General Discussion Discuss your Oldsmobile or other car-related topics.

Any Olds shows coming up?

Search this Thread

Old April 30th, 2024, 07:28 PM
car guy

Any Olds shows coming up?

Anything Olds specific close to the Texas area comming up. Now that the 66 is back alive she wants to show off. Left for the Hot Rod Tour of Texas with 10 miles on the new motor. Over 1000 now after a 4 day cruise.

Old April 30th, 2024, 08:33 PM

Well the Oldsmobile Nationals are in July.
Springfield, MO

Hope ya make it.
Old April 30th, 2024, 08:42 PM
car guy

Originally Posted by Rallye469
Well the Oldsmobile Nationals are in July.
Springfield, MO

Hope ya make it.
What are the dates?
Old April 30th, 2024, 09:08 PM
Proud Viet Nam Veteran

July 23rd thru July 28th. My wife and I are going for the first time. I think we have about 12 other members from NTOC going. We are planning a Zone Show later in the year.
Old May 1st, 2024, 05:17 AM
car guy

Originally Posted by redoldsman
July 23rd thru July 28th. My wife and I are going for the first time. I think we have about 12 other members from NTOC going. We are planning a Zone Show later in the year.
Wow dont think I can spare that much time. Is it frowned apon if you come for day of two and leave?
Old May 1st, 2024, 06:03 AM

Originally Posted by gearheads78
Is it frowned apon if you come for day of two and leave?
Who would frown? Paying the registration fee is all that matters. I usually just go for a couple of nights. Arrive Thursday and leave Saturday. Friday is the biggest day, show-wise, because that's judging day, so pretty much any car that's going to be there at all will be there that day. Makes for a great day of car viewing and swap-meet/vendor wandering.

One thing to keep in mind is that you cannot show your car at the OCA Nationals unless you are a member of the OCA. Given your lack of knowledge about the event, I'm guessing you're not a member.

You can access the registration form here. It must be postmarked by June 1, so you still have some time to submit it.

https://cdn.ymaws.com/www.oldsmobile...ation_form.pdf

Note this section of the registration form. As a non-member, to show your car, you will be spending a minimum of $107 because you will have to join the OCA at the same time. There is a base $35 fee whether you have a car or not, and that covers up to four people in your family. If you're bringing a car, that's another $42 per car. As a non-member, you also need to choose one of the two membership options, $30 to receive everything, including the monthly magazine, electronically, or $46 if you want the monthly paper copy of Journey With Olds. $35 + $42 (assuming one car) + $30 (cheaper membership option) = $107. Get out your checkbook, and welcome to the OCA!

Old May 1st, 2024, 06:47 AM
Proud Viet Nam Veteran

Jaunty summed it up pretty well. This will be the first time I have been to the nationals. We are arriving Thursday and leaving Sunday morning. The host hotel is full and there are 30 people on the waiting list. We are staying the Courtyard by Marriot which is the overflow hotel. They have a rate of $129 per night. From Rowlett it is only 413 miles which is probably about as close as we will ever be to the OCA Nationals. Would love to see you there.
Old May 1st, 2024, 08:36 AM
Administrator

I might drive up just for a visit Fri or Sat.
Old May 1st, 2024, 12:34 PM

Originally Posted by oldcutlass
I might drive up just for a visit Fri or Sat.
That's an important point. All that business with registration fees only applies basically if you want to show a car. If you want to just be a spectator, you don't have to pay a dime. The show field is just a hotel parking lot. There's no fencing, no gate to go through, etc. The OCA wants the public to come to the show and see the cars and keep the name Oldsmobile out there. Just park in the hotel parking lot and wander through the show field and swap meet area like you own the place.