blower fan switch

Search this Thread

Old September 2nd, 2015, 04:14 PM

blower fan switch

i found out why my blower fan only had one speed the switch fell apart in my hand. off to pull and save. while i am there i will get the electric master switch, i guess that is what it is called. where you switch from off to ac and others there is a electric switch that supplies power to the blower fan switch. i found out what the three wires are for on this switch one brown goes to the fan the green center wire goes to the ac switch out by the fan and the other brown wire is power to the master switch now i just need to find the brown wire from the fuse box.
Old September 20th, 2015, 10:05 AM

got the ac controls hooked everything up and fixed the power lead coming in on the brown wire and the fan works on all speeds until i bolt everything back up then it is back to one speed i think i have another bad connection somewhere. a new switch is only 20 b ucks i might go that route.
Old December 2nd, 2021, 10:14 PM

Help needed! Replacing Blower Fan switch

Hello experts,

1970 Cutlass S

First, apologizes for the duplicate request but did not know how to edit the the Title on the original thread for additional help.

Need to replace my fan blower switch on the climate control panel. Does anyone have any ideas/tricks about replacing this from under/ over or sideways from the dash? Removing the whole dash just to replace this switch is out of my league. i hav emore tools than brains...

"Rocketraider" gave me help on suggesting to go through the clock gauge hole which helped. After two hours to even get the top hex head screw out of the blower switch mount, I have no idea how I am going to get the bottom screw out let alone put the new fan switch in... Sigh... 60's technology with 6'-2", 240 lbs hands in a hornets nest of cables...

Lord - find me the patience and expert to help...

Thank you "Rocket raider"!
d
Regards,
Bill