YOUR FAVORITE CUTLASS AND WHY?

Search this Thread

Old November 28th, 2015, 02:47 PM

Favorite Cutlass

My favorite was the 1977 Cutlass. It was the first new car I bought and since I liked Hurst Olds, I tried to mimic what I thought the 77 Prototype looked like. It was great personal luxury car in the personal luxury era. Sorry I ever got rid of that car
Attached Images
Old November 30th, 2015, 07:55 PM

1972 Oldsmobile cutlass supreme Sedan

Hey everyone, I know that this car is pretty much frowned upon being that it is the sedan, I cant say what the exact model it is but I know that it is a supreme I think the town car or the other one the one that has the pillar between the doors. but this car means a lot to me my gramps gave it to me spontaneously after many many years after I thought It was sold. but he gave it to me. I right away primered it to paint it but couldn't finish it. it runs and is very quiet, still has power being that everything is stock. but I do got a question, I would like to swap the engine and trany to a fuel injected motor, but idk tell me what should I do?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
00s0s_5nVIezYiaKm_600x450.jpg (33.1 KB, 16 views)
Old December 1st, 2015, 03:09 AM
Lansing built

Originally Posted by Pete15453
Hey everyone, I know that this car is pretty much frowned upon being that it is the sedan, I cant say what the exact model it is but I know that it is a supreme I think the town car or the other one the one that has the pillar between the doors. but this car means a lot to me my gramps gave it to me spontaneously after many many years after I thought It was sold. but he gave it to me. I right away primered it to paint it but couldn't finish it. it runs and is very quiet, still has power being that everything is stock. but I do got a question, I would like to swap the engine and trany to a fuel injected motor, but idk tell me what should I do?
Welcome Pete,
You have a town sedan cutlass. You were kinda of barking up the right tree with the pillar statement! Supremes were pillar less or holiday style.

It's your car, do with what you will! I am O.E. kinda of guy. But being a more door it would be hard to hurt the value with a LS1 swap IMO.

There a few threads on doing LS1 swaps. If memory serves that everything from the cowl forward, coupes/sedans are the same but the wheel base is 4" longer on the sedans.

Pat
Old January 2nd, 2016, 09:51 AM
Smash

Originally Posted by Olds luvr
For me It would be the 70..442 convertible. Performance and styling and with the top down what more can you ask for. Second would be the 69 H/O...
I like the resale value on these 70s they keep going up.
Old February 3rd, 2016, 06:01 PM

My first Cutlass was a 69 convertible some 28 years ago. To me the dash set up is the nicest set up of all the Cutlasses, but then I picked up a 71 convertible and put the 69 in a garage to do much needed repairs which unfortunately never happened. That car went the way of the scrap yard. Still haunts me. I drove the 71 as a daily driver and loved the lines on the body and the aluminum grills. With a W-25 hood that car was hot. To the misfortune of that car it was wrecked. Car made a left in front of me in an intersection while i was going about 35. Anyone that knows these cars knows the nose was never a strong point. About 25 years ago I bought a 71 convertible 442 and took it apart. Motor had bad rings. That project has moved forward stalled and moved forward again and again throughout the years. Currently its in the move forward stage. Recently, about 3 months ago I purchased a 71 Viking Blue Convertible that needs some work. This car was bought in haste as a driver. I know no one else has ever done that before, but I had to cure the bug.
So body style I'd have to say the 71 conv't with the aluminum grills. But if I had a disposable income I'd pick up a 69 Hurst.
Old February 3rd, 2016, 06:07 PM

My first Cutlass was a 69 convertible some 28 years ago. To me the dash set up is the nicest set up of all the Cutlasses, but then I picked up a 71 convertible and put the 69 in a garage to do much needed repairs which unfortunately never happened. That car went the way of the scrap yard. Still haunts me. I drove the 71 as a daily driver and loved the lines on the body and the aluminum grills. With a W-25 hood that car was hot. To the misfortune of that car it was wrecked. Car made a left in front of me in an intersection while i was going about 35. Anyone that knows these cars knows the nose was never a strong point. About 25 years ago I bought a 71 convertible and took it apart. Motor had bad rings. That project has moved forward stalled and moved forward again and again throughout the years. Currently its in the move forward stage. Recently, about 3 months ago I purchased a 71 Viking Blue Convertible that needs some work. This car was bought in haste as a driver. I know no one else has ever done that before, but I had to cure the bug.
So body style I'd have to say the 71 conv't with the aluminum grills. But if I had a disposable income I'd pick up a 69 Hurst.
Old February 3rd, 2016, 07:34 PM

My favorite Cutlass was my first Cutlass

Purchased at A D Palunis Oldsmobile in Lakewood, Ohio and delivered inApril 1966.
Cutlass Convert, Lucerne Mist, Light Blue top (D-4) and light blue vinyl interior w Strato Bucket seats, 4 speed with Console. Limited slip diff, dual exhaust and AM radio. What a beauty. I am currently in search of a replacement. Snap shot as delivered April 66.

Second Cutlass was a family car 1970 Gold on black vinyl. Nice car.

Thanks
Wayne
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
1966 cutlass convert 2.jpg (50.9 KB, 17 views)
Old February 3rd, 2016, 07:45 PM
Rocket Renegade!

I like the '66-7 2-door posts and hardtops. Love that tunnel-back buttress roofline. Probably the '67 best of all because you could get disc brakes -- mind you, you had to give up the possibility of multiple carburetion (on the 4-4-2) so maybe it's a sawoff.
Old February 4th, 2016, 06:54 AM
Olds Wagonmaster

MY favorite Cutlass it the 72 Vista Cruiser. For obvious reasons.

But for real, I love the 72 Cutlass above all others. I like the split grill, even on base models. The 442 grilles look REALLY GOOD, recessed like that. The curves on a 71-72 are just the right slopes and angle. Much more defined than a 69-70. I don't care for the smaller split grilles of a 69-70. And I prefer the 72 over the 71 because the headlight bezels are black.

I also like the 72 hardtops over the convertibles because of the rear curves of the hardtops. Convertibles are nice, but the fenders are a little flatter.

But in my opinion, ANY Cutlass beats a Nova or a Chevelle, as far as looks, that's for sure.

Buz
Old February 4th, 2016, 09:03 PM

67 Cutlass Supreme. God i love the looks, much more than any other.
Perfect rear, perfect side profile, and the front.. aahh....