General Discussion Discuss your Oldsmobile or other car-related topics.

Two videos you have to see

Search this Thread

Old October 10th, 2008, 08:23 PM
car guy

Two videos you have to see

The first one will have you rolling on the floor. I think he just looked at his 401K
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gVL_KDyGivQ

the second one is much more serious but very important for everyone to see

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GIVvvoDbCV0

Last edited by gearheads78; October 10th, 2008 at 09:13 PM.
Old October 10th, 2008, 08:57 PM
Proud Viet Nam Veteran

I would advise everybody to watch the second video. It is kind of long but worth every minute. It is all fact and if you are on the fence about your vote, this should help you make up your mind. It really po's me to see the very people who were responsible for this to have the audacity to stand up and blame the Bush administration for causing the problem. Thanks Richard.
Old October 10th, 2008, 09:30 PM

Most people do not understand that the democrats have controlled congress for the most part since Kennedy was in office. When the republicans have had control has been our best time of economic growith. They just don't understand that the democratic congress is all about social spending. Not creating jobs to help people lift themselves out on poverty. They would rather strip the middle class through higher taxes and drag us all down THINK World trade orginazation, were we commit to buying lower cost goods from places like China and let the same industries die like we did the textile industry. This goes on and on it proves that a large majority of Americans still want something for nothing
Old October 11th, 2008, 07:37 AM

What's this got to do with Oldsmobiles? Keep your political views to another venue.
If we open this up to unrelated "you tube" junk, it will clog this entire site. Your posting has been reported to the head of this forum.
Old October 11th, 2008, 08:26 AM
car guy

Originally Posted by FL1970442
What's this got to do with Oldsmobiles? Keep your political views to another venue.
If we open this up to unrelated "you tube" junk, it will clog this entire site. Your posting has been reported to the head of this forum.
Normally I agree with you but this election to too important. Very ability for you to drive on old car like an Oldsmobile is on the line right now. Between the social policies and the enviromental policies that could be past if there is no checks and balances. It flat scares the **** out of me and it should you too.

Lets just take one small thing that could hit home with anyone here. Goverment controled health care. You have a blocked valve and need open heart surgery. Todays plan you go and get it done. His plan
lets look at England for example 1/3 our population and the waiting list is 1-1.5 years to get the surgery. Most die before there ticket gets called.
AMERICA WAKE UP!!!!!!!
Old October 11th, 2008, 10:38 AM

Originally Posted by gearheads78
Originally Posted by FL1970442
What's this got to do with Oldsmobiles? ........
........ this election to too important ........
It is no more important that any other election.

If you feel the need to preach to someone, these and these, people would be far more appropriate audiences.

Norm
Old October 11th, 2008, 06:18 PM

I apolgize if I offended anyone and will keep my opinions to myself from now on.
Old October 11th, 2008, 07:26 PM

The first video was pretty funny!
Old October 12th, 2008, 05:05 AM

While I believe all elections are important, I am in line with Gearhead on the critical nature of this one. This is an automotive forum, yes, but what was posted is indirectly connected to what we all do here. Neither move on nor air America are about to be convinced as they are thinking with their hearts, or back pockets, or maybe worse. Left or right, people in the middle, those of us that actually work for a living need to think with our head. We also need accurate verifiable information to make good decisions. I applaud Gearhead for the courage that I lacked in posting this. Agree or not,the information is verifiable and important, and this next election WILL effect our hobby, as well as everything else in our lives. Hopefully this is not taken as inflammatory. I am sorry if it is received in that manner, but I stand by this post and any one willing to seek the truth out and speak up for what is right, and good about this country.

Last edited by csstrux; October 13th, 2008 at 05:15 PM.
Old October 12th, 2008, 01:27 PM

The first video was funny.

The second video... I turned off.
Old October 13th, 2008, 04:28 AM

Originally Posted by 88 coupe
It is no more important that any other election.Norm
Given the current situation, I would respectfully disagree.
Old October 13th, 2008, 02:45 PM

Originally Posted by Jamesbo
Given the current situation ........
I have no problem with it.

As a matter of fact, I'm looking at some (recently discounted) real estate.

Originally Posted by Jamesbo
........ I would respectfully disagree.
It is your right to disagree (respectfully or otherwise) with anyones opinion, just as it is your right to choose which elections you participate in, based on your own perception of their importance.

Norm
Old October 14th, 2008, 01:23 PM

Frankly, I come to this forum and work on my car to get away from all of the stress of work and the division caused in this country by the elections. I agree that there are OTHER, appropriate forums for political discourse. This is a sanctuary for enthusiasts to get together and talk about cars not fight over candidates. Here it doesn't matter who's republican or democrat, we're all guys and gals who love our Oldsmobiles and share a common interest...Politicians could learn from this model.

Granted the election is important, but let's not let it take over every part of our lives. No more cat poo here in the sandbox please.
Old October 14th, 2008, 09:25 PM

gearheads78, I agree and like your second video, it is people sticking there head in the sand and saying let someone else take care of it I have many issues with. Simper FI,
Old October 15th, 2008, 12:20 AM
Official Tire Kicker

Smile

I enjoyed both videos. THe second one was VERY INFORMATIVE! Nuff said from me on this
Old October 15th, 2008, 05:07 AM
Past Administrator

Closed