67 delmont 88

Search this Thread

Old June 29th, 2009, 08:40 PM
67 heavy metal

67 delmont 88

Hello to all I singed up for the insight,info,and help.I have a 1967 oldsmobile delmont 88 4 door sedan with a 330 v8 and a th350 trans. I had it painted in oct 07 the color is fantom blue and the interior is blue as well .I have cragar 15 s 50 spoke wire wheels.The car is mostly stock just added some chrome valve covers.breather and a few other things

Last edited by delmontcrusier; July 6th, 2009 at 03:08 PM.
Old June 29th, 2009, 08:50 PM

Welcome to the site! We'd love to see pictures of your car if you have the time to post them. Another full sized saved from the crusher and fixed up! John
Old June 29th, 2009, 09:15 PM
67 heavy metal

67 olds

I thank you for the welcome. I am still figuring out the site I wanted to add a avitar or picture but it says my permissions are not up yet or somthing.I have a few pictures not shure how to share them.I have fun with this car but she needs a frame off alot of bad spots had to rebuild the trunk has bondo quite a bit but it is a project arn't they all.The biggest problem I have is parts I have several I need and can't seem to find
Old June 29th, 2009, 10:38 PM
67 heavy metal

A little slow at figuring it out but here are a few pictures
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
0806081850 side.jpg (133.8 KB, 194 views)
67 front.jpg (63.3 KB, 106 views)
engine origional.jpg (47.0 KB, 125 views)
100_0134.jpg (87.6 KB, 121 views)

Last edited by delmontcrusier; June 29th, 2009 at 10:40 PM. Reason: typo
Old June 30th, 2009, 04:19 AM
Past Administrator

Welcome to CO. We'll see what we can do for you on that avatar.
Old June 30th, 2009, 07:24 AM

Great looking 4dr, I really like the wire wheels, where did you find them? I thought Crager stopped making them.
Old June 30th, 2009, 10:32 AM
67 heavy metal

cragars

they did stop making them but the guy I bought the car from worked with me and another guy we worked with had the cragars he had them on a mercury or cadi somthing like that and put them in a shed for a year then the guy I bought the car from got them put them on the car and I like the way they look so I purchased the car with them plus he gave me the steel wheels that were on there when he got the car.The one other thing that I didn't mention in my intro is before I got the car the guy I bought it from had to have the trans rebuilt he told me when he got it home it had no reverse.The nice thing now is it has overdrive better on gas.On one last note truspoke makes rims almost idenical to these but they are not ajustable or have elongated bolt holes they are to spec not universal
Old July 6th, 2009, 03:17 PM
67 heavy metal

I was looking at my info and realized I had no interior pics nor had I said what the interior color was,the car was white with the blue interior origionaly.the pics are the day I was taking the car to have it professionaly painted we did the doorjambs, trunk and engine compartment including the underside of the hood
Attached Images
100_0135.jpg (72.5 KB, 70 views)
100_0136.jpg (65.1 KB, 86 views)
100_0139.jpg (68.5 KB, 77 views)
100_0140.jpg (73.0 KB, 83 views)

Last edited by delmontcrusier; July 6th, 2009 at 05:11 PM.
Old July 7th, 2009, 05:49 AM

Very AWSOME!

I like the wheels. I looked up the Truspoke wheels. Man are they pricey!
Old October 16th, 2009, 04:32 PM
67 heavy metal

well I was taking pictures for another reason of my interior and I figured why not add them to my cars info and maby later in my photo gallery so here they are though they will be in two posts and I am going to try a trick seen on here as well.
Attached Images
100_0749.jpg (47.1 KB, 52 views)
100_0750.jpg (91.1 KB, 41 views)
100_0751.jpg (51.5 KB, 30 views)
100_0752.jpg (48.6 KB, 34 views)
100_0753.jpg (49.8 KB, 34 views)
Old October 16th, 2009, 04:52 PM
67 heavy metal

continued

The first pic I am not as proud of as you can see the left over mess still on the car from when I got it painted they didn't get off all the rubbing compound so that is the white crud on the door casing havn't figured out how best to get it off yet,the stuff doesn't wash off

not related to the above info but just for kicks I thought I would be odd and funny by noticing 330 posts as of ruffly 10:30 nov 8th 09 the reason it is of interest is my blue olds engine is a 330 v8.I may do somthing odd like this when I get to 455 posts.Ehh I'm different.
Attached Images
100_0754.jpg (64.9 KB, 49 views)
100_0755.jpg (64.8 KB, 42 views)
100_0756.jpg (80.3 KB, 38 views)

Last edited by delmontcrusier; November 8th, 2009 at 07:36 PM. Reason: Because I'm strange
Old January 2nd, 2010, 06:13 PM

I have a twin to this car. But it has a 425 in it. Thinkin about getting rid of it though. Its in pretty nice shape and runs great but i have too many other hobbies going on. Need another one? haha
Old January 2nd, 2010, 07:57 PM
67 heavy metal

Originally Posted by 11BGixx
I have a twin to this car. But it has a 425 in it. Thinkin about getting rid of it though. Its in pretty nice shape and runs great but i have too many other hobbies going on. Need another one? haha
looks like I have the honor of your first post.Welcome to the site I seem to have started with one and ended up with three.I have the blue one and a white one that is a project car it had a 425 and th400 trans.I have a 455 engine and th400 trans out of 69 olds 98 that I am going to put in it.I also have a two dr convertable delmont i origionally bought for parts and now I am considering rat rodding it.The convert also had a 425 but the guy I bought it from removed the enginge for his cousins olds.I belive it was a cutlass that they were dropping it into.When you get a chance to post pictures I would like to see a few of yours.
Old February 23rd, 2010, 10:58 PM
67 heavy metal

update

I have gotten some missing and important parts for this car and in the spring when I get working on it there will be new pictures,some of the parts look better than whats on the car now and I may swap them out.For all of us northern rust belt cold weather dealen with people I think it is safe to say spring can't come soon enough.But i do enjoy my recently accuired and now fixed snowmobile for now
Old February 24th, 2010, 10:11 AM

Hi Delmont Cruiser: I have a 1967 Delta 88 Custom Holiday Coupe. I noticed that your car has a right side passenger mirror. Mine doesn't have a right side mirror and from what I have read, there were not any right side mirrors available for 1967 Delta 88's. Also the left side mirror is not symetrical.
What can you tell me about your mirrors? Do they match? Are the mirrors original? Do you have a close-up of picture of them, Etc, Etc?
Thanks for your time!
Jaybird
Old February 24th, 2010, 10:44 AM
67 heavy metal

thats funny you should notice that.I decided after I had the car for a year and had trouble backing the car next to a barn with out being almost british(having to get on the passenger side of car to see how close)to avoid possable damage from getting too tight to the barn I was parking it next to. I purchased another mirror and I made the bracket copying the one that was on the car.The mirror was another driver side one so I had to improvise alittle to make it work.I had to move it back a little or I couldn't see out of it or it was hitting the passenger vent window.I am happy with the results at least i can see how close I am now.I have to admit you are one of a few people that have noticed that.
Old February 24th, 2010, 11:20 AM
Lt. Buzzkill (ret.)

Originally Posted by Jaybird
...Mine doesn't have a right side mirror and from what I have read, there were not any right side mirrors available for 1967 Delta 88's. Also the left side mirror is not symetrical.
The RH mirror was not offered factory installed in '67. They were sold as an accessory through the parts department and commonly dealer-installed. It came as a kit with the mounting hardware and multiple templates for placement of the bracket on the various models and body styles. The mirror itself is identical to the LH mirror except for the base. You can see when looking at the base of a '67 mirror, the part that contacts the door is angled. The angles are reversed between the L & R mirrors.

As delmontcruiser said, you can actually use a LH mirror on the right side. The angle will be a little different, but most folks wouldn't notice except maybe when looking at the car head-on.

The RH mirrors show up on eBay rarely and usually go for big money. It is kind of surprising that no one has reproduced them yet. Seems like the demand is there.
Old February 28th, 2010, 12:19 AM

Hey... copper128: That's some great info.
Thanks for the reply!
I'm thinking about carefully grinding down the edge of the left hand mirror to make it lean out to the right more and bolting it on to my car.
If I could find a right hand mirror, I might consider purchasing it.
I am also considering replacing the left hand mirror and obtaining two mirrors that would compliment my car.
Old February 28th, 2010, 07:56 AM

Fusicks makes a LH and RH mirror for the 68 model year 88 and 98. But nothing for 67!! If you wanted a matching pair and didnt care that they were for a 68, Fusicks has them for sale.
Old October 17th, 2010, 09:54 PM
67 heavy metal

Time for a update

I noticed it has been awile since I made a update on my cars status.I am in the process of making youtube videos of my car and thought I would share them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=91Ri0MiKPq8

A little startup and rev action http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h4OI0nnXhSI

A running exterior tour http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qjNNQGscaOo

I hope you get a kick out of these vids
Old October 17th, 2010, 11:57 PM

nice,

the comment to
Old October 18th, 2010, 10:07 AM
67 heavy metal

Originally Posted by D Appeldorn
nice,

the comment to

Thanks and the comments just fit
Old May 7th, 2011, 06:49 PM
67 heavy metal

I was looking through my old info and thought I would share a update.I made a video of my car running and of the exterior lighting. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ez3VXk9NqdQ
Old April 28th, 2012, 11:58 AM
67 heavy metal

Here is a small update on my car.Last year I got tired of tinkering with my points and could not seem to get the ajustment just rite.I would get it to run good for maby two times out and it would mess up on me again.So I got tired of the points and bought the petronics electronic spark kit.The only thing you notice is a red wire.

I have also flushed the cooling system and installed a mechanical temp gage.I thought the car was overheating so I installed a mr gasket lower temp thermostat.I guess you could call it general maintenance.Though I was told olds like to run at 180 or higher from a friend that is a olds guy.He used to build race and have a olds shop.
Old April 29th, 2012, 01:38 AM

type off thermostat is where you live, hot or cold states.
it just opens sooner at lower heat.
ideal for warmer climate, more time less stress

but could also overhead, the radiator and fan schould be looked at.

sec electric fan, larger fan or bigger radiator are the key for lower engine temps
Old April 30th, 2012, 12:01 AM
67 heavy metal

Originally Posted by D Appeldorn
type off thermostat is where you live, hot or cold states.
it just opens sooner at lower heat.
ideal for warmer climate, more time less stress

but could also overhead, the radiator and fan schould be looked at.

sec electric fan, larger fan or bigger radiator are the key for lower engine temps
Luckily for me Flushing the coolant system and installing the lower temp thermostat seem to have worked fine.I put in the mechanical temp gage and she stays around 160 and that is the temp the thermostat is designed to open.I have been told to look into or get a fan with a clutch.I have one that may work.But the origional fan seems to work ok.I have considered the second fan and I could easily install a electric fan that would not be that noticeable.I would most lily hook it up to a flip switch unless I got a good deal that included the temp switch.
Old April 30th, 2012, 05:57 PM

Welcome to the site.

Nice car BTW
Old April 30th, 2012, 08:25 PM

Nice looking ride, welcome!
Old April 30th, 2012, 10:35 PM
Randy C.

Could you take a picture of the dash on your Delmont 88 and post it here? I'd like to see what the three openings in front of the steering wheel look like!

Thank you.

Randy C.
Old May 1st, 2012, 09:31 AM
67 heavy metal

Originally Posted by Redog
Welcome to the site.

Nice car BTW
Thank you and I just update this old tread from time to time been a member since 2009

Originally Posted by oldsrocket88
Nice looking ride, welcome!
Thanks it is a fun car and has been a interesting project.Finding parts for it was not as easy as if it was a more popular car but when I joined CO in 2009 it has helped alot.

Originally Posted by rcorrigan5
Could you take a picture of the dash on your Delmont 88 and post it here? I'd like to see what the three openings in front of the steering wheel look like!

Thank you.

Randy C.
I can do you one better I have video and will see if I have a picture.But my car came with clock delete and I have since custom built my own clock and installed it.That is the only part not origional in the dash.I tell you this incase you are using it to go by your own dash.One other thing is the guy I bought it from installed a modern cd radio and cut and modified the radio slot.
Old May 1st, 2012, 09:46 AM
67 heavy metal

Here are a few of the videos of my car that show the dash

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C_MnT0yxmNo

if you don't mind my gibba jabbering this one shows the dash and I mention the one gage in the dash quite a bit.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fKKavcJotJY
Attached Images
olds apprais 3.jpg (57.0 KB, 35 views)
olds apprais 4.jpg (55.9 KB, 39 views)
Old May 1st, 2012, 06:26 PM
Randy C.

Thanks for the videos. They confirmed for me that I have a speedminder speedometer for a '67 Delmont 88. I had no idea what the dash in a '67 Delmont 88 looked like until I saw one of your previous pictures that indicated the piece I have might be from a car like yours. The video confirms it. Thanks again!

Randy C.
Old May 1st, 2012, 07:10 PM

Hey Guys is this a Delmont Dash? Brett

Last edited by Paladin31; February 10th, 2013 at 07:50 AM.
Old May 1st, 2012, 07:30 PM

Brett: That could very well be a Delmont dash. My '67 Custom Holiday Coupe basicly had zero opions. It only had two rocker switches on the left side of the steering column. Your looks like it could be from a Delmont convertable, or it could be from a '67 Olds 98, or a Delta 88. The dashboards were the same. The best way to tell besides the VIN is the glove box door logo.

Last edited by Jaybird; May 1st, 2012 at 07:32 PM.
Old May 1st, 2012, 07:39 PM

Tis is all I have, the switches IIRC are power top, power antenna, courtesy lights.. As it has a good radio area I thought it might have some value. Any idea what is a fair price I should ask?
Old May 1st, 2012, 07:56 PM
67 heavy metal

Originally Posted by rcorrigan5
Thanks for the videos. They confirmed for me that I have a speedminder speedometer for a '67 Delmont 88. I had no idea what the dash in a '67 Delmont 88 looked like until I saw one of your previous pictures that indicated the piece I have might be from a car like yours. The video confirms it. Thanks again!

Randy C.
Not a problem glad I could help

Originally Posted by Paladin31
Hey Guys is this a Delmont Dash? Brett
That is a ac equiped dash that could be from a delmont delta or 98 the dashes were similar or the same for 67 and 68 i belive.Look in decent shape and all together

Originally Posted by Jaybird
Brett: That could very well be a Delmont dash. My '67 Custom Holiday Coupe basicly had zero opions. It only had two rocker switches on the left side of the steering column. Your looks like it could be from a Delmont convertable, or it could be from a '67 Olds 98, or a Delta 88. The dashboards were the same. The best way to tell besides the VIN is the glove box door logo.
I bet back then it was nice to have general parts and not several compleatly different dashes.

Originally Posted by Paladin31
Tis is all I have, the switches IIRC are power top, power antenna, courtesy lights.. As it has a good radio area I thought it might have some value. Any idea what is a fair price I should ask?
Let me know what you decide and price I may be interested as one of my project cars is ac equiped and missing a few dash pieces.
Old May 1st, 2012, 08:34 PM
Big Daddy No Bucks

That 67 dash is out of a Delta or a Ninety Eight.

If it came out of a Delmont ... it would have the black trim instead of the woodgrain.

In 68' ... all (3) had the woodgrain.

Of course' 68 also had different ***** - ash tray assembly - no surround bezel on the a/c outlet next to the glove box & brushed aluminum glove box logo's with black letters/numerals with a more slanted lettering vs the satin black ones with the less slanted brushed letters/numerals that the 67's had.
Old May 1st, 2012, 08:51 PM
Lt. Buzzkill (ret.)

For what it's worth, the only difference between the black (67 Delmont) IP plate and the woodgrain is the vinyl woodgrain applique. If you peel off the vinyl, you'll see the leather grained metal underneath. They just masked and painted the textured part black for the 67 Delmonts. It probably cost less to stick the woodgrain on anyway.
Old May 2nd, 2012, 06:19 PM
67 heavy metal

Funny how they started with the same car and made different trim options.Then decided to drop the delmont in favor of the delta.I cant tell you how many time people ask me is that a canadian car since they are used to the delta name and not the delmont.Mine was the base model delmont with no fancy bells or wistles and 2brrl 330.Now you look at that dash and yes other than wood grain look it is the same as mine though my car was not ac equiped.My project 67 delmont was a 425 ac equipped car.Gm did some odd things over the years for instance I own a 83 chevy malibu wagon but they made a buick version and a olds version not sure if they also made a pontiac one as well.But to look at them from the rear it is the same car just some trim badging and maby the front clip is different.sadly I think that business practice is what hurt them.
Old May 16th, 2012, 07:11 PM

Mr Delmont & John-2Blu442, something happened to the access for pics, cuz I cannot PM any, therefore I had to use this format.Sorry for the delay. The clock clicks when power is applied, but the second hand doesnt move, I can open it up & clean & oil but wont unless asked. The power top switch is gone, but perhaps the antenna switch would work(with difff bezel of course).. PM me please. Thanks, Brett

Last edited by Paladin31; February 10th, 2013 at 07:50 AM.

Quick Reply: 67 delmont 88