Where to post?

Search this Thread

Old July 11th, 2021, 07:22 PM
Art S

Where to post?

I'm not sure where to be posting stuff. I have a 1961 Olds Super 88 and want to share some progress I'm making on it getting it in somewhat better condition. I'm new to the antique car ownership so I'm not sure what I've been doing would be called a restoration? I'm discovering things while I'm going along and would like to share the information but would that be put in discussions? And while I'm going along I have questions I need answers for. Do I ask the questions in this forum or do they belong in a different forum of what it pertains to? An example; the windshield wipers weren't working when I got the car and I searched the internet for help but no one had a solution and I figured out what was wrong on my own and it was before I discovered this web site. Do I put what I discovered in Electrical and here as part of restoring the car?
Looking for some guidance as to what I'm supposed to be doing on the site. Thanks
Old July 11th, 2021, 07:29 PM
Administrator

You can start an ongoing in the Major Builds and Projects thread and keep all your progress and questions in one thread. You can keep posting in this forum. Or you can post individual questions correct corresponding forums.
Old July 11th, 2021, 07:46 PM
Art S

Originally Posted by oldcutlass
You can start an ongoing in the Major Builds and Projects thread and keep all your progress and questions in one thread. You can keep posting in this forum. Or you can post individual questions correct corresponding forums.
Thanks for the quick reply.
It seems it would be better for me to start a thread in Major Builds and Projects. Thanks.
Old July 12th, 2021, 02:18 PM
Oldsdruid

I check "New Posts" when I visit. That shows any and all topics since my last visit, so anything new that you post on your 61, I see it.

Others "follow" or "subscribe" to a thread so they see all the updates.

But yeah, you post and somehow we'll see it! And learning how someone won a fight with their car is always interesting. I have 64s so a lot of 61 stuff applies.

Amazing how cars go from ordinary and any garage could service them to nobody knows anything about them 50 yr later.