Care and Appearance Washing, waxing, paint care products, etc.

Windshield Leak 1982 Delta 88

Search this Thread

Old February 8th, 2024, 02:22 PM
Roy Ale

Windshield Leak 1982 Delta 88

I had a new after market windshield installed june 2019 . It was installed in a different province , so cannot go back to the original installer. What brought this to my attention was the headliner came away from the back board close to the windshield. Then in heavy rain the headliner was wet and carpet wet . Question does the windshield have to come out ? or take the metal trim off and add sealant ? One local shop was not sure if headliner had to be fixed first as headliner might be tucked into windshield channel ? Q ? Does the headliner have to be fixed first ? does the headliner have anything to do with windshield ? Should the headliner come out to have a good look at what is going on with water leaks ? This car is my daily driver and has no value , maybe i do not need a head liner as its more important in the pacific north west to not have water leaks . Suggestions please .
Old February 9th, 2024, 06:55 PM
Roy Ale

I took the long headliner support trim off that is close to the windshield. headliner drops a bit so that i can now see how the windshield seals to the body of the car . guess i should have done this before posting , so now i can see that the headliner has nothing to do with how the windshield seals to the body . So not sure why a local shop told me to fix the headliner first ? I do not want a new headliner if i can not stop water coming in and soaking the headliner ! I also removed the outside windshield trim to see how much room there is to add more sealant , there is lots of room ! so will add more sealant and see if that stops the water coming in . I could not find a molding clip tool from any local stores . so went ahead and took the windshield trim off with tools i had . I should order the right tool . Question what is the best tool to get the windshield trim off ? tool to release the clips . the Lisle molding clip removal tool model # 83220 ? or trim removal pliers ? or ?