I need some info.

Search this Thread

Old September 21st, 2009, 03:27 PM

I need some info.

Does anyone have a wiring diagram for a 72 cutlass supreme’s radio. If anyone has any info could you please help? Anything can help, thank you.
Old September 26th, 2009, 08:48 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Originally Posted by freebird72
Does anyone have a wiring diagram for a 72 cutlass supreme’s radio. If anyone has any info could you please help? Anything can help, thank you.
What exactly do you need? There's a whole manual on the radio and tape deck. Are you just looking for the leads for power and speaker hookup? Or do you have a defective radio and are trying to troubleshoot it?
Old September 27th, 2009, 08:08 AM

The only thing that my radio does is light up. So I guess I need everything someone could give.
Old September 27th, 2009, 08:33 AM
Old(s) Fart

The only thing that my radio does is light up. So I guess I need everything someone could give.
Unless your speaker wiring is completely hosed, and assuming you have a stock radio, the most likely problem is a bad output power transistor in the radio. These can be replaced.
Old September 27th, 2009, 09:13 AM
Registered

Do you mean a wiring schematic for the circuitry inside the radio or the speaker/power hook up? I guess you got power.

There should be the two wires from the front speaker going in next to or on the right of the power lead looking at it, which is usually all the way to the left or on the drivers side. If it has a rear speaker there should be a single lead wire with a female plug coming out of the passenger's side, the other rear speaker terminal is grounded to the body.
If the light comes on it may just be the speaker or connection hopefully. Have to make sure the speaker is good first somehow, I didn't and had a good working radio repaired for no reason.
Sometimes the wiring schematic deal with the hieroglyphic symbols for the radio circuit stuff is glued to the inside or outside of the case or folded up and tucked away inside.
Old October 5th, 2009, 07:06 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Update

Did you ever find out what the problem was? I can scan the repair guide if you need it.