92 Custom Cruiser Climate Control

Search this Thread

Old September 7th, 2023, 06:18 PM

92 Custom Cruiser Climate Control

New to olds ownership here, having a problem with my 92 cruiser. I have a fault code being stored in my climate control unit but cannot seem to enter the diagnostic mode to retrieve the fault.

From searching I found to turn ignition on, hold temp up and off for up to 5 seconds but it doesn't work. The buttons work normally so I know they function.

Any suggestions?
Old September 8th, 2023, 03:00 AM

Did you pull codes from the ALDL by using a paperclip to short the A & B terminals together? That's a place to start.

Check it out!

https://classicoldsmobile.com/forums...mputer-123831/

Last edited by Olds64; September 8th, 2023 at 03:03 AM.
Old September 8th, 2023, 04:44 AM

If it has the electronic AC control there should be a small letter F with a degree symbol and if it is flashing on and off that means low refrigerant was detected. This must be cleared as it locks out the compressor. Must add refrigerant, The Factory Shop manual has the procedure.
Old September 8th, 2023, 05:46 AM

Originally Posted by Oldsmaniac
If it has the electronic AC control there should be a small letter F with a degree symbol and if it is flashing on and off that means low refrigerant was detected. This must be cleared as it locks out the compressor. Must add refrigerant, The Factory Shop manual has the procedure.
That's exactly what happened, cycled the key and it allowed a/c again. at one point i was fiddling around pushing buttons trying to get it in to diag mode and i stopped to check my phone and looked back and it entered the mode, but I have no idea what made it work all of the sudden. was able to clear fault 09 (low refrigerant) but can't get back in to diag mode again.

Do you know how it monitors low refrigerant? from what i can see in the electrical diagram, both pressure switches are on the output side of the circuit and also go through a relay, unsure how the climate control is able to monitor it.

Thanks!
Old September 8th, 2023, 12:18 PM

Service manual says press ext temp and hold while pressing off to enter diagnostics
Old September 8th, 2023, 04:25 PM

Factory service manuals are a HUGE help with maintaining and troubleshooting these vehicles and are very readily accessible/affordable right here on this site.😃
Old September 11th, 2023, 08:40 PM

I will have to get one asap, from using the google all I found was temp up and off button.