EBAY WARNING - BEWARE oldsfreddy

Search this Thread

Old December 6th, 2011, 03:18 PM

Hi J,

Yeah, I was kind of figuring if he sold Olds parts...and pretty desireable ones at that, that some people on this forum would be running into him, as I did. So I just wanted to give everyone a "heads-up", thinking it might just prevent someone from getting burned.

I'm pretty sure he'll pop up again soon trying to sell the parts that didn't sell this go-around. So be careful people.

take care,
bob
Old December 6th, 2011, 03:45 PM

Originally Posted by Schne442
It could of happened , I once almost ran over my wife in the driveway but she kept getting out of the way
Now that's funny!
Old December 6th, 2011, 04:57 PM

schnee442 that's why you have to run full mufflers on them
Old December 6th, 2011, 06:34 PM
Connoisseur d'Junque

Originally Posted by firefrost gold
... that's why you have to run full mufflers on them
I tried that - I could hear her anyway!

- Eric
Old December 7th, 2011, 03:56 PM

Well...........that didn't take long........he's baaaaaack! Oldsfreddy has a 72 442 listed on eBay, but this time he has a reserve.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Oldsm...item2c615cfa99

If any of you guys win that auction send ol' Freddy my regards.

later,
bob
Old December 7th, 2011, 05:51 PM
"me somebody" site member

I'm sure he'll be selling lots of stuff in the future. Its his right, whether his wife really ran over your item or not, and EVEN if he simply forgot to put a reserve on the auction you won. Worst case is that that's what happened, and he wiggled out of his mistake. Best case is it happened just like he said and when you effectively accused him of lying by asking for photographic proof, he figured you could go p*ss up a rope. Either way, you aint getting that panel, and that alone is no reason for someone who wants that car not to bid on it.

Time to get over it and quit with the stalking. Just sayin.
Old December 7th, 2011, 06:21 PM

Originally Posted by aliensatemybuick
i'm sure he'll be selling lots of stuff in the future. Its his right, whether his wife really ran over your item or not, and even if he simply forgot to put a reserve on the auction you won. Worst case is that that's what happened, and he wiggled out of his mistake. Best case is it happened just like he said and when you effectively accused him of lying by asking for photographic proof, he figured you could go p*ss up a rope. Either way, you aint getting that panel, and that alone is no reason for someone who wants that car not to bid on it.

I agree
Old December 7th, 2011, 08:16 PM

Me too.

later,
bob
Old December 7th, 2011, 11:37 PM

Originally Posted by bobb
Aliens....Wow!....good catch! So my bad folks...I should have done a minute's worth of research before I believed what that fellow Ebay'er told me. Looks like "oldsfreddy" and "fastfreddy" are NOT the same person, as "oldsfreddy" is in WI and "fastfreddy" is in MI.

My sincerest appologies to "fastfreddy". And a big THANKS to Aliens for catching it.

take care,
bob

Just bid on the panel he is selling now for $1000 and when the time comes to pay, say your dog ate your $1000 bill. Tell him when your dog has a crap, you'll send him a picture of it.

Last edited by 442much; December 7th, 2011 at 11:40 PM.
Old December 8th, 2011, 04:47 AM

Ken.....I'm still laughing. But the dude's not worth my time.

later,
bob
Old December 8th, 2011, 04:58 AM

After a little digging it turns out that "oldsfreddy" is actually Frederick Echeverria from Racine, WI.

Just FYI

take care,
bob
Is he a pontiac Guy????? If so i know him. I bought my 65 off of him. After meeting him. I dont trucst him at all. Just got a bad vibe. Plus he gave me the wrong door glass, and then stopped returning my calls.
Old December 8th, 2011, 05:06 AM

Well...........that didn't take long........he's baaaaaack! Oldsfreddy has a 72 442 listed on eBay, but this time he has a reserve.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Oldsm...item2c615cfa99

If any of you guys win that auction send ol' Freddy my regards.

later,
bob

Bob

Yep thats the guy i delt with. Be careful everyone. How many ebay accounts does this guy have? Back when i bought my 65 off of him it was a different account. But i can see in the pics that is his house. He also has a shop less then a mile from his house.
Old December 8th, 2011, 06:42 AM
Connoisseur d'Junque

Bob, how did your '65 Ponch turn out? Did he misrepresent anything?

This eBay sale looks like the classic "not quite illegal" BS artist deal, "It WAS a highly valuable car, but "someone stold" all the parts that make it valuable, but, like, it's the real thing, man, honest!"
If you're dumb or ignorant enough to bite, and you find out it's been misrepresented, it's "I never said that," and "That's not what I meant," and "You got the wrong idea."
Oh, and "My wife ran it over."

Not exactly a scammer, but a lowlife, and definitely one to beware of.

I wonder whether there's a way to "sticky" this sort of information for future buyers, without wandering into the territory of stalking or libel?
(We, cumulatively, already have his name, phone number, address, property layout, and who knows what-all else - creepy, really.)

- Eric
Old December 8th, 2011, 10:31 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Originally Posted by 442much
Just bid on the panel he is selling now for $1000 and when the time comes to pay, say your dog ate your $1000 bill. Tell him when your dog has a crap, you'll send him a picture of it.
Now that's funny!
Oh, BTW heres your 'payment"
Old December 8th, 2011, 11:19 AM
Loose Radical

Josh does know this guy. I remember that house. Blew me off on follow up items. Just his way of doing business i guess.
Old December 9th, 2011, 12:28 AM

I disagree

" and EVEN if he simply forgot to put a reserve on the auction you won. Worst case is that that's what happened, and he wiggled out of his mistake."

Worst case?? So it is O.K. to wiggle your way out of a deal when it is not to your liking even though it is your own mistake?

" and that alone is no reason for someone who wants that car not to bid on it."

That is more than enough for me.

Don W
Old December 9th, 2011, 05:21 AM

Hey Don,

Just to be clear........I was agreeing with giving up on "stalking" this guy....if that's what people consider having a discussion about a questionable seller and warning people about it, not that it's reason enough to not to give this guy my business. I sure wouldn't bid on anything else he puts out there......but that's just me. To each his own.

later,
bob
Old December 9th, 2011, 05:33 AM

Originally Posted by aliensatemybuick
I'm sure he'll be selling lots of stuff in the future. Its his right, whether his wife really ran over your item or not, and EVEN if he simply forgot to put a reserve on the auction you won. Worst case is that that's what happened, and he wiggled out of his mistake. Best case is it happened just like he said and when you effectively accused him of lying by asking for photographic proof, he figured you could go p*ss up a rope. Either way, you aint getting that panel, and that alone is no reason for someone who wants that car not to bid on it.

I Disagree
Old December 9th, 2011, 07:59 AM

Agree. Disagree. It doesn't really matter.

Reporting what the guy did to the O.P. in this space is not stalking. But then it didn't really end there. The O.P. wants approbation, and has gotten plenty of that. But to expect nothing BUT that is not being realistic.

Lots of useless advice in this thread...like bidding on the guy's current auction and not paying him...try that and you'll find out that EBay protects seller's interests far more than they do the buyer's. And why would you expect otherwise? Hint: Ebay makes their revenue off...sellers.

This just in: people can't always be relied on to honor their word. Film at 11.
Old December 9th, 2011, 08:52 AM

Damn Aliens.....I had to pull out the ol' dictionary to figure out what you were saying with "approbation". SOMEONE obviously paid more attention in English class than I did.

Simple translation for those of you down around my level.....he's saying I didn't just warn you, I was seeking your approval and praise. I can assure you I was not. I really don't care if you buy stuff from the guy or not. It's none of my business. My intent was merely to let you know this guy is out there.

Lots of useless advice? Uhhhh.... this is a forum, isn't it? Aren't forums where people can voice their opinion on a topic, maybe throw some humor in the mix, or just plain vent a bit? Whatever happened to "if you don't like what you're reading, stop reading".....there's plenty other posts that are probably more within your guidelines for online literary prose.

Sorry for this post guys, but I read some of the comments on here and just shake my head. It's a forum for people with a common interest for crying out loud, just talking. Unless I'm wrong.

later,
bob
Old December 9th, 2011, 08:57 AM

That's cool. Please remember, that when I refered to useless advice, I was including my own. My point is I don't have to agree with your posting the guy's current auction ("he's baaaaaaack"), his name and address, others' incorrect attempts to connect him with other sellers, or advice on how to "get him back" etc. And you don't have to agree with what I said. To each their own.

I still say you should move on though.
Old December 9th, 2011, 11:06 AM
this is not my car lol

i know a guy, who knows a guy who could adjust his knee caps...for a small fee, ofcourse.

PM me the details

Old December 9th, 2011, 11:46 AM

I met this guy a few years ago, and his buddy that sells Pontiac stuff, just what you would expect in person as has been described here. I would not buy anything from them.
Old December 9th, 2011, 07:09 PM

Coming from a very Italian family born and raised in Northern New Jersey I can personally attest that blows to the knee caps are incredibly painful. But let's not go there. )

Have a good night guys,
bob