Body work All body work discussion including vinyl tops

1964 Cutlass 2 door - Structure Under Deck Filler Panel?

Search this Thread

Old September 15th, 2015, 06:17 PM

1964 Cutlass 2 door - Structure Under Deck Filler Panel?

So there is a panel under the deck filler panel which is rusted and I would like to replace it. Does anyone know where to find this piece?

It may be called a Rear Deck Package Tray Speaker Shelf Panel.
Old September 15th, 2015, 10:24 PM
I'm indecisive. Or am I..

I'm not sure if the panel is available in 'Olds' form but check out other 'A' body catalogs. They reproduce everything for chevys and that type of panel typically is common to all. Pontiac and buick more likely.
Old October 29th, 2015, 07:22 PM

Originally Posted by Napoleon Solo
I'm not sure if the panel is available in 'Olds' form but check out other 'A' body catalogs. They reproduce everything for chevys and that type of panel typically is common to all. Pontiac and buick more likely.
It's weird. The only panel that I can find that I'd image to be remotely close is for a '66 - '67 Chevelle. Thinking about ordering it to see if it fits.

Wondering what the GTO people did to fix this panel...
Old October 30th, 2015, 01:42 PM

I just looked in the Ames Performance catalog ( Pontiac people ) did not see one. I bought a lot of stuff from them for my F-85 Pro-touring build. Take some measurements of of what you have, I'm willing to bet it maybe stamped out a little different but i would fit, put the package tray over it. No one will ever know. Or source one from a donor car. alot of 64-65 A Body's out there. Like mentioned above, I would say that the 64-65 Pontiacs and Buicks are the same too.
Old November 1st, 2015, 02:51 PM

Years ago I cut up a 1965 Cutlass and saved this piece. It is missing a little on each end as I left some trim on the quarter panels I cut off and sold. If this would help you I could trim off the parts you don't need. The panel under the package tray is good, there was bad rust in the window channel if you could work around it. John

DSCN5183.jpg

DSCN5184.jpg
Old November 2nd, 2015, 05:06 PM

John that's a great example of what he needs. I'm going to look at some of the pictures of the 64 Pro-Touring build and see if that would help and if so will post.
Old November 3rd, 2015, 08:12 PM

Thank you all for the replies. Yes, I did not find a reproduction panel, but I would also wager that Buicks and Ponitiacs of similar body styles would have the same panel, more accurate than the Chevelle piece. Though I could modify a panel to fit if I needed to.

Yes! the panel in the picture is exactly what I am referring to. The part that I need is the lip where the weather stripping goes. The lip is rusted through in some spots and I would rather cut the rot out and weld better metal in. All that I would need is the lip and a few inches that continues under the deck filler panel. Are those areas solid on the sheet metal that you have?