The Restoration Blues...............

Search this Thread

Old March 7th, 2007, 06:13 AM
Getting There

The Restoration Blues...............

I don`t know about any of you but my car ...or I should say my lack of time to put into my car is driving me nuts. I just have not had any time lately to do anything on it so there it sits in my shop. Kind of depressing opening the garage and seeing it sit there.....Everytime time I plan on getting down there on a weekend something pops up. The parts keep piling up for it. I might need some time to put an addition onto my shed ....= even less time spent on the car.. anyway I`m done my ranting for the day lol
Old March 7th, 2007, 11:06 AM
Tom Servo's Stunt Double

Ranzan,

Not to be Clintonesque, but "I feel your pain". I've had my car down for paint since December 2005.

The biggest problem I've noticed is that the less I can get to it....the less I can get to it!

C.J.
Old March 7th, 2007, 11:21 AM
Past Administrator

You have room in your garage??????????
Old March 7th, 2007, 04:35 PM
Getting There

I wish Dan thats why I need an addition on the shed for all the parts
Old March 7th, 2007, 05:28 PM

hey man i under stand totaly my 68 has been survived a devorce a no money, three kids under the age of 8 now we are trying to buy a bigger house while working 10 and a half hours a day and six days a week. thecool thing is that i now when my kids get a little older it will be a learning tool for them and i don't owe a dime on it it isn't costing me a thing to sit so i now it will be there waiting for me when i get the extra time. and i to have parts in my garage and my dads garage. so i now its hard some tims but there are memories and time to come. so hang in there budy we all have been there one way or another
Old March 7th, 2007, 08:03 PM

i feel you man mine just sits in the garage as well o how i wish it was a time issue for me and not the money issue it is.
Old March 8th, 2007, 05:43 AM

At least you have yours in the garage. I built a new detatched shop last summer, but I have my 65 442 sitting behind it under a car cover. I'm working on a 67 RS Camaro first and gathering parts for the 442. And I don't have enough time for either. The two car shop is already to small.

Good Luck Your Project,
Wayne
Old March 18th, 2007, 06:31 PM

haha, yeah that sounds about right. a two car shop needs to be able to hold at least 4 cars.lol.
I have a over sized 3 car garage out back and a two car on the house, the garage out back has a 1970 cougar, and a 1971 duster in it, and alot of junk in the third bay. a 66 mustang sits out back behind it. the two car on the house holds the wifes xterra and another bay of junk.. and where is the olds you may ask? The 64 olds is at my buddys house stuck in his garage while we rebuild it. Im not sure exactly where its gonna go when i bring it home, but the plans are to sell the cougar to make the room.

For you guys getting the blues, hang in there!.You are doing something wonderful restoring a old car that you will put much love and time into, for those of you with small kids ..get them involved. let them do some work( where it might not been seen.lol), they will be happy to be doing something with dad.

For you guys needing a few xtra bucks, if you have a little time and a little money i would suggest you do what i do. there are plenty of cars you can buy for very little money and turn over for a couple hundred more to a couple thousand more, just depends on the car, what you paid for it and the interest of the person wanting to buy it. I rarely ever touch our bank account for the cars, most of my money for the cars comes from buying and selling cars. I wish you guys the best of luck. and Please Keep our classics alive. Dave
Old March 18th, 2007, 08:50 PM

Hey guys i just made this up, I hope you like it and i hope it helps you guys to get motivated in restoring yours.I cant fingure how to post it directly in here so follow the link.

http://www72.rockyou.com/show_my_gal...nceid=60478076
Old March 19th, 2007, 06:18 AM
Getting There

great slide show Drop your car looks great. I really want to have mine done by next summer now
Old March 19th, 2007, 10:10 AM
Past Administrator

I like your car. Good work on the floorpan, it is nice to have a freind to help out. That powder coating sets off the engine bay nicely, are you using a rigid tube for the heater core supply? Is that aluminum tubing? I like the centerlines on the car and the wheel sizes. Good slide show.
Old March 19th, 2007, 02:22 PM

Boy, can I relate to your problem. I have sooo many cars/projects. My "hobby" got carried away. Plus now my company is trying to work my to death, I could work 16 hours a day, 7 days a week if I want. I have lost some of my drive also since I broke my ankle. It came back good though. I have 3 buildings full of Olds. I was planning on building one more this spring but I changed my plans, at 56 I am getting a little too old to be climbing. Later, Ken
Old March 19th, 2007, 02:27 PM
Past Administrator

Ken, you mentioned climbing, my little brother-in-law (Actually bigger than me but younger) is approaching 50 years old now. He owns a tower construction company and is I guess what you call an iron worker/tower climber. He broke his foot two years ago when some iron fell on it. He needs to quite climbing but is a do it himself type of guy, especially since he owns the company and his wife just cheated on him after stealing have his profits. So he is getting divorced now and works even harder. Us guys, throw ourselves into our work......