Delmont 88 Interior

Search this Thread

Old January 29th, 2009, 05:59 PM

Delmont 88 Interior

Could you get a bucket seat and console combination for the 68 Delmont 88? from Oldsmobile as an option? I think I saw this in a 69 Delta Royal in a junk yard and thought it would be cool to have. Would any B body GM seats be able to be fitted in an Oldsmobile. I'm starting to redo my interior and would like to make a few changes and I've always loved having a console in between a set of buckets. My "Oldsmobile for 68" brochure shows a sport console but I think thats for the Cutlass.
Old January 30th, 2009, 01:30 PM

Delmont 88 interior

I just looked at some my specifications on 68's and the Delmont did not have that option everything else was an option, Delta's did in the coupes .But dont know why they would'nt fit its basicly the same car from the front to the rear . Try to find someone with a Delta that has console and compare the seats to a cutlass , I think they are different but not sure .

rocwal
Dan B
Old January 30th, 2009, 01:35 PM

delmont 88 interior

I just looked again and the only 68 Olds to come with bucket seat options were Toro, Delta Holiday coupe, and standard in the cutlass 442 , Holiday coupe ,and convertible .

rocwal
Dan B
Old January 30th, 2009, 06:49 PM

My Delmont is a holiday coupe. I've only seen a handful of Delmont's and they have mostly been 4 doors. I think finding a set of buckets out of a Delta is going to be hard if not impossible. I seen a 69 Delta with bucket seats and a console in a yard in Ohio. I'm sure they would fit the interior of my car. I'm going back in June, maybe I'll take a better look.
Old January 31st, 2009, 09:41 AM
Trying to remember member

Originally Posted by rocwal
I just looked at some my specifications on 68's and the Delmont did not have that option everything else was an option, Delta's did in the coupes .But dont know why they would'nt fit its basicly the same car from the front to the rear . Try to find someone with a Delta that has console and compare the seats to a cutlass , I think they are different but not sure .

rocwal
Dan B
Correct, no buckets for the Delmont. But more specifically for the Deltas, only the Delta 88 Custom (both Holiday Coupe and Holiday Sedan) had the bucket seat option. No buckets for the regular Delta 88 models.

I would think you'd be able bolt in buckets into a Delmont.
Old January 31st, 2009, 05:05 PM
Toro68

Exclamation

Back in 2002, in Lansing,MI at the Olds Nationals (105th year for Olds), i saw a black with red guts, 1967 Detla Custom (yes it had bucket seats and a console). At first I thoughit was a 1966 Starfire.

Back in June of 1988, my first car show (that I entered a car, my sovler 68 Toro), the car that won first place was a blue 1966 Starfire - and get this - it was a bench seat with a column shift.

Old January 31st, 2009, 05:08 PM
Toro68

Lightbulb

Bucket seats and a cnsole in any 19966-70 Toronado is super rare.
Even rarer than that, is a bucket seat with NO console 1ts generation Toronado.
The very first car I rode in, March of 1970, was an Ocean Mist 1968 Toronado, bucket seat with no console job.

Old February 1st, 2009, 08:38 AM
Trying to remember member

Originally Posted by Toro68
Bucket seats and a cnsole in any 19966-70 Toronado is super rare.
Even rarer than that, is a bucket seat with NO console 1ts generation Toronado.
The very first car I rode in, March of 1970, was an Ocean Mist 1968 Toronado, bucket seat with no console job.
Buckets weren't even an option in '66.
Old February 1st, 2009, 01:10 PM

Buckets/console in full sized

I had a rusty 1968 Delta Custom with buckets and console that I dismantled a few years ago. The bucket seats, console and shifter were the same as the ones used in the Cutlass/442. The seat rails were different and I think, but am not sure, that the shifter cable was longer. Also the seat covers have a different stitching pattern and buttons that the A-body didn't use. John
Old February 1st, 2009, 01:13 PM

FratRatMatt, I believe I still have the power windows and door panels from the Delta Custom. If you'd like to add that option send me your email and I'll try to come up with photos to send you. John
Old February 5th, 2009, 03:57 PM

2Blu442 thanks for the offer but power windows will have to wait for now, If you still had the buckets and console that would be a different issue. I bet they are going to be a hard item to come across.
Old February 5th, 2009, 04:08 PM

1967 was the first year for the Delta Custom which was in my opinion the 67 Sfire however it did come in a 4dr version and the Sfire engine was not standard. A lot of these cars came with buckets. As a matter of fact I have a set and the floor mounts from a 67 Custom. The shifter and console look identical to the 442 with a shift pattern of prndsl. I may be willing to part with the seats but you are a long way from NJ....check the jukyards for a 67 Delta Custom.
Old February 5th, 2009, 04:57 PM

I seen a set in Ohio I think it was a 69 Delta but I didn't think they would fit. But after reading everyone's post it sounds like I have a couple of different years to work with. my area junk yards think an 95 model is old so I have no luck here at home. Will be back in Ohio in June and will take a better look at that one. Oldsmaniac it's awful cold in NJ right now, wouldn't you like some warm Florida sunshine bout now?
Old February 5th, 2009, 06:06 PM

If Oldsmaniac will sell the seat adjustment rails I believe you can get bucket seats from any 1967 A-body car and they would be correct, 1968 are the same but have plastic seat backs and frames unlike the 1967 with metal ones. I've seen other GM full sized cars like the Impala with the same seats too. For the console any 1967-69 Cutlass/442 console would work. I'm not sure about the shifter cable, that may or may not be the same. I think you'll have a tough time finding a Delta Custom in a wrecking yard, so you may need to expand and look for other models that would interchange John
Old February 11th, 2009, 06:24 PM

Sorry but been away for a bit...I've been looking around at other B-Body GM and I think that any bucket from 68 is going to fit. That helps by widening my search. I seen an 67 Impala this week that had plastic backed buckets. That's what I'm shooting for. A console would be cool but would probably be too hard to convert. I could live with an column shift as long as I have buckets. Maybe buy a cup holder with bean bag sides and hang it over the transmission bump.
Old February 12th, 2009, 02:27 PM
"I reckon so!"

Originally Posted by FATRATMATT
My Delmont is a holiday coupe. I've only seen a handful of Delmont's and they have mostly been 4 doors. I think finding a set of buckets out of a Delta is going to be hard if not impossible. I seen a 69 Delta with bucket seats and a console in a yard in Ohio. I'm sure they would fit the interior of my car. I'm going back in June, maybe I'll take a better look.

I would not wait til June to go back and get the seats out of the delta if I were you. You will be lucky if they are still there. Options like that don't last more than a day or two around here.

Since your car is not original with the seats, the 69 seats would work just fine. So what if the release button is on the side or back!! Doesn't make any difference!!

Take a chisel and a small sledge hammer or a cordless saws all and get the inner seat track mounts off the floor to use in your car as well.