Cars For Sale Please read forum guidelines before posting.

1970 442 $80k (not mine)

Search this Thread

Old November 20th, 2021, 01:17 AM

1970 442 $80k (not mine)

https://losangeles.craigslist.org/lg...405909423.html

Last edited by dragline; November 20th, 2021 at 01:20 AM. Reason: TITLE CHANGE
Old November 20th, 2021, 07:08 AM
72 Olds CS

Seems optimistic.
Old November 20th, 2021, 12:20 PM

It says "unmolested original," but the engine color looks off to me. Just my eyes? Good looking ride, though.
Old November 20th, 2021, 12:31 PM
Banned

Agreed on 80 grand seems overly optimistic. I do love a green 442. Looks like a decent car but 80 grand is a start high price. I would guess 50 or so.

1970 Oldsmobile 442cylinders:drive:fuel: gasodometer: 75487paint color: greentitle status: cleantransmission: automatictype: coupemore ads by this user 1970 Oldsmobile 442 Price: $79,800.00Basic Information:Stock Number: C0661Model Year: 1970Make: OldsmobileModel: 442Style Name: W30 0 DrExterior Color: GreenInterior Color: BlackVehicle Type: CoupeEngine:Fuel Type: GasolineEngine Description: 455 CiDriveTrain:Transmission: Turbo 400 AutomaticDescription: This one owner, cool hand luke, factory muscle car, could be yours. As you know, the W30 is the boss when it comes to power, performance and comfort. This is NOT a restored car. This is an unmolested original ready to see many more miles. They are only original once. 455ci with Turbo 400 Transmission See all undercarriage pics on our website at www.atomicmotors.net

Last edited by no1oldsfan; November 20th, 2021 at 12:36 PM.
Old November 20th, 2021, 12:33 PM
Vincit qui se vincit

If the phrases “W30”, “one owner” and “unmolested original” are true, sign me up. Can’t be many left.
Old November 20th, 2021, 12:49 PM
Banned

If...
Old November 20th, 2021, 01:34 PM

Solid rust free car looks like…if they have all the docs, broadcast card , order manifest etc then despite being green it should bring 70-75k.. there just aren’t many true numbers matching documented cars left..this looks like a seriously original car. However engine has been repainted, clamps on hoses etc have been changed.. hate that color but man its a clean metal car.
I went on the site, there is a copy of the actual order of the car showing w30, pop etc, its the real deal..undercarriage has been sprayed black recently for sure, oil pan etc repainted, but a very very rare documented car.

Last edited by Andy; November 20th, 2021 at 01:44 PM.
Old November 20th, 2021, 01:40 PM

How is it that the inner fenders are bright red, unscuffed(un-molsted), but the washer bottle looks very molested.
Old November 20th, 2021, 02:13 PM

Originally Posted by 70W-32
How is it that the inner fenders are bright red, unscuffed(un-molsted), but the washer bottle looks very molested.
Different plastics, not unusual.
Old November 20th, 2021, 06:26 PM

Originally Posted by 70W-32
I don't think those are original inner fenders. Slight exaggeration is ok, but docs are good.

I like the color.
Old November 20th, 2021, 07:24 PM

Their website atomicmotors.net has some good pictures of what looks like the original owners personal journal. He put a lot of miles on the car in a hurry - must have had a long commute. By unmolested are they saying the car has it’s original paint ? The paint looks good - Sherwood Green is a great color. The entire undercarriage looks like it was sprayed with either thick paint or undercoating. NA9 California Emissions is still hooked up, stated on the window sticker and looks like half the emissions sticker is still on the radiator top plate. No mention of original W parts but it’s refreshing to see a late build W without a wing.

Last edited by Bigmikey65; November 21st, 2021 at 12:22 PM.
Old November 20th, 2021, 08:21 PM

gets me,no pics of the gauges or drivers side of the dash.
Old November 20th, 2021, 08:31 PM
W30

Same car as mine, seems ok....other than the new red fender wells..

My car was the same color also....its black now
Old November 20th, 2021, 09:36 PM
Banned

I don't get the green haters. That is absolutely one of the best colors on a 70 Olds. All 70 A Bodies wear that color well. Super cool car if you can prove what it is. 80 Grand?... Crazy money that you would Never get back.
Old November 21st, 2021, 03:52 AM

I think those are original inner fenders, these are mine, they are original..pictures could be enhanced to make it look more red, but no reason why a car this nice and original would change out the inner fenders..Green is simply a personal choice, you like it or you don’t..I doubt its been repainted, look at the pics the nose has lots of pittinf in the paint, definitely the dealership sprayed the black **** all over the under carriage. Who knows same dealership couldhave painted the inner fender wells as well.

Last edited by Andy; November 21st, 2021 at 04:01 AM. Reason: Ad words
Old November 21st, 2021, 05:33 PM
Banned

That dark green is one of my favorite colors on a 70. That color looks great on every 70 A body.

My personal opinion again is that 80 grand is stupid money for that car. But that being said. There is a lot of stupid money getting thrown around lately. Tax dodging or ? I don't get it. The prices people are paying for certain cars is baffling to me. Pick up so many of these "high dollar" cars for cheaper down the line. Watch. We have all seen it before.

I am in no way ******* this car. I love the car. Do I love a standard color W-30 for 80 grand? Not a chance. Hell how many fully documented 68 Hurst Olds's could you buy for 80 and under? Beautiful car. Extreme DEALER pricing Once again.

Last edited by no1oldsfan; November 21st, 2021 at 05:37 PM.
Old November 22nd, 2021, 05:58 AM
Jeff

Under the hood looks like the ol' stupid trick of spraying down with something that stays wet for photos, so that everything looks shiny and new. Look at the radiator top plate, the hoses, and the washer bottle. Dead giveaway. I'd bet that the inner fenders received the same spraydown, so that would make them look newer as well.
Old November 22nd, 2021, 10:47 AM

Originally Posted by Weezer
Under the hood looks like the ol' stupid trick of spraying down with something that stays wet for photos, so that everything looks shiny and new. Look at the radiator top plate, the hoses, and the washer bottle. Dead giveaway. I'd bet that the inner fenders received the same spraydown, so that would make them look newer as well.
That seems accurate.
Old November 22nd, 2021, 10:58 AM

Originally Posted by Weezer
Agreed
Old November 22nd, 2021, 12:36 PM
Banned

Really? You think a dealer would do something like that?? I am offended. Hell they only want 80k for a quote "all original" car. I think we all know that paint isn't factory. I don't trust Any dealer. Nothing but money to them. 80 grand. Get the H outta here. Every fool jumping the Olds bandwagon these days. If that was a true all original one owner car it would have come up for sale before a dealer got their grips on it.
Old November 22nd, 2021, 01:37 PM
Jeff

Originally Posted by no1oldsfan
Really? You think a dealer would do something like that?? I am offended. Hell they only want 80k for a quote "all original" car. I think we all know that paint isn't factory. I don't trust Any dealer. Nothing but money to them. 80 grand. Get the H outta here. Every fool jumping the Olds bandwagon these days. If that was a true all original one owner car it would have come up for sale before a dealer got their grips on it.
I just shake my head when I see the wet-look in pictures. I had to change some of my ad pictures when I noticed my driveway was still wet under my car, after having washed it and chamois-dried it. I didn't want anyone thinking I had done this trick.

Also, I think some folks employ 3rd party sellers when people pass away. Owner knew what he had, but the estate may not have the slightest idea, and too wrapped up with grief to care about some of these details. Life gets in the way sometimes.

Old November 22nd, 2021, 01:56 PM

I wish the car was a convertible.
Old November 22nd, 2021, 04:09 PM

Originally Posted by no1oldsfan
If your talking the green body paint then actually you don’t know if its original..now the undercarriage, definitely agree..if you go the dealer site, look at the pics carefully there is a lot of pitting on the nose, a spot on the hood, pitting along fenders etc..was it repainted at some point? I don’t know, tend to think not, but you certainly do not know that as a fact either. These cars as you can see are bringing big numbers, same with matching numbers mach ones, z28 camaros, 429 scj fords..the oist goes on. The market is crazy, agree on that but it will either keep going or start to level out or drop off..same for any market on any product. As some say, all us Senior Citizen Aol type…( anyone over 60 I guess) actually worked our asses off, made good investments, got lucky, inherited money..whatever, they have a lot of spendable income driving the market..no different than the stock market
Old November 23rd, 2021, 01:35 PM

When you look at the cost of a new loaded GMC Denali and 20'-24' enclosed trailer which lose value as soon as you take them off the lot (although not as much these days with the high prices on the used truck market), the current cost of rare muscle cars and other classics is not so crazy. You can easily have $80K - $90K or more in a new loaded truck and a nice new enclosed trailer will be $20K at least. Chances are a guy who buys a restored (I realize this one is supposed to be original) car like this to take to concourse events may have more money sitting out in the parking lot than he does on the show field. If that is what you truly enjoy, the high prices don't seem so crazy do they?

Last edited by Loaded68W34; November 23rd, 2021 at 01:50 PM.