1964 cutlass F85 convertible

Search this Thread

Old April 15th, 2008, 02:03 PM

1964 cutlass F85 convertible

Any idea on what I could get for it? Me and my brother saved it from the crusher today! The only rust on the car is the passenger side floor pan! It had bucket seats in it but they are ragged out and are rusted. The passenger side of the car will need some bodywork but everything is workable except the the fender. The rest of the car is straight! all the chrome is in good shape except the piece on the pass. side door and fender. It is red, with black interior bucket seats and a console. The console is gone but there is a wiring harness and a few pieces for it. It has power steering, air, and manual brakes. It has some old mags on it. They look some what like torq thrust d's but they are a steel wheel with aluminum center piece! I will get some pics probably sometime today.

Thanks,
Lloyd
Old April 15th, 2008, 04:55 PM

Thats cool ya saved it from the crusher but dont expect a goldmine for your efforts. The frames on these cars are very prone to rot. If it is rotted and by the description in general its probably not worth fixing. Sounds like a 500 dollar parts car to me...worth is always determined by what someone will pay and that still remains to be seen. Pictures will help.
Old April 15th, 2008, 05:31 PM

no rust on the frame! dry texas car! like I said the passenger floor board will need patched and thats it. I will get some pics here before to long

Thanks,
Lloyd
Old April 15th, 2008, 06:57 PM

Here are a few pics. Maybe you guys can help me out a little better now. That rear piece on the trunk is in excellent shape! no pits, dents, nothing! The rest Of the chrome is definately driver quality! except the bumper!

64cutlass008.jpg
64cutlass005.jpg
64cutlass019.jpg
Old April 15th, 2008, 09:47 PM

It's hard to believe that could have been fodder for a crusher! But with the price of scrap and to someone who isn't a car guy it obviously was happening!
Good save, have you tried contacting any of the local 442 clubs? Having someone familiar with these cars who could look it over in person might give you some good information. You might even find a local buyer and not have to deal with shipping it. John
Old April 16th, 2008, 06:20 AM

I put it on ebay last night maybe that will give me a little better idea on what its worth! I'm asking $2,800 for it. You think that is a reasonable price?
Old April 16th, 2008, 07:10 AM

The pictures help but in my opinion dont add much to the value. No engine, no trans...every body panel appears to need "re-working"...aluminium trim dinged, rusted floor, rusted trunk floor, horrible seats and bumpers interior...etc...someone may want it....I would say to accept the highest offer you can get. Ambition and challenge runs high in youth!
Old April 16th, 2008, 08:38 AM
Registered car nut

That car is perfect for someone who cant afford a GTO or Chevelle. Or just a person who loves Oldsmobiles. I am partial, 65 Cutlass convert, with e-bay you should find someone , just be careful !
Old April 16th, 2008, 11:40 AM

Originally Posted by Oldsmaniac
The pictures help but in my opinion dont add much to the value. No engine, no trans...every body panel appears to need "re-working"...aluminium trim dinged, rusted floor, rusted trunk floor, horrible seats and bumpers interior...etc...someone may want it....I would say to accept the highest offer you can get. Ambition and challenge runs high in youth!

For one, the only piece of trim that is dinged is the passenger door. two, the only panel needing replace is the passenger fender. Three, the only rust is the passenger floor pan in the very front and a small bit on the bottoms of each quarter. the car looks bad but it is all surface rust. The drivers side is very straight with a couple of door dings. and sure, it needs work but what car doesnt? And honestly how many of these car do you see every day? I've been told by an oldsmobile nut here in town that its worth $2500-$3500.

Thanks
Old April 16th, 2008, 02:04 PM

Dont go by what anyone tells you...for sure the world will set the price since it is now on Ebay.....I am curious as to how many cars in this condition you have restored...It would only take one for you to be aware of what is in store for the person who tackles this one....the rust you see is actually a lot worse when you go to repair it properly....start dismantling everything and see what rot is hidden even under the paint and how much bondo is under the paint. The person who gets this one is starting with basicly a shell. Trim parts for this car are VERY hard to find. If it sells on Ebay I predict 500 to 750.....just my opinion...Anyone else?
Old April 16th, 2008, 02:50 PM

Originally Posted by Oldsmaniac
Dont go by what anyone tells you...for sure the world will set the price since it is now on Ebay.....I am curious as to how many cars in this condition you have restored...It would only take one for you to be aware of what is in store for the person who tackles this one....the rust you see is actually a lot worse when you go to repair it properly....start dismantling everything and see what rot is hidden even under the paint and how much bondo is under the paint. The person who gets this one is starting with basicly a shell. Trim parts for this car are VERY hard to find. If it sells on Ebay I predict 500 to 750.....just my opinion...Anyone else?
well i dont quess i will go by what you tell me! I have restored many cars in way worse than this car! 2 67 chevelle ss, 1 69 camaro, and currently im restoring a 55 chevy and a 63 ss nova! the 67 chevelle needed both quarters and the 69 z/28 camaro was a rust bucket! it needed floors, both quarters, trunk, etc.... all of these car were in way worse shape than this car. And like i said the only trim that needs replaced is the pass. door and fender

Last edited by lloydt2442; April 16th, 2008 at 02:53 PM.
Old August 23rd, 2008, 03:48 PM

Are you parting this car out

If you are interested in selling some parts from this car I would be interested in the horn guts that are in the steering wheel. BTW, the steering wheel I have on my F-85 is cracked and I am looking for a new one--it needs to be blue. Please call me 850-867-0180. Thanks.