Pics Of My '67 Delta!

Search this Thread

Old August 18th, 2013, 05:12 PM
Registered Luser

Pics Of My '67 Delta!

I figured I'd finally post some pics....she is a work in progress, but making headway! Looking for a rear sway bar... I have a set of 15" rims from a '67 delta that had the disc brake option. I plan on blasting them, and painting them white to match the car. Then, wrap them in either redlines, whitewalls or blackwalls! I am leaning towards whitewalls for a couple reasons...1) I have a low mileage set already in stock, so they will keep cost to a minimum, and B) the whitewall on white rim on white car would look pretty sharp IMO! I just need to find a nice set of '66 Toro dog dishes to complete the look......I have also accumulated some NOS pieces that I will install when the time is right! I located a complete but non-functional power antenna that the car originally had, but was broken. It has been rebuilt, and will be going back on....I just need to locate the chrome "spacer" that sits on the black gasket on top of the qtr panel. The antenna came with one from a 98, but doesn't fit as these are model specific...so if anyone has one for a '67-'68 Delta they need to get rid of, let me know!
This car was a California car, and was delivered to Santa Cruz Oldsmobile. I did find a build sheet in the rear seat! It has remote mirror, power seat, power top, power steering and brakes as well as power windows and courtesy lights. She has the vacuum trunk release and tilt/tele wheel! A couple of neat options that it does have is the CCC Climatic Combustion Control and factory dual exhaust with the left side "S" manifold! Enough babble.......here are some pics!

Old August 18th, 2013, 05:17 PM
Registered Luser

More pics.....I took the wire hubcaps off because they were too noisy! The factory caps from my Vista live there now.....

Old August 18th, 2013, 05:20 PM
Registered Luser

Few more.....

Old August 18th, 2013, 05:27 PM
Big Daddy No Bucks

Sweet.

Interesting choice/combo of options being a non a/c car.
Old August 18th, 2013, 05:32 PM
Registered Luser

Originally Posted by ThePackRat
Sweet.

Interesting choice/combo of options being a non a/c car.
I agree....black interior on a vert with no A/C in CA..... I never owned a white car before, and wasn't real excited about the color combo, but it has grown on me!
Old August 18th, 2013, 05:58 PM

me like!
Old August 18th, 2013, 05:59 PM
Big Daddy No Bucks

Originally Posted by ent72olds
I never owned a white car before, and wasn't real excited about the color combo, but it has grown on me!
The black interior is the key ... red would also work IMHO.

MY very 1st experience with Olds was a 67 Delmont cpe my father bought when I was like 5/6 years old.

It was white with the ivory & brown interior ... not a whole lot of "pop" in that combo. He had the car re-done in a darker bronze type color which looked a lot better.

When the 67 was in the body shop getting its makeover ... my father bought a 68 Delmont Holiday sedan as a daily. That was dark blue w/a black interior & at the time I actually favored that car vs the 67 ... even tho the 67 was a beast (425) vs the 68 (350). And I contribute that feeling to the interior. Black interiors just look really great on those cars with the stainless trim in the dash. Felt much more love for the 67 once it was repainted ... even tho I still preferred the black interior of the 68.

Colors are very important I've learned over the years.

The obvious for most being what OTHERS would find appealing in regards to re-sale later. But you also have to happy with your choice as well. If you stray too far from what you really like it won't be a matter "if" you get bored later ... it will just be a question of "when".

I had a show quality 1992 Mark VII LSC. Bought it when it was 5 years old & pretty much still in the wrapper (448 miles). It was white w/a mocha interior ... a combination I would have never ever picked off a dealer's lot & certainly never would have ever ordered a car in that combo. But the car as a whole I just couldn't pass up. By the time @ 5 years had passed ... the color combo wasn't doing it for me anymore & I was ready to move on & that I did.

I don't think I could ever own another white/saddle tone car ever again.

White with black/blue/green/red maybe.

At any rate I think the white & black here works just fine.
Old August 18th, 2013, 06:18 PM

that's a real nice example

any chance you can bring it to homecoming one of these times?

Love that CCC- no other brand has that.

is it 2-bbl or 4-bbl?
Old August 18th, 2013, 06:19 PM

I like your '67 convertible. You have some nice options. My '67 Delta 88 Custom was assembled and sold in CA. It was a base 88 Custom, no A/C, no cruise control, no power brakes, no power windows.
You have a very nice ride.
Thanks for the pictures!
Old August 18th, 2013, 06:25 PM

Nice pictures Erik! I really like that air cleaner. I got one on a Toronado parts car years ago and have been thinking about adding it to a 1967 442 project car.

John
Old August 18th, 2013, 08:51 PM
Registered Luser

Originally Posted by 2blu442
Nice pictures Erik! I really like that air cleaner. I got one on a Toronado parts car years ago and have been thinking about adding it to a 1967 442 project car.

John
Thanks John!
Old August 18th, 2013, 08:55 PM
Registered Luser

Originally Posted by Jaybird
I like your '67 convertible. You have some nice options. My '67 Delta 88 Custom was assembled and sold in CA. It was a base 88 Custom, no A/C, no cruise control, no power brakes, no power windows.
You have a very nice ride.
Thanks for the pictures!
Thanks Jay....love your Custom! I always thought the console and buckets, along with the rear end bumper and lights would have been cool on a convertible!
Old August 18th, 2013, 08:57 PM
Registered Luser

Originally Posted by Octania
that's a real nice example

any chance you can bring it to homecoming one of these times?

Love that CCC- no other brand has that.

is it 2-bbl or 4-bbl?
Thanks! I would love to attend homecoming one of these years! Would be quite a long drive, but I think she could make it! It is a 2 bbl......
Old August 18th, 2013, 09:03 PM
Registered Luser

Originally Posted by ThePackRat
The black interior is the key ... red would also work ....
Yes, I do love the black interior. My Vista also has a mint all original black interior, as did my cutlass.....seems I can't get away from that color interior, but when it is clean, it always almost looks as good as new.....as far as a red interior, now that would really be sharp!
Old August 18th, 2013, 09:06 PM
Registered Luser

Originally Posted by Oldsmaniac
me like!
Thanks Joe!
Old August 19th, 2013, 07:20 AM

Erik
I love it.. so classy. and the vista caps look good on it too.
Old August 19th, 2013, 08:54 AM

WOW! Fine automobile! Enjoy!
Old August 19th, 2013, 01:39 PM
Registered Luser

Thanks Matt , thanks Mike! Matt, you need to come by the shop one of these weekend days so I can see your progress on the '69!
Old August 19th, 2013, 04:49 PM

Thanks Matt , thanks Mike! Matt, you need to come by the shop one of these weekend days so I can see your progress on the '69!

I'm afraid If I bring the 69 to the shop I will end up leaving it there for a frame off restoration... seriously though I do want to drive out one of these weekends.

Last edited by LI Olds; August 19th, 2013 at 04:52 PM.
Old August 19th, 2013, 05:56 PM
Registered Luser

Lol! Unfortunately , I haven't been there much either!
Old August 19th, 2013, 06:01 PM

Very nice car... I like how the dual exhaust look /placed, just right at the rear bumper.
Old August 19th, 2013, 06:09 PM
Registered Luser

Originally Posted by 65B01Delta
Very nice car... I like how the dual exhaust look /placed, just right at the rear bumper.
Thanks! Classic Exhaust makes a nice product. I replaced from the mufflers back, as the over axle pipes, resonators and tailpipes were full of holes! Amazing what a difference as far as fumes in the cabin not being there anymore....
Old August 19th, 2013, 06:23 PM

Really nice car Erik...she looks like a flawless cruiser! Enjoy
Old August 19th, 2013, 06:35 PM
Registered Luser

Originally Posted by TenMidgets
Really nice car Erik...she looks like a flawless cruiser! Enjoy
You need to stop by too Bill....bring your car!
Old August 19th, 2013, 06:43 PM

A really good looking car.
Old August 20th, 2013, 06:16 AM

You need to stop by too Bill....bring your car!
Yeah definitely....been a long time!
Old August 20th, 2013, 12:08 PM
Registered Luser

Originally Posted by 1969w3155
A really good looking car.
Thank you!
Old August 25th, 2013, 06:21 PM
Lt. Buzzkill (ret.)

...It is a 2 bbl......
First off Erik, that is a beautiful car, thank you for the pics.

Your reply to Octania raised my eyebrows a bit: There was no N10 option for 88's in '67, only the Starfire 375HP engine got factory duals, so the S manifold & duals were likely added some time in the past.
Or maybe someone swapped on a 2bbl intake & carb hoping to get better fuel economy. That seems less likely since the K50 CCC air cleaners were specific to the carb type, and it would probably be tough to find the right one.
No matter though. Putting duals on a big block Olds is always the way to go
Old August 26th, 2013, 08:48 AM
Registered Luser

You could be right there copper! I was doing some research, and was coming up with the same results. The air cleaner is original as the option is on the build sheet. The car came from Cali, so it was probably much easier to find a proper manifold. Now if I could only find a rear sway bar.......anyway, I get much inspiration from your Delmont. Would love to see more of it!
Old September 2nd, 2013, 04:01 PM
Lt. Buzzkill (ret.)

Would love to see more of it!
Take a look at these links

https://classicoldsmobile.com/forums...day+coupe.html

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/209009...le-delmont-88/
Old September 2nd, 2013, 07:13 PM
Registered Luser

Thanks for the links Glenn! Love the red on red with black top....looks great with the bucket upgrade! Did you re-paint the Toro hubcaps, and if so, what did you use? I want to do the wheel and tire upgrade this winter, as I already have the rims and caps. Your car, along with aliensatemybuick and Kurt's Jetstar are three of my favorites on the site! No offense to the 442's of course!
Old September 3rd, 2013, 09:08 AM
Lt. Buzzkill (ret.)

Erik, one of the Toro hubcaps was NOS, the other 3 were repainted. I took them to a friend who is a sign painter/pinstriper and he repainted them by hand with striping enamel. They look great, but he couldn't match the transparent look of the factory "claret" red. They're the right shade of red, just not transparent like the NOS one seen in this pic:

Fortunately, you can't see all of them up close at the same time
Old September 3rd, 2013, 10:28 AM
Sammy70 455 Supreme

Eric,that is one beautiful car!
I always liked how the design of the taillights....
What exactly did the CCC do?

Ted
Old September 3rd, 2013, 02:58 PM
Registered Luser

Glenn, that's exactly why I asked was because of the rocket color! Only thing I am noticing is, your cap looks different then the Toro? Am I missing something?

https://classicoldsmobile.com/forums...o-dog-dish.jpg

http://memimage.cardomain.com/ride_i...047_medium.jpg
Old September 3rd, 2013, 03:08 PM
Registered Luser

Ted, the function of the CCC was to maintain inlet air temp to the carb at around 100*F. I suppose it would help keep the air/fuel mixture more consistent for better efficiency and gas mileage. I'm pretty sure it was part of the Turnpike Cruiser (TC) option, although it did not constitute the option by itself.
Old September 3rd, 2013, 03:31 PM

Love it Erik! Man, I'm envious of all your cars. How's the bro's Vista coming? I'm guessing it maybe on the back burner, with the work you've done to the 67...
Old September 3rd, 2013, 03:36 PM
Lt. Buzzkill (ret.)

They're the same ones, Erik. The one in the pic is NOS and my others are excellent used ones that were re-polished before I had them painted. Any difference is probably in the angle of the photo.
I also have a set of '67 Toronado center caps that I bought before I was certain which ones were correct for my '68 Delmont. They look completely different, with Oldsmobile lettering around the perimeter and a brushed finish. Odd that Olds changed cap styles on the Toronado, but kept the '66 style for the B&C cars at least through the '68 model year.
Old September 3rd, 2013, 06:29 PM
Registered Luser

Originally Posted by Greg Rogers
Love it Erik! Man, I'm envious of all your cars. How's the bro's Vista coming? I'm guessing it maybe on the back burner, with the work you've done to the 67...
Thanks Greg! We haven't touched the Vista in about 6 mos.....but, we hope to be back on it in a few weeks! I still have the carpet with your name on it LOL! Hopefully, you've been surviving without it!
Old September 5th, 2013, 07:31 PM
Phantom Phixer

[QUOTE=ent72olds;588051]Ted, the function of the CCC was to maintain inlet air temp to the carb at around 100*F. I suppose it would help keep the air/fuel mixture more consistent for better efficiency and gas mileage. I'm pretty sure it was part of the Turnpike Cruiser (TC) option, although it did not constitute the option by itself.[QUOTE]
The CCC system was an emissions feature. It was required on all 66 and 67 cars built for sale in California to meet California emissions standards. In 1968 it became standard on all Olds except those equipped with AIR (air injection reactor) AKA "the smog pump".

Last edited by Charlie Jones; September 5th, 2013 at 07:42 PM.
Old September 5th, 2013, 07:41 PM

[QUOTE=Charlie Jones;588849][QUOTE=ent72olds;588051]Ted, the function of the CCC was to maintain inlet air temp to the carb at around 100*F. I suppose it would help keep the air/fuel mixture more consistent for better efficiency and gas mileage. I'm pretty sure it was part of the Turnpike Cruiser (TC) option, although it did not constitute the option by itself.
The CCC system was an emissions feature. It was required on all 67 cars built for sale in California to meet California emissions standards. In 1968 it became standard on all Olds except those equipped with AIR (air injection reactor) AKA "the smog pump".
Hmmm I think the A I R system is being confused here with CCC. I dont think all Cali cars had CCC but they did have the AIR air iduction reaction as the 66 cars did and no CCC.

Quick Reply: Pics Of My '67 Delta!