General Discussion Discuss your Oldsmobile or other car-related topics.

Oldsmobiles at the TX State Fair

Search this Thread

Old September 26th, 2009, 11:01 PM
car guy

Oldsmobiles at the TX State Fair

I spent the day today with my wife and daughter at the state fair. We were there with the North TX Olds Club. The pics suck because of the fence but because the fence was there the general public were not allowed inside with the cars so that was a good thing. In the Midway I won a pink pig and my daughter won a giant purple gorrilla in a whiffle ball toss all by her self so we gained a few new riders on the way home.

On a side note my daughter made her first TV appearance. They filmed us playing games and sure enough they led the State Fair story with my 3 YO daughter and wife. I was lucky enough to only get the back of my head and front of my T-shirt filmed with my voice in the background. http://www.the33tv.com/videobeta/watch/?watch=26350741-0150-4215-8183-efe952057d70&src=front

Old September 27th, 2009, 04:35 AM

Wow! There are some really nice cars in your local club!

It's cool seeing your daughter on TV! Yes, it would be hard to take her through the fair without opening up your wallet and letting her have some fun!!!

I remember when I was growing up the fair was a huge thing. It was the closest we got to a theme park experience like Disney Land. And most of the kids were involved in some sort of livestock raising, horses or other agricultural events.
Old September 27th, 2009, 08:53 AM

The look on your daughter's face was priceless. How cool is the gorrilla sitting in the drivers seat. Fairs are great family fun
Old September 27th, 2009, 02:39 PM

Great Day at the Fair

You are right about the day at the fair. A good time to get with the NTOC bunch for an all-day event and to drum up some new members. This is an annual outing for the club. Great to have you guys join in this year.

Now we are looking forward to the October Zone Show and 1/8 drag race.
Right now we have about 40 cars entered.

To anyone in the North Texas area, or if you can get here from where you are, check out the North Texas Olds Club websithe for information about the Zone Show and drag race Oct. 16 - 18.
Old September 27th, 2009, 08:53 PM
car guy

Originally Posted by citcapp
The look on your daughter's face was priceless.
Pretty funny huh?
Old September 27th, 2009, 08:57 PM
car guy

Originally Posted by 2blu442
Wow! There are some really nice cars in your local club!

It's cool seeing your daughter on TV! Yes, it would be hard to take her through the fair without opening up your wallet and letting her have some fun!!!

I remember when I was growing up the fair was a huge thing. It was the closest we got to a theme park experience like Disney Land. And most of the kids were involved in some sort of livestock raising, horses or other agricultural events.
We had a good time. I usually hate to spend money on stuff like that but her hitting the one orange hole of about 1000 and winning the big gorrila on her own. I wish I could have had video of that. Her eyes were as big as teh wiffle ***** she was tossing.
Old September 27th, 2009, 09:27 PM
Proud Viet Nam Veteran

Really good stuff Richard. Kids are so precious and your daughter is a doll. I have to take my two grandsons ages 4 and 6. I have not been in several years. Did you have the fried butter?