The Clubhouse Place to chat about whatever's on your mind - doesn't have to be car related. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION ALLOWED.

Evansville West Side Car Show 7-31-22

Search this Thread

Old July 31st, 2022, 08:30 PM

Evansville West Side Car Show 7-31-22

I've still got the wipers half up on the H/O and am about elbow deep in the front end of my Monte Carlo, so the Ford Club Wagon and I went to a car show. First event was leaving the big pole barn I rent a spot in for it; a man came up and asked to park his tank truck on the access road, and they'd be flying a chopper to spray the corn. I mentioned I was not the owner, nor the prime renter, only a sub renter, but I gave him my landlord's number and went to getting ready to leave. Taking a leak out back, I hear a helicopter in the distance, and by the time I put two and two together and zipped up when done, the chopper had arrived and landed ON the truck. Figured it was worth a pic. I drove out between passes.

About 85 cars at the show total, maybe 70 when I was there. All sorts of cars. This was a fundraiser for Riley's Children's Hospital. Some I had seen before at Cars and Coffee, but it was an older crowd here, sort of back to the judging, trophies, and old guys sort of show.

Left after a few hours; I spent the time hanging out with my bud. Drove north to go get an ice cream cone at my friend's stand. Was doing some backroads, and these two kids on bikes were in the oncoming lane and each swerved at me to try to scare me. I should have swerved AT the second kid. Between my normally late reaction times, the wide steering and dead spots on that van, and the fact that neither it nor I would've cared or even stopped if one of those heathens had caromed off the fender, I just kept on in a straight line.

Ice cream cone was good, and some guy wanted to buy the van, but his wife didn't even want me to reply if it was for sale. I said "I have a vision telling me to say no. A blonde vision, 2 feet behind you" and left it at that.

Last edited by Koda; July 31st, 2022 at 08:42 PM.
Old July 31st, 2022, 08:32 PM

Old July 31st, 2022, 08:44 PM

Some interesting vehicles. Thanks for sharing.
Old July 31st, 2022, 08:46 PM

Thanks !!
That 65 GTO is Sweeeet, and the VW /sedan delivery conversion is very interesting !!!!
Old July 31st, 2022, 09:10 PM

That goat won best in show, and deservedly so.
Old July 31st, 2022, 09:45 PM
Banned

I agree. That 65 GTO is badass. Beautiful car.
Is that yellow car a Neon? One hell of a motley crue around that car. Looks like they have a good time. Plenty of cool cars there. I love diverse car gatherings. Thanks for posting the pictures.

I didn't know you have a Monte. What do you have?
Old August 1st, 2022, 01:21 AM
H/o

I agree on the 65 GTO and the sign with the details it beautifully.

Thanks for sharing.
Old August 1st, 2022, 06:18 AM

John - Nice pics! Thanks for sharing. Noticed we both got a pic at our last event of pretty nice Grand Nationals, don't see too many nice ones that haven't been run into the ground.