Cars For Sale Please read forum guidelines before posting.

Free (with Title) 1972 Cutlass Supreme in San Antonio, TX

Search this Thread

Old February 25th, 2020, 10:08 AM

Free (with Title) 1972 Cutlass Supreme in San Antonio, TX

Hi everybody, I not familiar with this forum so I hope I'm not screwing things up and posting in the wrong place or anything but I have a Cutlass to give away if anyone wants it. It's a 1972 Cutlass Supreme, blue with a white roof and white interior with the original Rocket 350 in it. It's certainly not pretty because it's been sitting since 2002 but it's original and only has ~85,000 original miles on it. It used to belong to my brother who was given this car when it was still in awesome condition with 63,000 original miles on it in 1999 or 2000 but after driving it for a few years it developed a transmission slip and a leak from one of the head gaskets so he parked it, removed the carb, intake and head covers to pull the heads and do a valve job while in there but then he lost interest. The car has been sitting since then, though it's been moved twice on a rollback by my dad who was holding onto it for all of these years I guess hoping one day to restore it and re-live some glory days he remembered from a '69 442 that he bought new and wished he'd never sold. My dad passed away last May and the place it's being stored (outside, un-covered, mind you) needs it gone so that responsibility has fallen to me. Not going to sugarcoat anything, this car needs ALOT or could be used for parts, etc. I have very fond memories of this car and though it very well may be past the point of no return, I just hate to send it to Pick-N-Pull or a scrap yard without at least checking to see if anyone has any interest in taking it. I have a 1970 K5 Blazer I restored which is how I became aware of various classic car forums and so I thought if anyone wanted it, this would be a good place to ask. Again, I have the title, and the car is free to anyone who wants it. Reply to this thread or DM if you have any interest in it. Otherwise I'll probably post it to Craigslist locally and then go the route of an auto salvage company if nobody here or there wants it. Thanks for looking!

Old February 25th, 2020, 10:46 AM
Running On Empty

Kudos to you for taking the initiative to offer up your car on the forum! Hopefully you'll find an individual willing to take it off your hands if for no other reason than the ability to cannibalize parts.
Old February 25th, 2020, 11:47 AM

I'm interested, let me see if I can find a spot for it. My garages are full at the moment.
Tim
Old February 25th, 2020, 12:16 PM
The Rocket Astronomer

I am in your back yard so let me know when to pick it up.
Old February 25th, 2020, 03:40 PM
72 Olds CS

Like the chief said good on you for offering it up and free thats a good price !!!
Old February 25th, 2020, 04:44 PM
Old School Olds

Nice....
Old February 25th, 2020, 06:04 PM

Looks like a great project.

Last edited by otto72; February 26th, 2020 at 02:55 AM.
Old February 26th, 2020, 11:32 AM

Location would help
Old February 26th, 2020, 11:49 AM

Originally Posted by jon69olds
Location would help
The thread title says San Antonio, TX. Do you need a more precise location than that (street address, maybe)?
Old February 26th, 2020, 12:02 PM
Running On Empty

Originally Posted by Fun71
The thread title says San Antonio, TX. Do you need a more precise location than that (street address, maybe)?

Evidently
Old February 27th, 2020, 07:34 AM

Thanks everybody, hopefully this car will at least be able to breathe a little life into someone else's. @lunaboy was the quickest to respond with his PM so I've called and talked to him and we're coordinating a time for him to go see it in person. Thanks again everybody for taking a look!
Old November 11th, 2023, 10:31 PM

I am interested in the vehicle. I am a tow truck driver and can pick it up whenever you are available. This would be a project for my wife and I.

Thank you

Dale

Last edited by oldcutlass; November 12th, 2023 at 03:36 AM.
Old November 12th, 2023, 09:47 AM

Originally Posted by Devernham60
I am interested in the vehicle. I am a tow truck driver and can pick it up whenever you are available. This would be a project for my wife and I.

Thank you

Dale
You realize the ad is 3 1/2 years old?
Old November 12th, 2023, 01:27 PM
Banned

Would be cool to hear what happened to this car. I love the colors.
Old November 13th, 2023, 03:41 PM

Car inquiry

Originally Posted by chbracke
Hi everybody, I not familiar with this forum so I hope I'm not screwing things up and posting in the wrong place or anything but I have a Cutlass to give away if anyone wants it. It's a 1972 Cutlass Supreme, blue with a white roof and white interior with the original Rocket 350 in it. It's certainly not pretty because it's been sitting since 2002 but it's original and only has ~85,000 original miles on it. It used to belong to my brother who was given this car when it was still in awesome condition with 63,000 original miles on it in 1999 or 2000 but after driving it for a few years it developed a transmission slip and a leak from one of the head gaskets so he parked it, removed the carb, intake and head covers to pull the heads and do a valve job while in there but then he lost interest. The car has been sitting since then, though it's been moved twice on a rollback by my dad who was holding onto it for all of these years I guess hoping one day to restore it and re-live some glory days he remembered from a '69 442 that he bought new and wished he'd never sold. My dad passed away last May and the place it's being stored (outside, un-covered, mind you) needs it gone so that responsibility has fallen to me. Not going to sugarcoat anything, this car needs ALOT or could be used for parts, etc. I have very fond memories of this car and though it very well may be past the point of no return, I just hate to send it to Pick-N-Pull or a scrap yard without at least checking to see if anyone has any interest in taking it. I have a 1970 K5 Blazer I restored which is how I became aware of various classic car forums and so I thought if anyone wanted it, this would be a good place to ask. Again, I have the title, and the car is free to anyone who wants it. Reply to this thread or DM if you have any interest in it. Otherwise I'll probably post it to Craigslist locally and then go the route of an auto salvage company if nobody here or there wants it. Thanks for looking!

Was the car taken. I know someone was looking at it. Let me know if the deal came to be.
Old November 13th, 2023, 04:11 PM

The OP has only two posts on this site, both on this thread. I bet it's long gone. It's anyone's guess.
Old November 13th, 2023, 04:14 PM

The original poster only had 2 posts on this site and he has not logged on for over three years.
Old November 13th, 2023, 04:52 PM

Screw the Cutlass, give me the 73-75 Blazer next to it... and yes I know it's an old thread.
Old November 29th, 2023, 06:03 PM

She’s Gone

Hey guys, I’m sorry to post and ghost. The guy I first talked to did end up coming and picking up this cutlass back when I posted that he and I were coordinating a time for him to. Thank y’all for inquiring!
Old November 29th, 2023, 06:06 PM

She’s gone

P.s. I DO still have that ‘75 K5 Jimmy next to the cutlass in the pics. It was my first car and I can’t seem to talk myself into letting it go. It’s waiting for a resurrection of its own one of these days…
Old December 1st, 2023, 12:42 PM

That goes doubly for me with the Jimmy.
Old February 6th, 2024, 12:21 AM

Please I actually need this cahenderson8107@icloud.com

Originally Posted by chbracke

Old February 6th, 2024, 08:15 AM

The car is sold. Please read the thread before posting.