Hey all- lookin for some opinions/information!

Search this Thread

Old March 16th, 2009, 10:57 AM

Exclamation Hey all- lookin for some opinions/information!

Found this site a few days ago and I must say its awesome. I've recently had my eye on a 69 Cutlass. Now I know you don't have any pictures to look at, but I was wondering if there is anyone who know's alittle bit of background information that they can tell me about with the information i'm about to list.

The fellow mentioned
1969 Holiday Coupe
350 rocket, been restored and its a runner

Now from my knowledge its a Supreme because its a "Holiday Coupe" but correct me if i'm wrong.

I know that it is in fairly great condition because I had seen it a while back.
I apologize that i'm only givin you some ball park infromation but any comments or information would be much appreciated.

It was a bronzy brown/orange colour just to mention.

Respect
Old March 16th, 2009, 11:34 AM

Welcome

Welcome aboard

I too have a fond spot for 69

Post some 69 pics when ya can. The car of course. We wouldn't want to have to ban you after only one post.
Old March 16th, 2009, 11:37 AM
Old(s) Fart

Originally Posted by FiveSeven
Found this site a few days ago and I must say its awesome. I've recently had my eye on a 69 Cutlass. Now I know you don't have any pictures to look at, but I was wondering if there is anyone who know's alittle bit of background information that they can tell me about with the information i'm about to list.

The fellow mentioned
1969 Holiday Coupe
350 rocket, been restored and its a runner

Now from my knowledge its a Supreme because its a "Holiday Coupe" but correct me if i'm wrong.

I know that it is in fairly great condition because I had seen it a while back.
I apologize that i'm only givin you some ball park infromation but any comments or information would be much appreciated.

It was a bronzy brown/orange colour just to mention.

Respect
Holiday Coupe is just Olds-speak for a 2 dr hardtop. In 1969 you could get several different models with the Holiday Coupe body style. The VIN will determin if it's a Supreme or just a Cutlass. A 1969 Supreme Holiday Coupe will have a VIN that starts 342879xxxxxxx. Note that in 1969, the only real difference between the Supreme and the Cutlass was the trim, the upholstery pattern, and the standard equipment. The sheet metal, frame, and suspension were the same.
Old March 16th, 2009, 11:52 AM

Gotcha, yeah i'll get on top of posting some pictures, thanks for the welcome James and that is awesome information about the coupe, that will help clarify somethings, I had another question, do you know what came stock for transmissions and engine specs for 69, 350 rockets?
Old March 16th, 2009, 11:52 AM

thanks for the info on the coupe models joe*