New guy

Search this Thread

Old May 24th, 2006, 06:03 PM

New guy

Hey guys, I just registered a bit ago. Looks like a good site that has alot of potential! I've got a '77 Cutlass S with the 350R. It's mechanically in very good shape, however most of the body panels are pretty much shot, or else would need alot of work. I've got a '76 parts car also. Don't really have any pics handy, not that you'd want to see them anyway
Old May 25th, 2006, 12:53 PM
Past Administrator

The '77 Cutlass S is a very sharp car! I have owned one for six years now, although I only possesed it for two months. Then it was stolen and never recovered! Long story . Anyway, it was silver with red leather interior, super stock wheels, A/C, power seats, 350/350 combo. Very nice car, very nice driver, I am the second owner. I really like the waterfall grill treatment on that model. Anyway, post some pics, I would be interested in them, so you can use the '76 for body panel parts too? That would be great.
Old May 25th, 2006, 04:53 PM

Hey Oldsguy, finally good to see that someone's alive on here. That sucks about your 77 getting stolen Yes they are such a great car and so hard to come by. If you lose it you're gonna have to scour the whole country to find another. To be honest I think I've only seen one other 77, and that must have been 7 or 8 years ago. Seen a few 76's though.

And yes, as far as I know most of the panels will transfer right over. Not completely sure, I haven't checked it out too closely but they all look right except for the panel that goes between the trunk and the rear window. It's rounded on the 77 and kind of pointed on the 76, as I'm sure you know.

Hopefully your car will turn up once they're worth more lol.
Old May 26th, 2006, 05:18 AM
Past Administrator

Yeah, I was hoping that. Like the story of that guy's corvette showing up after some twenty or thirty years. Who knows?????