Wiper switch part# for '75 Delta 88 Royal????

Search this Thread

Old October 28th, 2013, 11:47 AM

Wiper switch part# for '75 Delta 88 Royal????

Can anyone tell me the correct part number for the wiper switch on a '75 Delta 88 Royal? I bought one off ebay and it is not the right one. Its # is 1994167. It has the delay and washer levers but the back has just the 3 prongs for the connection block. the one I removed has 2 harness connections. One for the 3 prongs and another pigtail with 3 more wires.

I am searching for a new one for my car and will trade if anyone needs the other type. It is NOS in the box.

wiper switch.JPG
Old October 28th, 2013, 01:33 PM

Originally Posted by White Spyder
Can anyone tell me the correct part number for the wiper switch on a '75 Delta 88 Royal? I bought one off ebay and it is not the right one. Its # is 1994167. It has the delay and washer levers but the back has just the 3 prongs for the connection block. the one I removed has 2 harness connections. One for the 3 prongs and another pigtail with 3 more wires.

I am searching for a new one for my car and will trade if anyone needs the other type. It is NOS in the box.

Attachment 78218
Hey, is the picture showing the one you bought or the one the one you need ? I believe the '75 and '76 switches are the same and I may be able to help depending on which switch you need. Does your car have pulse wipers or not? Sorry for all the questions but I want to make sure I can help you.

John
Old October 28th, 2013, 02:03 PM

Originally Posted by 76 Regency
Hey, is the picture showing the one you bought or the one the one you need ? I believe the '75 and '76 switches are the same and I may be able to help depending on which switch you need. Does your car have pulse wipers or not? Sorry for all the questions but I want to make sure I can help you.

John

The photo is of the one I need. That is the one I removed from the car.

Thanks for responding.
Old October 28th, 2013, 02:18 PM
Connoisseur d'Junque

Can anyone tell me the correct part number for the wiper switch on a '75 Delta 88 Royal?
Part #1994167 for regular wipers, 416935 with delay.

As stated in the 1975 Parts Manual, available for free from WildAboutCars.

- Eric
Old October 28th, 2013, 06:19 PM

The photo is of the one I need. That is the one I removed from the car.

Thanks for responding.
Ok so your car does have pulse wipers. I don't have any of these in NOS sorry. What's wrong with yours? Are you sure the switch is bad and maybe not the motor or delay module?
Old October 29th, 2013, 04:56 AM

Originally Posted by 76 Regency
Ok so your car does have pulse wipers. I don't have any of these in NOS sorry. What's wrong with yours? Are you sure the switch is bad and maybe not the motor or delay module?

The wipers will not turn off unless you pull the fuse eventhough the switch is in the off position.
Old October 29th, 2013, 06:02 AM

The wipers will not turn off unless you pull the fuse eventhough the switch is in the off position.
OK, I would think it's the switch too then. So is the switch that you got on ebay the standard, non-pulse switch? If it is, you can still use it until you find the pulse one or just test the wipers with it to see that they work ok, less the pulse feature.

The flat, white connector is the wipers themselves and the smaller black one is for the delay. Using the standard switch can buy you some time at least. I know the pulse ones don't show up too often and they tend to go for a lot of money when they do.