Cars For Sale Please read forum guidelines before posting.

Cutlass Supreme 1984, For Sale with regrets!

Search this Thread

Old September 27th, 2006, 03:46 PM

Thumbs up Cutlass Supreme 1984, For Sale with regrets!

A classic beauty ready for restoration. Has Jasper 3.8 L V6 Engine with only 12,000 miles on it.

Needed work: -Transmission front seal leaks, best to just swap tranny with a stronger 350 model available
cheaply at any salvage yard. This one ran fine other than the leak.

-Exhaust pipe and Muffler.

-Replace banged up front right fender and upper shield, also from your local salvage yard. If you need help locating the parts, I will be glad to provide it prior to closing the deal, but cannot guarantee the parts. You'll need to go there and inspect them yourself. Most junk yards are pretty good about accepting the parts back if they don't work.

- Heavy rust on doors and rear side panels.

-Brakes worked fine last time driven, but please check them.

This car ran until Fall 2004, when I replaced the engine oil, allowed tranny oil to leak out completely and stored the car in my garage. Started engine periodically, without driving the car since then.
I paid over $2,000 for the then brand new Jasper engine, to be put in. If you know re-manufacturers, then you'll know about Jasper's reputation for building a product which is as good as a original factory engine.
If you want to buy the car for parts, it's still a great deal just for the engine alone!
This beauty was meant to be my project vehicle, but life changes are forcing me to sell it. If you don't want to restore it completely (although it would be easy work if you love doing it and having a fine hot rod in the end),
you can still fix it mechanically and drive it as it is, and enjoy the ride of a fine, big and tough American classic.
You will get respect on the road and in parking lots, believe me! Us Detroiters know the personality type this ride symbolizes and nobody in his right mind would want to mess with the driver of one.
If you decide to own this "status car" you'll need to tow it away yourself, as I can't ship it.
Spare donut tire/jack/tire iron included, as well as wired, mounted trailer hitch and brake hardware. New belts, shocks, water pump, wires and spark plugs. Will give new distributor cap and rotor too. Better speakers and stereo installed. All glass is good, no chips nor cracks.
I'm located in Sterling Heights, Michigan, 30 minutes North of Detroit.

Thanks for stopping by and good luck!unitaet@yahoo.com