64 Cutlass Wiper Pump Location

Search this Thread

Old April 14th, 2010, 07:13 AM

64 Cutlass Wiper Pump Location

Hi all,
Maybe I haven't had enough sleep lately...but I am stumped as to where the wiper fluid pump is supposed to be mounted. Next to the wiper motor...I have two spade terminals dangling...and no pump to attach them to (I cannot locate the pump anyway)...any ideas? There are no vacant holes in the fire wall. I am planning on buying a new pump...then the squirters, soap bottle, etc... does the pump mount on the front of the motor?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
Cutlass.jpg (100.9 KB, 13 views)
Old April 14th, 2010, 08:50 AM
Old(s) Fart

Originally Posted by 64Todd
Hi all,
Maybe I haven't had enough sleep lately...but I am stumped as to where the wiper fluid pump is supposed to be mounted. Next to the wiper motor...I have two spade terminals dangling...and no pump to attach them to (I cannot locate the pump anyway)...any ideas? There are no vacant holes in the fire wall. I am planning on buying a new pump...then the squirters, soap bottle, etc... does the pump mount on the front of the motor?
The pump mounts to the wiper motor, just like on the later cars. The washer was an option on these cars, so that's why there isn't one on this motor. The wiring was likely included in the harness, whether the option was included or not.
Old April 14th, 2010, 11:01 AM

Thank you

Hi Joe,
Thanks for the response. My car has the remnants of the washer jets...and a rack for the soap bottle...but never any evidence of a pump. Funny. I have a feeling that someone replaced the wiper motor at one point and self-deleted the washer pump.

Glad to know where the wiper pump belongs. I had a suspicion that the pump mounted to the motor. Thanks!