Search this Thread

Old August 14th, 2006, 03:43 PM

Cool New member

Great site - glad to be aboard! A little background on me, I had a 68 Goat when I was a teenager and now that I hit 50, Wham! I got this urge to feel that – whatever it is that you feel when you drive a car like this! I looked for another goat and then saw this 70 Cutlass Supreme Convertible in pretty good shape so I bought it. I was never really into what engine, trans or all the other specs a car had, I just bought cars I liked, (until marriage and kids, ever hear of a Caravan!) Now after looking at this and other sites I have some questions.
So here goes: ID# is 342670E186628, I have build sheet, is there a site that will interpret it.
1) Matching #s - how do I know if my car has them? (sheet ref *L74 350 ENG 4BBL - M38 TRAN-AUTO)
2) Car was originally blue - was repainted black (seems to be decent job - all metal painted, doors jams, trunk and hood undersides, I can't find any blue paint) - if I ever want to sell it will that hurt the value.
3) Is there a local club on LI, NY?
Thanks for any feedback would be greatly appreciated, Rich
Old August 15th, 2006, 05:51 AM
Getting There

HI Rich there are a few websites around that can decode your vin for you some guys on the realoldspower website should be able to help you with it
Old August 16th, 2006, 05:14 AM
Past Administrator

Rich, I think there may be a website for Oldsmobile Clubs of America aka OCA. You might check that out for any local participation in your area. They would be a useful source of help and encouragement. I don't think having the car painted a different color would adversely affect resale unless the car was otherwise all original and advertised that way or it was a really ugly color. You want it for fun right? If you don't plan to compete at the highest level of car shows than the black color probably doesn't hurt it.