General Discussion Discuss your Oldsmobile or other car-related topics.

25th Annual Wheelin Walla Walla Car Show

Search this Thread

Old September 9th, 2019, 10:15 AM

25th Annual Wheelin Walla Walla Car Show

We had a beautiful day and over 675 cars, 11 of which Oldsmobile's. We also had the host of My Classic Car Dennis Gage doing a filming for one of his shows to air sometime in Feb. As Luck will have it he did an exclusive on the 72 GTO parked right next to my car. Chances are we will have an Oldsmobile as a back drop for his show. I got a chance to meet and chat with him, and he is very approachable and friendly. Even though my car did not make the cut was very impressed. I asked and he gladly signed my visor. THE BEST TROPHY OF THE SHOW. For the last year I made it a goal to have my car done for this show and for all this to happen I'm speechless.
Just to fill you all in as to why the GTO. The owner ordered and bought it new and has owned it ever since only has 68,000 miles and always been garaged. He is from Calgary Alberta, yes he did trailer it but does drive it some at home. Spending the day next to him and checking out each of our cars I must say his car is over the top as a true survivor. It is as if time stood still for the last 47 years.
Enjoy the pictures