Ceramic Coating

Search this Thread

Old September 28th, 2023, 08:29 AM

Ceramic Coating

Just had my ‘63 ceramic coated and I was shocked how well it turned out. I had minimal experience with the process when it first came around years ago on one of my Harley’s but man has it come up since then.

He spent most of the day polishing/buffing and fine tuning the paint before applying the coating. Once done it looks wet with what looks like an inch of clear. The depth it created is impressive. It’s not what I would call cheap but if it lasts the 5 years as stated and continues to look this way I’d say it’s well worth it.

Just wanted to share my results but be careful if you use someone local. My Detailer said it’s all in the prep work. If you create small swirls from bad buffing etc it will be magnified when the ceramic is applied.

These are the only two pics I snapped. I just had to go cruise around when I saw it and it was dark by the time I got back home haha. The paint has a flake in it, not a solid color, and it still has a mirror finish.

Old September 28th, 2023, 09:55 AM

Lookin' good!
Old September 28th, 2023, 10:02 AM

Looks great!! My father-in-law and I did the cut/buff/paint correction/ceramic on my '69. I was blown away with every step. I've cleaned (washed/waxed) cars and been proud of them, but it's an entirely different level when you have that focus on it. I thought I had my car clean from the barn, but once we started on the cut/buff process, I was blown away at how rich that color was. It still has these weird spots, that I'm wondering are due to the fact we applied the ceramic, then I had to hurry up and rush it home before the rain (almost as if the moisture/humidity created an uneven sealing) but once its in the sunlight, you can't tell.

Old September 28th, 2023, 06:19 PM

My parents had their 90 Trofeo done. The people that done it said the same thing. Has to be prepped perfect first. This is an original paint car that has not been polished or waxed since the day it left the showroom floor. Was crazy dull but looks fantastic now.

Your 63 looks fantastic!

Old September 28th, 2023, 07:25 PM
same but different

Wow. Those cars all look great.
Old September 29th, 2023, 11:38 AM
'70 4-Speed W Machine

All the examples above are indicative of what ceramic is capable of today. Great looking paint, and I swear these cars when polished drive so much better!