The Clubhouse Place to chat about whatever's on your mind - doesn't have to be car related. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION ALLOWED.

The *NEW* Good Morning Thread!

Search this Thread

Old March 29th, 2015, 04:29 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Sunday werm?

Yesterday was beautimus after de rain and almost all de snow is melted. Spoda be anutter scorcher today.

Sorry guys, team Canada beat team USA yesterday 11-10. Gotta say though that it was a dramatic game. Neither Simmons or Shuster were on their numbers but Simmon hung in with a real pistol in the 9th to go one up with Shuster having the last rock in the 10th. Shuster makes his shot and ties the game forcing an extra end. Put Canada into a force with Simmons last rock being a must draw for the full four foot. Skipper clutch draws and only by the incredible sweeping of Carter Rycroft and Nolan Thiessen does the rock hold line and weight for a shot to the button and a tense win over the Americans. If all the games go like this I doubt I'll have any hair left by the end of the week.

Ted, always nice to have someone in the family that doesn't make ya feel like an only child huh?

Mike, that was a mean prank. Hope the culprits fess up. What makes you think they won't do that to the pickup? Steak at awful house? Hmmmm, think I'd rather grill my own. I like my steak rare - med rare. Not freshly killed or turned to shoe leather. Most steak places do it right but something about doin it herself that just tastes better.

Darrell, talk to me about these BP pills. Nice score on the interior but that is just one more thing the perps will see as something to boost. Matching color leather? I have heated seats in the Sonata and I know how nice that is.

Clint, you get that engine done? I'm guessing yes cause I think you like to run more than sideline.

Jim, how's de mountains?

John, soon I'll have to be out enjoying the yard week just like you. You run into Mr. no Shoulders very often?

Koffee is just done so time to get some. Enjoy your day.
Old March 29th, 2015, 05:01 AM
Always room for one more

Good morning everyone.

Cold last night. Our plane was in the hangar but another one was behind us hanging out, so the doors were open all night. Nice morning now, but still cold.

The steak and potatoes were excellent. Allan this was a work function, not Awful house. The crew fund bought all the food and a couple of the guys fixed it all. Very nice.

I thought maybe yesterday was it for the ***** that stuck those things on my van. But no, he took a picture and put it up next to the office. Of course it was after I signed in, so I didn't see it. But everyone else did and I couldn't go 10 minutes without someone coming up and saying something smart. To answer your question Ted there are those at work who are beyond reproach. They are the ones who are kiss-asses and cause trouble and get away with it. I might as well be back in high school. The pickup was untouched last night, so I guess I just will have to leave the van home.

Well I think I'll hop into bed for a little while, then see what I can get into this afternoon. Hope everyone enjoys their Sunday.
Old March 29th, 2015, 05:59 AM

Mawn'in all

Cool dis mawn'in

All de werk at de cemetery paid off, It's beautimus dis time of year

Mike, ya know ya can't fix stupid. Jes let them eat fish heads a rice

Allan, I left de mountains Friday. I know it's a little hard to keep up. I can 't tell ya how many miles I drove last week. I think I lost a day sumwhar

Have a great day Olds friends
Old March 29th, 2015, 06:06 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Mike, sorry to hear that jerk still carrying on. Someone has to know who it is.

I'm curious.are the hangers heated or just sheltered from the wind. I know those sliding doors are huge. Can't imagine the size of furnace they'd need to heat that space. I'm guessing if they have heating they also have AC for the brutal heat and humidity in the summer?

Ah, good stuff with the steak and taters. My mistake, sorry. Gonna grill poke tenderloin fer supper today.
Old March 29th, 2015, 06:10 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Jim, Ha sell sum plots?

Dis eye pad is sum whut annoying. Keeps otter korrcting worse den a woman...
Old March 29th, 2015, 06:32 AM
Sammy70 455 Supreme

Mornin All

Cool and clear...

Allan, brings to mind the saying...just because you are family doesn't mean I like ya
Mike, some peeps just never grow up..
Allan, I will be driving to the coast. I only fly when I have to
Better get to the shop. My Furd buddies are welding and my w30 is on the hoist..better cover it up so it does not get "flashed"

Have a Day All
Old March 29th, 2015, 07:16 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Ted, LMK when you're heading out.

Jim, by de bye, diidja ever figger out what yer leg pain was? Mebbe poor circulation?
Old March 29th, 2015, 10:19 AM
Always room for one more

Yes the hangars are heated, but the problem is the heaters turn off automatically if the doors are open more than a smidge. The big hangar has Big *** Fans that really do a number, doors open or closed. They also help in the winter pushing the heat down from the ceiling.

It's 50 out now and not a cloud in the sky. I think I will drag out the lawn mower and get it cranked up for the first time this year. Then I can finish the windows on the van.
Old March 29th, 2015, 11:10 AM
Just an Olds Guy

That's interesting about the heat Mike. Do the doors have sensors tied to the heat plant or something? There's gotta be a manual over ride for some circumstances.

You drove the van home with that crap still over the windows?

Canada vs. China on now. This could get ugly. China up by 2 start of the third end.

Ted, you catching any of it? TSN only an hour difference from your time zone. Halifax is 3 hours ahead of us so a couple games I gotta get up uber early. They're only broadcasting the games Canada plays in.
Old March 29th, 2015, 11:27 AM
Sammy70 455 Supreme

Yup, 2 2 now...Canada scored a deuce....4th end

Last edited by sammy; March 29th, 2015 at 11:29 AM.
Old March 29th, 2015, 03:34 PM
Just an Olds Guy

On to Sveeden!! Nicolas Edin got owned by the Italians earlier this morning. Hope we see a repeat of that shortly

That was a convincing win against China. Nice to see they let the 5th play after the 8th end.

Just finished tidying up the garage and pressure washing the floor to get the grime of winter out. Nice clean playing surface to putter on now. Ok, - on to the game!
Old March 29th, 2015, 07:08 PM
GM Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Allan R

Darrell, talk to me about these BP pills. Nice score on the interior but that is just one more thing the perps will see as something to boost. Matching color leather? I have heated seats in the Sonata and I know how nice that is.
Allan - the blood pressure pills are made by Vascure Natural. It's called All-In-One and they contain Red Yeast Rice, Plant Photosterols and CoQ10. Its been shown to reduce bad cholesterol by 20% to 40%. You can get more information on their website: http://www.vascurenatural.com/Vascur...upplement.aspx

The leather interior is matching, yes. I just need to hook up the wiring. I'm not sure how much value the perps would see in it since its not exactly a Mercedes, LOL.
Old March 30th, 2015, 05:07 AM
CQR

Mornin all.

Darrell, I made another purchase earlier this month. I haven't been tested this year, and I had only been taking them for a little over a week last year So I'll let you know what my numbers turn out to be.

Allan, I put my daughters old engine in my quad for this weekend. It finished the race so all is good right now. The bottom end I got back from my buddy didn't look very promising so I'll have to go thru it myself. then I'll have 2 more to go thru after that (or possibly 3). We had a couple of nasty wrecks during our race yesterday. ope those guys heal up quick.

Mike hope you figgure out who the jerk is.

Have a Monday all.
Old March 30th, 2015, 05:21 AM
Damsel in Distress

Good morning,

Suppose to be a BEAUTIFUL day down in san Antonio finally, rain dry rain dry rain...My grass is so HIGH...geez cut the front yard Saturday, but my cutlass is easier to start than that dog on lawn mower...

Today taking the day off since the cutlass has been taking my weekend time..
HAVE to cut the back yard cuz more rain is on its way....
wash clothes, work on cars, dry clothes, wk on car, cook work on car...oh yeah and a free taxi service....
Here's another thing I bought a dryer about 4 weeks ago.need to move garage junk around to roll the dryer in.....
I need to start a buzy ok listen to this...Just for women...where I hire a crap load of HANDY MEN...and when single women like me need more muscle.... we can call the handy man service..sort of like a pimping business....
A mother's job is never done!!!!
Old March 30th, 2015, 05:31 AM

Mawn'in all

Welcome Dansel

Once I walked de River Walk on a Sunday Mawn'in Never knew what 300% humidity felt like.

No smackie whitey today or I'd end up like de priest in Caddy Shack

John, One of your favorite movies was on de utter nite but they took so many werds out it hardly made sense. Dag nabit Howard Johnson

Allan, Is dare an end to curling season?

Mike, How'd de dogs like de first thunderboomer of de year?
Old March 30th, 2015, 06:23 AM
Damsel in Distress

Oh yeah the humidty can get thick sometimes here in san Antonio...should get about 87 today...finally warming up...with our kool nights about 55
Old March 30th, 2015, 06:31 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Morning people's

Weekends are purty quick aren't they?

Sad news yesterday. Saw my neighbor Richard out n about whilst I was pressure washing so I stopped to go chat with him. Something didn't 'look' right. Someone smershed the back of is Ram and it was sporting a new tailgate. Then he drops this bombshell that he quit his job for a new one up in Ft. McMurray. Dats de oil sands city fer you that aren't sure. So he'll be moving this summer. Too bad cause they're really good people and I've been like a gramps to his kids since they were teepee creepers.

Ted, ya mean I like ya better den my own fambly? I understand zactly. Great finish to the Sveedland game yesterday huh? Carter was on fire and Pat musta been collecting Get Out of Jail cards for quite awhile, especially that triple in the 7th to plug the holes in what was otherwise a sinking ship. Watching the Czech game right now. Wonderful second end taking 4, and looks like a great opportunity to force 1 or even steal in the 3 rd. UPDATE!! Wow, Snitil just missed his hit and stick! Meh rolls out and Canada STEALS 3!!! 7-1 end of the 3rd. This one could go into the record books for scoring if this keeps up. I predict hand shakes end of the 8th.

Jim, uh no sir. No more den footyball or whack whitey. Send us sum boomers, we could use dem to clean de streets here.

Mike, dat lawnmower a 'first pull first start' job? I got one that's at least a 10 pull and just maybe...

Darrel, already taking something similar. Tanks fer de link. I thought you already had them hooked up. Make sure your alt can handle them. You need the right harness and relays. It'll create quite a bit of draw like a rear window defogger.

Whar is Scot hidin?

Enjoy your day
Old March 30th, 2015, 06:59 AM
Always room for one more

Good morning everyone.

Rain didn't start too early this morning and it's already clearing up. Jamesbo we only got one good clap of thunder, but micro seconds later the pups were up on the bed with me. Decided to forego the Awful house to stay home with the shaking puppies.

Allan I have an electric mower. I have a Lawn Boy in the garage that hasn't been run in a lot of years, I'd like to get it going but haven't gotten it dug out. What's funny is all the time I was growing up we had a Black & Decker electric mower(my Dad worked for B&D). I hated that thing. It was some huge thing with a silver deck and orange motor. Bought my Lawn Boy in 1982 with lawn mowing money. The B&D electric mower I have now I got when my Mom moved to her apartment, it's some little green plastic thing. What I'd give for that big silver one now.

Welcome Terry. Wish it was gonna be 87 here today. I need to adopt your schedule. Do something/work on cars. I get caught up doing dumb stuff around here and never get to the cars.

Think I'll paint today. The sun is out now but everything is a muddy mess so not much to do. And it's car washing day. Hm, the driveway is already wet... Maybe I'll just hang out here all day. Have a good day all.
Old March 30th, 2015, 07:26 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Wow!
Blowout game.11-2 at the end of the 6th and it's time for handshakes. Ted, that center line rock that looked like it was out of the rings? Who except Johnny Mo woulda asked for a measure and turns out it's a counter???

Mike, I had electric too. Got used to the cord and I spose it was ok. In a way that's a first start every time. But I also attach a de thatching bar to the mower so I need something with better torque. Used to hate having to fill that Ol mower with lectrcity.
Old March 30th, 2015, 08:07 AM
Always room for one more

Looks like it's going to be a nice day. If it dries up this afternoon I'll get out and do something. Right now I've got all my painting stuff out and am going to continue on the new living room project. I've been working on this for over a year.

I finally fixed the dogs their breakfast. They want nothing to do with it. Eh, they'll see it again for their supper. The stupid dog is next door, still, and I didn't expect it. Now my dogs are full of mud from running at the fence.
Old March 30th, 2015, 09:04 AM
Always room for one more

Got the painting underway. Now if I can only cut down on distractions. Hm.

Got my digital music going on the cable TV. I hate painting, but it's all visual progress. It's easy to see things progressing, especially since I'm covering up some hideous orange.
Old March 30th, 2015, 09:08 AM
Just an Olds Guy

I wanna see a picture of that hideous before/after That wouldn't last more than a few hours if it was my place.
Old March 30th, 2015, 10:07 AM
Always room for one more

Allan we got a huge pay cut right after I moved in. Ten years later, I finally have money and a plan to redecorate.

The section behind the stove will be a stone product. The strip below will be white trim to match the baseboard. In the other picture, the maroon was the "accent." Orange and maroon. Add the blue and it makes one wish he was colorblind. It will look good when it's done. The floor will be a dark tile with throw rugs. I like my carpeting, but with dogs and no mudroom it's just too much.

Funny story about this orange. The neighbor lady next door had one wall in her dining room painted this orange. The woman who lived here liked it and then painted the whole upstairs. The neighbor saw it and then repainted her dining room.

Yes that's a tool box in my living room.
Old March 30th, 2015, 10:42 AM
Captain Starfire

Hola, boys & girls (I get to make that plural now thanks to Terry)

Last few days have just flown.. Friday I worked like a Trojan (the kind that used to live in Troy) trying to get that garden straight before our departure Saturday. Did OK, but didn't get to mulch. (That'll have to wait until our return.) I set up a little watering system, which doesn't look too attractive; but it will hopefully keep the new plantings alive until we're back in da' Swamp.

Saturday was marathon driving the F-150 with full load up to Hiawassee. Traffic thru Hotlanta was miser-bel for some unknown reason, except that it was Hotlanta. Took us an extra half hour creeping thru. It was a little over 11 hours total, with about a 45-minute break in Newnan for a Cracker Barrel repast. Yesterday was recovery day. Today I'm getting motivated for playing with the Yamaha and eventually finishing the white (trim) parts of the railings and decks.

The last (and first for me) full-fledged CO rendezvous was, if my memory serves correct, 10/26/13. I remember the date 'cause that was the morning I got a call from the nursing home re: Aunt Connie's having been thrown around like a rag doll (they reported it as a "fall"). Lice. Any, returning to pleasantries, a good time was had by all! Jamesbo, what would you do if you planned a trip to N.O. and a big, nasty funeral reared its ugly head? Would you be able to work around? Since I'm pretty much always down there, maybe you could throw out a few dates and see whether Mike, Ted, et al could make it? I'd say any time this summer or later (barring hurricane season!) would work for me. I'll definitely make myself available and help with logistics should anyone need assistance. Sandy, might you be able to attend?

Whelpt, I've spent longer on this thing than I planned... gonna' make myself a little scarce whilst I'm up here. Jamesbo, if you have anything up your sleeve, send me a txt, 'cause I don't plan on being back on for a while. I think Mike and I will be getting together next week, if the Good Lord says the same.

Y'all have a great day of the Moon, Oldsmofriends!

Last edited by Bee-Oh-Pee; March 30th, 2015 at 10:59 AM.
Old March 30th, 2015, 11:07 AM
Always room for one more

The painting continues. Found a digital station playing country oldies. When I was a kid I hated country music. My parents listened to it and of course they had control of the radio. Now, my favorite music is the very stuff they listened to, and what's playing on this station today.

John that's quite a driveway to get the bike down to the surface, and back up again. I enjoyed my bike for awhile, then decided a convertible was more to my liking.
Old March 30th, 2015, 11:59 AM

Mike, I'd rather bust rocks dan paint.

When you headed up to John's place. Maybe you could swing by mine or me swig by his
Old March 30th, 2015, 12:06 PM
Always room for one more

Done painting for the day. I know what you're saying, Jamesbo. It takes a lot for me to get motivated enough to paint. But once I'm going, it's okay. Now I need to prep more walls for more blue paint. But that's for another day.

Give John a shout when he has the plans firmed up. Bet it's real purty up there this time of year.
Old March 30th, 2015, 01:05 PM
Always room for one more

Wow I can't believe it's 4:00 already. The day has definitely improved, and is sunny and warm out. Don't want to get all the car washing stuff out so I'll clean out the van a little.
Old March 30th, 2015, 02:03 PM
Always room for one more

So my neighbor gives me some monkey bread. Her sister made it when she was visiting and left it. Boy is this stuff good. Very gooey, pastry-y, nutty, yum.
Old March 30th, 2015, 03:45 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Looks like tomorrow is boneyard day. They also have a Sonata I can scavenge some stuff I'm looking for.

In honor of Canada playing Ruskies now I'm swilling some distiller potatoes mixed wit clam juice an stuff.

Mike I like the blue color. Blood red on the other wall? How does that match? Pass de monkey bread.....
Old March 30th, 2015, 06:04 PM
Always room for one more

I think I'm gonna take in the junkyard tomorrow, too. There's a few more parts I want to liberate from a Dodge Maxi, and maybe there will be others as well.

Time for Starsky and Hutch. Charlie's Angels after that. Then TJ Hooker. Don't know if I'll watch that.

Think I'm done. Have a good night everyone.
Old March 31st, 2015, 04:36 AM
Sammy70 455 Supreme

Mornin All,...Wurm?

Gotta figure out how to ship 8 cylinders out to Bernhard in Vancouver today as cheaply as possible.....

Allan, I got called out of the house for the past two days...what happened in the Ruskies game?

Mike, looks like ya got Spring fever

John, all for a get together..Just say when and where

Clint, ATV racing sounds dangerous. The only thing I use mine for is pushing cars around the yard

Jim, I think curling is like hockey....it never ends

Have a Day All
Old March 31st, 2015, 04:36 AM
CQR

Mornin all.

Mike keep it up. It'll be great when you're done.

Sandy good luck today. Hope it all goes smooth. Well bet you're glad to see Daryl made it. I wasn't sure he was gonna get out of that mess. Don't understand why he said everyone would need tissues.

Have a Tuesday all.
Old March 31st, 2015, 05:08 AM

Mawn'in all

Spose to be nice today

X 2 Sandy good luck, hope dis is the end of it

Allan, I drank rotten potatoes wit Clamato for years until I looked at de label 60% sodium Still miss it

John, Me thinks my days of visit'in de Big Easy are long gone. Sorry Duty calls. It's almost as bad as owning a dairy. Wasn't it about Easter when y'all came to my house in de mountains?

Did anyone tell Terry about our 100% attendance requirement?

GTG got a meeting wit de city den later wit a family
Old March 31st, 2015, 05:23 AM
Always room for one more

Good morning everyone.

I always say how much I like it being dark in the mornings. That's mainly for when I get home from work it's easier to get to sleep. But mornings like this when it's bright and sunny out can't be beat.

Good luck Sandy. I know you're glad this will be it. Any reason it wouldn't be?

Ted and Clint, you have no idea how bad I get spring fever. I don't even have to do anything outside, I just hate being cooped up inside. I wish my dogs were more like that, they only want to stay inside and lay on the couch.

Okay Awful house. Have a good day everyone.
Old March 31st, 2015, 06:22 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Morning everyone

Shaping up nicely wit a predicted hight of 63 or so! Definitely beach wear weather. Spoda be a t storm later on too, tanks fer dat Jim. 4" of snow for tomorrow.

Ted, started out slow, but Canada ended up winning 9-3 in the ninth end. It was a bit see saw up till the sixth, but then the Ruskies started missing their shots, and Simmons started making his.

Jim, ah doesn't oft parch wit it an I know dat clam juice is high sodium but I still likes an occasional one mebbe once a month.

Mike, what size roller are you using? Looks like a tiny one. I guess you're gonna beat me to the boneyard today, not heading out for a bit. I think spring fever hits a lot of us. So now you callin yer pups couch taters?

Enjoy your day
Old March 31st, 2015, 04:04 PM

Well, that explains it. The reason that I couldn't get those dang wiper blades on my car was, because they were they wrong ones! I used the lookup chart at Maynerds, which gave the correct lengths for my car, but no way was they gonna work, of course I can't find the receipt. I bought a pair of Trico's and 1 minute later they were on the car.
Old March 31st, 2015, 05:37 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Sadness, great sadness. 3 ends to go and Canada is down 4 to Thomas from Norvay. Jim, you'd love dis guy. He's out on de ice dressed zactly like ol Payne Stewart. Onee ting ta change would be curlin shoes fer cleats an broom fer a whackin stick.

EDIT: I nose ya'd havva hard time wit it so her's proof

Pats gonna need some magic to come back from dis one!

Last edited by Allan R; March 31st, 2015 at 06:36 PM.
Old March 31st, 2015, 05:56 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Yup, crying towel time. 9-3 for Norvay. On de plus side John Shuster USA is beatin de Chinlee 6-5 and has last rock in de 9th. Looks real good for a multiple point score foe team USA. They should be able to hang in for the win IMHO.

Elsie an her band de bass blowhards Jess showed up. Whattaya know? De new wedder gal was right. Shoot, dat means it'll prolly be white in de mawnin.

Dan, it's always sumpin like dat. How's de foot? Oh, 71 meelyun now....

Have a pleasant Eve everyone.
Old March 31st, 2015, 06:32 PM
Just an Olds Guy

John Shuster - you rock!! LOL curlers joke. He won 9 - 5. Nice job! He's gotta pull a few more wabbits outta his hat though cause he's 3-4 in the standings with 4 more games to go. He needs to put a winning streak together. Not a 'gimme' by any stretch.