1964 Oldsmobile Cutlass

Search this Thread

Old September 28th, 2022, 05:37 AM

1964 Oldsmobile Cutlass

Hey Guys, I know that I've read threads like this before and there may not be a answer to this but in the hope that one of you might have a way of finding this information out - I trust you guys more so than any website or blog on the Internet.
My Dad bought our Cutlass for Mom in 64 it's been in the family it's entire life I've finally finished semi - restoration Mom's car was always in great shape garaged it's entire life & believe or not she never drove it in the snow, even if it was raining it stayed in one of my jobs growing up living at home was to wash it every 2 weeks and compound & wax once a year and 6 months later put another coat of wax after its wash (Simonize Wax - yellow can & Simonize Compound - orange type can)
I'd like to start showing it! Would like a history + invoices etc unfortunately they are lost or Dad didn't think they were important Whatever
I know he bought it in Yonkers NY or New Rochelle NY I'd like to know the dealership a starting point for a chronological History is this at all possible He'll wish there was a way the Oldsmobile Plant invoice or inspectors sheets etc any way possible? After all it's only 58 years old lolThanks for your help or adviseAlsmith787
Old September 28th, 2022, 07:06 AM
Rocket Renegade!

You can probably find out about the dealership using Google, but don't expect too much, even if they're still in business. I traced my car back to the original selling dealer and they were no help whatsoever. But since my Olds was first sold in Canada I was able to get a lot of information through Vintage Vehicle Services, who have access to datas for GM vehicles built or sold in Canada going back to the 1950s. Check your data plate for an Oshawa build or contact VVS to see if they have anything on it: https://www.vintagevehicleservices.com . You being so close to the border you might get lucky -- more than a few Canadian cars made it stateside.

In the meantime we'd love to see some pictures, especially if you have any from back in the day.
Old September 30th, 2022, 06:30 PM

I got a list of Oldsmobile dealers from someone 5-10 years ago but I cannot remember who or where it was from. Here are two entries you might be interested in. I am not trying to take credit for someone elses hard work, just trying to share information. Hope this helps.

Linehan Oldsmobile
25 E Main St
New Rochelle NY 02-???

Arnold Oldsmobile Co
420 South Broadway
Yonkers NY 02-???
Old September 30th, 2022, 08:55 PM

1964 Olds cutlass history

Thank you so very much for the infoalsmith787