to HR that I wasn't being insulting, and I can prove it since she was wondering if she'd been insulted, because, when I insult someone, they KNOW.

My plans got changed this weekend. I was going to take my H/O to Decatur to my friend's H/O Day. Their good friend was shot and murdered on Monday, and the visitation and funeral is this weekend, so I was politely cancelled. They're not going to their own show, obviously, but her H/O will go be in the procession for this man, who was a car guy.

Instead, I'll go to the one in Owensboro tomorrow. I had joked they could've come seen Judas Priest with me had they not done their show, so, since I was suddenly free this evening, I went and saw Saboton, a Swedish metal band, and the Priest. My second time seeing them, same venue, this show was better. A couple of songs didn't catch for me, and I have yet to listen to their new album, but they had some good hits. The drummer, once with everyone else was offstage, said they had one song left, and what did we want to hear, which of course meant Painkiller which has the best metal drum intro ever. (Stargazer has the best rock one). They walked off, fired up Hellion, came back and did a great version of Electric Eye, then walked off. A motorcycle started, Rob drove the bike on stage, they did Hell Bent for Leather and went straight into Living After Midnight to end the show. I felt my 94 bucks was well spent on 3 hours of music. I did wear earplugs, **** was loud.
Old May 18th, 2024, 04:55 AM
Always room for one more

Good morning everyone.

Busy morning, after a slow start. The operating system that runs our computers was down for maintenance overnight, and wasn't supposed to be ready until 5. So I didn't sign anything until 5 and then it still wasnt' ready. But after it came back things were constant for quite awhile. We stopped for breakfast and I just now got caught up. Kind of nice to have steady work.

Jamesbo are you able to put in a request as to what to eat, or is it pot luck, just take what they bring you? Hope you're doing better. Let me know if you need anything.

John send that woman back to yell at her boss. It never ceases to amaze me that when Americans are in a different country, we are expected to know everything about the local society and act like we're one of them, yet any foreign person comes over here and doesn't have to conform to our way of things. When In Rome is only for us.

Was barely misting on my way to work this morning. It's supposed to rain all day, so far it isn't, I wouldn't mind if it missed us. Never did get to mow the other day, the battery in the big mower is dead, the one tire on the new mower is flat, and I have yet to get a belt for the old mower. And it's been too wet to use the electric push mower.

One thing I need to do for sure this afternoon is move the Deuce and a half sideways across the yard at the shop so it will hide everything else over there. My neighbor across the street is selling his house and there's an open house tomorrow. I don't want prospective buyers getting loose from the agent and wandering around in my stuff. Also don't want anyone to see it and then be tempted to call the yard ****'s. Or plan to come rip me off later. Anyone have an extra 444K to come buy this place so I don't have to worry about strangers screwing things up?

Guess I'll get up and go for a walk. It should be light out by now. Besides I need to walk off my breakfast. The lead went and got croissants and they were yummy. Hope everyone has a good weekend.

Old May 18th, 2024, 06:08 AM

Originally Posted by Koda
My plans got changed this weekend. I was going to take my H/O to Decatur to my friend's H/O Day. Their good friend was shot and murdered on Monday, and the visitation and funeral is this weekend, so I was politely cancelled. They're not going to their own show, obviously, but her H/O will go be in the procession for this man, who was a car guy.

Instead, I'll go to the one in Owensboro tomorrow.
John - That's horrible that your friend's, friend was murdered. Hope you have a nice day in Owensboro!
Old May 18th, 2024, 07:42 AM
Running On Empty

John - Sounds like a fun night w/ Priest. Growing up I bought my youngest brother (10 yrs younger than me) three albums in the 70s: Styx - Styx; Meatloaf - Bat Out of Hell; &, Judas Priest - Rocka Rolla. Corporate America HR - don't get me started.

Humid outdoors but I need to finish exterior caulking one last window. I slept in way past normal.
Old May 18th, 2024, 08:11 AM

Corporate America HR - don't get me started.

Humid outdoors but I need to finish exterior caulking one last window. I slept in way past normal.
x2 on the HR thing. Where I worked, the Government bent over backwards allowing people to stay in their jobs that should have been fired 10 times over for poor performance. The exception was Security related offenses..

Norm - Sometimes ya just got to catch up on that sleep thing, your body will thank you for it!
Old May 18th, 2024, 08:35 AM
Always room for one more

Jamesbo I modified the red mower just a little bit.

Old May 18th, 2024, 08:51 AM

Originally Posted by slantflat

Jamesbo I modified the red mower just a little bit.
Nice! Would work well for coyote extermination too!
Old May 18th, 2024, 10:14 AM
Running On Empty

Jim - You have a visitor in the waiting room...
Old May 18th, 2024, 01:49 PM

Mike no. You get what you get
Old May 18th, 2024, 03:07 PM

Wagon pics anyone? https://photos.app.goo.gl/V2BEEDJJCB6mTJrB6

Last edited by 1969w3155; May 19th, 2024 at 11:54 AM.
Old May 18th, 2024, 03:57 PM
Running On Empty

Dan - Gorgeous.
Old May 18th, 2024, 07:21 PM

Very nice Dan, I love that Pontiac Star Chief Safari Wagon. Thanks for posting.
Old May 19th, 2024, 08:05 AM

My buddy really liked the Safari wagon as well. All were pretty sharp. I was surprised by the quality of the pics, as inside, I used my samsung A20. which is a cheap phone, nothing fancy. I will post the pics of the car show from my camera later, as there is a home made cookie sale about ready to start, and to which I must attend!
Old May 19th, 2024, 09:51 AM

Went to H/O Day in Owensboro yesterday. Alternator held up, and the windows were down so I wasn't worried about the chrome falling off. Saw 6 H/O people. We had 4 cars there at Ritzy's in Owensboro. My fuel gauge is crazy. It SEEMS to be full until a certain point then dive for the floor. I can put up with it if empty means empty. I need to drain it, fill it gallon by gallon, and record measurements.

Got a LOT of compliments on the road, like 4. One kid loved it in the dark, those stripes light up like a cop car.
Old May 19th, 2024, 11:39 AM

Fired up the smoker / grill. Top sirloin steak, a pork tenderloin, chicken breasts, and tater tots.

Today’s lunch.

Last edited by Fun71; May 19th, 2024 at 11:42 AM.
Old May 19th, 2024, 02:20 PM
Running On Empty

Fired up the smoker / grill. Top sirloin steak, a pork tenderloin, chicken breasts, and tater tots.
Today’s lunch.
Kenneth - That all sounds wonderful. I love smoked meats. I've had some fresh baby sweetcorn several times thus far this year. Love sweet corn on the cob.
Old May 19th, 2024, 02:28 PM

Kenneth - That all sounds wonderful. I love smoked meats.
x2 👍
Old May 19th, 2024, 02:34 PM

I used a home made smoky chipotle rub on the pork tenderloin and cooked it to just over 150 degrees (same temp for the sirloin). Both came out very well.
Old May 19th, 2024, 03:05 PM

Hi guys,
Hope everyone has had a nice weekend. I'm weekend'ed out! Hockey game Friday night, Wife's b-day Saturday, Cruise-in Saturday night, StL Cardinals game today. Took the wife out to Texas Roadhouse for an early dinner Saturday for a good slab of beef. I had their 24oz Porterhouse, medium rare, and done to perfection! She wanted to go early so I wouldn't miss my cruise-in. Man my gal is something!

Today's Cardinal game was hot, 91° and we were in the Sun! If Keegan wasn't getting to parade around the warning track on the field, I wouldn't have went. He was super excited and had a great time. I'll post a couple pics later. We left early after the 5th inning because it was just too hot, and the Cardinals were down 7-0 at that point to the Red Sox. We were hoping to see a sweep of the series by the Cardinals, but they looked like $hit today. They're having a very sub-par year so far.

Had to go outside again after we got home to check out tire pressures on my Yamaha and make sure everything was in working order. I have to take it for a safety inspection tomorrow morning to renew the Registration. Certainly don't want any surprises when I get there, and I haven't had that bike out yet this year..

Hope ya'll have a great rest of your weekend!
Old May 19th, 2024, 03:49 PM
Running On Empty

Chris - A rolling stone gathers no moss.
Old May 19th, 2024, 04:16 PM
Always room for one more

Hi everyone.

Beautiful day today. So what did I do? Stayed in and painted. There were any number of things to do outside, but the guy across the street was having an open house, actually his agent was, so I didn't want to be anywhere near it. I know it has nothing to do with me, but I didn't want to see who was showing up. Though I hope one of the other neighbors saw how many people were there.

John I thought H/O day was cancelled? Glad you had a good time and got lots of compliments. An old car is not something to have if you don't like talking to strangers. You having any pow wows at work this week about your continued success?

Jamesbo how are things today? Tell Izzy I haven't checked in with her because I've been seeing you on the board. I don't want her to think I've lost interest. Do you want me to go up and sell lots at the cemetery for you?

Chris good luck with the inspection. That's one thing I've never had to go through is vehicle inspection. Just the emission tests.

Okay I think I'm gonna go in early all this week. I know we're working Saturday and I'm lobbying the lead to work Monday so we can save the day for another time.

Have a good evening everyone.

Old May 19th, 2024, 04:17 PM

Chris - A rolling stone gathers no moss.
Really, I swear I recently saw some growing on Keith Richards!
Old May 19th, 2024, 04:31 PM
Running On Empty

Mike - Had you installed that periscope you could have spied on the activities across the street.
Old May 19th, 2024, 04:35 PM
Running On Empty

Interesting side-note (to me) is I've used the same amplifiers as Keith has throughout his career - Fender & MESA. The MESA I sold last year was a MKI w/ MESA factory upgrade (early MKII).
Old May 19th, 2024, 04:36 PM
Running On Empty

Full Monty on the brownies. Quadruple walnuts.

Old May 19th, 2024, 04:41 PM

Full Monty on the brownies. Quadruple walnuts.
You're killing me man! They look awesome! 👌
Old May 19th, 2024, 04:44 PM
Running On Empty

They'll get powdered sugar topping while cooling.
Old May 19th, 2024, 04:45 PM
Always room for one more

Ah Norm, other house. I did come home from the grocery store at precisely 2pm, when it was supposed to start, and there was one car in the drive. I suspect it was the agent's. So no one beating down the doors to get there. If I were a betting man I'd say the pickings were slim, considering the house is priced 58K above the next highest house value and 104K over the last sale in the neighborhood.

Old May 19th, 2024, 04:57 PM

They'll get powdered sugar topping while cooling.
I'll see your Brownies with a piece of Banana Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting.

And I'll raise ya a Sausage and Pepperoni, Double Cheese pizza!

Old May 19th, 2024, 05:03 PM
Running On Empty

I'll see your Brownies with a piece of Banana Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting.

And I'll raise ya a Sausage and Pepperoni, Double Cheese pizza!
Bitch!
Old May 19th, 2024, 06:16 PM

Bitch!
LoL
Old May 19th, 2024, 08:28 PM

Originally Posted by slantflat
Hi everyone.

Beautiful day today. So what did I do? Stayed in and painted. There were any number of things to do outside, but the guy across the street was having an open house, actually his agent was, so I didn't want to be anywhere near it. I know it has nothing to do with me, but I didn't want to see who was showing up. Though I hope one of the other neighbors saw how many people were there.

John I thought H/O day was cancelled? Glad you had a good time and got lots of compliments. An old car is not something to have if you don't like talking to strangers. You having any pow wows at work this week about your continued success?

Have a good evening everyone.
Mike, H/O Day in Decatur was cancelled due to tragedy, and in somewhere in the East for rain. I got redirected to Owensboro, KY and saw other friends there. We're a national club. My H/O looks good but has a bazillion things not right on which I am working.

I don't know what HR will do this week. Toyota has been trying to make me quit for years; the issue with being dumber than your target is I can see their plan ahead of time. They've put me on the road, kept me on the road, put me back on the road for close to forever, justified a demotion during the reorg because I bitched about it, sent me plantside for a few years, stuck me in a group I had previously applied for, but without the promotion the guy who got the job first got for it, and now they are doing death by a thousand cuts. It's predictable and pathetic. They are going to stick me with an expectations memo, and I will threaten to resign. There is only one way to beat a woman in a fight, and that is to have ***** of steel. I think I will ask if the senior manager has his laptop up, inform them I have a signed resignation letter in an email ready to go if they push that memo on me, and see if they balk. The good news is I am so underpaid after years of shitty raises, underpromoted due to abuses of power, have a natural inclination towards electronics tech, and have great contacts and experience, all while being at a plant no one wants to move to, in a division and department no one wants to transfer to, in a role that nobody wants, and dealing with a bitch most everyone hates. They'll have an easier time filling my position than me flying out to LA and banging movie stars, but JUST barely. In other words, I think I might rock them back on their heels a bit with threatening to quit.

And, I would actually prefer to give resignation notice, because, once I do, I am not rescinding it unless they cough up the moon, the stars, and the sky. I'm talking every grievance I have had, ever, in 18 years, will be on the table before I tear up that letter.

You beat me to that.

Bitch!
I just ate a whole damn pizza hut pizza. I need to run again so I can make desserts guilt free. Next on the horizon is my aunt's pie crust, with which I can do pies and cobblers.