W-30 Azure to Twighlight

Search this Thread

Old July 26th, 2012, 07:30 AM

what irked me most is how early on it was going to be done as a driver, then as i statrted to point out issues i was told "its just a car." Then as it took longer to finish it became "the more time i spend on it the more your car is worth" BS! as you mentioned what he did was only work on my car when they were slow and. almost always. with a different employee. Whats worse the owner always brought up Jesus, ( not his employee :-) ) as someone raised catholic
nothing ticks me off more than those who preach religion (any religion) but then lie about everything- thats another story he and most others like him are complete hypocrits. Jesus had nothing to do with my car and no im not a practicing catholic
Old July 26th, 2012, 09:03 AM

<------- Laughing @ "JESUS" coments..... :0)

"I'm just telling you what GOD knows........'cause GOD knows....this car aint gonna get done!" -----Quote from one of my previous customers when his car was at another shop.

Last edited by clean cut creations; July 26th, 2012 at 09:06 AM.
Old July 26th, 2012, 10:00 AM

I feel your pain. I had similar experiences with the paint on mine. They ended up repainting my entire car was well.

I told them from the beginning it was going to be a driver. I'm not sure that was the best idea. I think they used it as an excuse to do a lower quality job than they would have done otherwise. I don't think they would have charged me any more to do a show quality job either.

I took a little bit different route than you because I had them paint and re-assemble the body panels but nothing else. The engine and dash were installed so the car could be moved around but the dash had to be removed again to clean up all the dust from sanding anyway. After painting they re-assembled the car but I still ended up removing every panel except the trunk to get it re-aligned to my satisfaction. When they re-painted the car I made them re-assemble it. I think I probably should have done it myself but I just didn't have the time nor did I feel I should have to as I'd already done it once before.

It took three months and about 200-300 hours for me to re-assemble the car after the first paint job but I knew it was done right. I really don't think most body shops have the talent to do a correct re-assembly. It takes an incredible amount of research to do it right and every car is different.