The Clubhouse Place to chat about whatever's on your mind - doesn't have to be car related. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION ALLOWED.

Maiden voyage car show

Search this Thread

Old September 7th, 2014, 09:33 PM

Maiden voyage car show

Took Mistress on her maiden voyage after the repair on the burnt harness. This was to a small car show in Rancho Tehama Ca first time for me or the car here.You know the show this is one of those shows that are put on by the locals for a benefit and the whole town shows up, all 150 of them, diapered babies to the 70 year old grandmas in halter tops . Kinda what I remember my town was like when I was growing up everyone knows everyone and most pitched in to help or criticise. I actually had one hell of a good time, talked to everyone all day long, got a good sunburn plus the car was accepted very well and took best of class, most stock car.There is something to be said about the small town atmosphere I'll go back next year for sure....Tedd
Old September 7th, 2014, 09:56 PM

Congrats Tedd. That's a great looking 55. I like the small town shows better too and you do meet the nicest people.
Jerry
Old September 8th, 2014, 06:19 AM
Administrator

I prefer the small town events over the national shows. I would rather see home built cars that were derived from the hard work and creativeness of the owners vs the big $$$$ trailer queens of people who have no clue to what went into the car other than the dent in their wallet and quoting a build sheet.

Trophies and plaques are optional.
Old September 8th, 2014, 08:51 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Nice to hear she's out and about again! So you won't have to take the newer car on the road trip.
Old September 8th, 2014, 02:59 PM

Originally Posted by Allan R
Nice to hear she's out and about again! So you won't have to take the newer car on the road trip.
Not this time Allan she will be staying home. I'm running it with a leaky vacuum advance (on order from Fusick's) and it diesels for 15 to 20 seconds on shutoff, plus I would like the new generator to have a few more miles on it before I leave this state. I'm using Willson generators(because thats what I can get) and I haven't had very much luck with them holding up so far....Tedd
Old September 8th, 2014, 03:24 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Ahh, Ted. Half the fun of a road trip is carrying spare parts and tools....have you thought about shrink wrapping or silicone the leaky vacuum advance till your replacement part arrives? Sometimes the easy solutions work if you know what I mean. Good luck with the road trip no matter how it turns out.