antenna question

Search this Thread

Old April 9th, 2010, 09:12 PM

antenna question

here is my question, the antenna on my 72 cutlass supreme is missing the gasket as well as the little chrome trim ring so therefore it just kind of hangs on by the nut and wiggles around. I just replaced my package tray before I glue it down I may install a new stereo, so I will probabely have to buy a new antenna, anyone recommend a good place or model? also does the fender have to be removed in order to replace the antenna?
Old April 10th, 2010, 03:05 AM
Registered

Didn't The '72 have the windshield antenna standard?
There should be two very thin wires in the glass that run up the middle and part way acoss the top of the windshield.

If it has one a lot of fender antennas can be worked on through the opening when you partially open the door.
I would go for a power antenna if there's already a hole in the fender and clearance below for it myself.
I bet those windshield antennas cost them a lot in power antenna option sales? That's probably why they got rid of them.

Crutchfield has a lot of antennas, antenna advisors.
If mine weren't a wagon I would go for twin angled power antennas in the back. They have to be synchronized perfectly going up or down or it ain't cool..

http://www.crutchfield.com/
Old April 10th, 2010, 03:16 AM

You could drive your two antennae with a welded differential...perfectly synchronized...too cool