75 Delta88 Royale Convertible

Search this Thread

Old January 18th, 2007, 11:32 AM

75 Delta88 Royale Convertible

I just purchased some 20 inch wheels for my car. I got them for a really good price, but the problem is they don't exactly fit. The rotors on the car are off about an half inch of the rim. I was told that I can get more holes drilled into the rim. My question is can I change the rotors on the car instead of drilling. Someone was telling me about something called spacers. They're supposed to fit on my rotors and link to the rims I purchased. Are they safe? Also, the front rotors has long noses on them, that prevents the rim from even touching the threads of the rotor. The rear rotors doesn't have the long nose. Can I change the front rotors so they look like the rear? I'm asking, my fellow Oldsmobilians, please give me some feedback.
Old January 18th, 2007, 01:13 PM

Which hole? The lug holes or the centerbore hole? I work for player wheel group. We open up center bores and insert wheels to different bolt circles quite often. What brand name wheel did you purchase?
Old January 18th, 2007, 01:13 PM
Past Administrator

Those wheels aren't right for your car, the center hole is too small and the lug pattern is wrong, take them back and get the right ones. Even then, you might find that the wheels rub the inner wheelwells, especially the front ones, when mounted as the backspacing might be wrong. No, you can't change the front hubs to look like the back ones, underneath that dust cover (nose) is a spindle and a nut, that is the way the car is built. Spacers won't help either.
Old January 19th, 2007, 01:23 AM

can someone tell me what I want to hear?

Do I have any options with these wheels other than getting rid of them? I really want these wheels on my car. So, is there any way possible that I can get these wheels on my Delta? Plus, I brought the wheels with a no refund policy, know what I mean? The wheels are BSA World Class Alloy Wheels.
Old January 19th, 2007, 04:10 AM

Take them to a machine shop and have the centerbores opened to fit.
Is the bolt pattern correct for the car? If not, they may also be able to insert them, if there's a cap over the lug holes, to the correct bolt pattern.
Old January 19th, 2007, 12:29 PM

Thanks for the info guys, it is really appreciated. What kind of machine shop does the work I need done?
Old January 19th, 2007, 12:32 PM

We have our own machine shop. I would think any shop that deals with the public and has a cnc machine can do it.
Also, try going to your local custom wheel dealer. They may be able to lead you in the right direction.
Old January 19th, 2007, 09:56 PM

Thanks for the info fellas, I'd be lost without you. Now all I have to do is find a machine shop in my area.

Thanks