General Discussion Discuss your Oldsmobile or other car-related topics.

Father's Day Car Show 2011 at Memory Lane Heritage Village, Nova Scotia

Search this Thread

Old June 19th, 2011, 11:45 AM
STOP call'n it a Chevelle

Father's Day Car Show 2011 at Memory Lane Heritage Village, Nova Scotia

Well at least the rain kept the flies and dust away. Millie made her way to her first show of the 2011 season. It was a small Father’s Day show at Memory Lane Heritage Village, Lake Charlotte, Nova Scotia. The site is made of period buildings that were transported from across Nova Scotia and placed to make small 1940’s and 50’s rural village.

http://heritagevillage.ca/home/index.php/site/index/

There were about 65-75 cars on hand.It was a 1990 and older only show. Not bad for a day that was 15c and weather warning for scatters thunder showers. Well, I think scattered NON-thunder showers would have been better wording for the weather.
Millie was the only Olds. There was a Chevy and Pontiac with Olds rims but that was it. My just less than 4 year old son got too wet and tired so we left a early so I do not know who won what. We had fun regardless.
It was the longest drive I have gone on with my Cutlass in about 4 ½ years, since before my son was born. It was a 45-50 mile drive each way at highway speed. It felt good to cruise around again.
Here are some pics…….

Old June 19th, 2011, 11:48 AM

We had about 10 minutes of no rain followed by 5 minutes of sun. Out came the chammies and tire spray. Just when everyone was dry and starting to get shined up the thunder clapped and the rain started again.

My son thought this ’71 Dodge looked a lot like Millie. It kind of did.

“None shall pass!”

Old June 19th, 2011, 11:48 AM

Thanks for the pics. WTH is the last blue car w/ the white top? In the first set of photos
Old June 19th, 2011, 11:49 AM

If this was an operating pump every car there would be lined up. $0.29 4/10 a gallon. I wish!

My son Max really wanted to take the “Best Of Show” trophy home.

Well there we have it, the first show for me this year. More to come. Happy Father’s Day everyone.

Adam
Old June 19th, 2011, 11:59 AM

Originally Posted by Jamesbo
Thanks for the pics. WTH is the last blue car w/ the white top? In the first set of photos

Do you mean this one...

It is a 1962 Vauxhall Envoy, which is the Canadian version of the Victor. It is a European made car. There was also a Ford Prefect from the UK there. Anyone who like Douglas Adams or the Hicthhikers Guide To The Galaxy will recognize the name Ford Prefetc of one lead characters in the books/tv/film.

Adam
Old June 19th, 2011, 12:47 PM
Just an Olds Guy

HFD Back at Ya!!

Holy crappy weather Batman, you're getting the same weather in NS that we're getting in AB!!

Thanks for posting. Us Canadians appear to be a hearty bunch - taking our cherished rides out in the rain. Oh well, gives you an excuse to git at'r with polish and cleaner when you get home!

Can't help it. I'm laughing at the red (Laurentia???) Poncho and yellow/black Chebby (Impala??) that decided they wanted to wear Olds SS111 wheels. It only looks good on Olds, they ought to know that. I guess they're partly on the way to changing to Olds. Just have to finish the conversion.

What, no lobster feast??? 'dat's just not Nova Scotian!!'
Old June 19th, 2011, 01:24 PM

Great photos. Send some of the wet stuff down our way. We are burning up.
Old June 19th, 2011, 01:56 PM
Just an Olds Guy

To wet to whistle or whittle...

If there was a way to send it to you, it would be there faster than you can drink a 40oz Jack Daniels!

As I type this we are in the middle of yet another torrential cloudburst. No $h!t you can't see even 25 feet to the curb, and even if you could see the curb it would be underwater. The rain gutter outside my window looks like it's got a fire hose hooked up to it and cranked up full volume!! Oh oh, there's some guy out in my back yard trolling....gotta get my boat out and tell him to stop it! This yard's only big enough for 1 boat and that's mine....

Hopefully the Rocket Roundup will have good weather in July. Crossing my fingers. (I only cross my eyes when I'm driving - it gives me twice the thrill of picking the right lane to drive in )
Old June 19th, 2011, 02:38 PM
"Car"mudgeon

Very cool pics of some cool cars. Thanks and Happy Father's Day to you.
Old June 19th, 2011, 03:50 PM

Originally Posted by Allan R
What, no lobster feast??? 'dat's just not Nova Scotian!!'
Actually...... There were 4 live lobster door prizes. 20, 15, 10 and 5lbs. We left after the first draw. I gace my tickets to the guy with the S10. I worked with him in 1999 at a car auction house. I had not seen him in 10 years. We were parked by each by coincedence. Mmmm lobster and corn boil is yummie.

It has been so wet here that all the corn seed has washed away for the crows got them. That's not really a joke. In the 6 weeks after Easter we had ONLY ONE day without any rain at all. My retaining wall and landscaping work on our new house is 2 months behind because everything is still too wet.

Adam
Old June 19th, 2011, 05:56 PM

Thanks for braving the rain to take those pictures. I think all of Canada has been having the same weather, just offset by a couple of days depending on where you are.

But since our car show season only lasts 6 months, we will go no matter what the weather is.
Old June 20th, 2011, 05:51 PM

Originally Posted by Allan R
If there was a way to send it to you, it would be there faster than you can drink a 40oz Jack Daniels!

As I type this we are in the middle of yet another torrential cloudburst. No $h!t you can't see even 25 feet to the curb, and even if you could see the curb it would be underwater. The rain gutter outside my window looks like it's got a fire hose hooked up to it and cranked up full volume!! Oh oh, there's some guy out in my back yard trolling....gotta get my boat out and tell him to stop it! This yard's only big enough for 1 boat and that's mine....

Hopefully the Rocket Roundup will have good weather in July. Crossing my fingers. (I only cross my eyes when I'm driving - it gives me twice the thrill of picking the right lane to drive in )
Allan, don't jinx us. In the last previous 17 shows the weather was fine. We did have a cloud go by about 10 years ago and drop some rain for about 5 minutes, then it was sunny the rest of the show. Last year it rained all week and on Friday night it was raining in Olds. Saturday morning I got a call from our VP who lives there and it was clear and sunny. The next day after the show, it poured. God may drive a Harley during the week, but on weekends, he drives an Oldsmobile.
Old June 21st, 2011, 03:48 PM

Millie looks good. Nice job with her