Upholstery Shop in DFW Area Needed

Search this Thread

Old September 29th, 2008, 07:33 AM

Upholstery Shop in DFW Area Needed

Anyone know a good upholstery shop in the Dallas/ Fort Worth area? I need someone who can re-upholstery the cloth and vinyl seats in my 1970 Cutlass. Thanks.
Old September 29th, 2008, 08:18 AM
Proud Viet Nam Veteran

Try

Ray's Auto Trim on Plano Road in Garland. See Henry who has owned the place for several years and is Ray's son. Henry is the best I have ever seen with convertible tops and interiors. He did my 72 Cutlass convertible about 15 years ago and he just recreated an original interrior for my friends 54 Super 88 convertible. He is not the cheapest but is reasonable and he know old cars. He does some high dollar cars. Tell him Glenn Hargrove recommended him and maybe he won't charge you any extra. I am usually hesitant to recommend somebody but have no reservations recommending Henry. Good luck.
Old September 29th, 2008, 09:28 AM
car guy

Originally Posted by redoldsman
Try

Ray's Auto Trim on Plano Road in Garland. See Henry who has owned the place for several years and is Ray's son. Henry is the best I have ever seen with convertible tops and interiors. He did my 72 Cutlass convertible about 15 years ago and he just recreated an original interrior for my friends 54 Super 88 convertible. He is not the cheapest but is reasonable and he know old cars. He does some high dollar cars. Tell him Glenn Hargrove recommended him and maybe he won't charge you any extra. I am usually hesitant to recommend somebody but have no reservations recommending Henry. Good luck.
I will have to remember that. My top needs to be replaced.

-Richard
Old September 29th, 2008, 09:33 AM

Next month I will be letting this guy in Nevada (by Lavon) totally redo my seats.
http://www.yoboyinc.com/
Sure, the name is strange, but his parents ran a great shop in Garland (Blair's Auto Trim) before they retired. My neighbors were amazed at what he did after his big cabin cruiser sank years ago. That is how I discovered him...

I went to his current location last month to show Billy what he will be doing and he is a very nice guy with a big clean shop. He had been working with his parents until they closed their shop.
I will post my feedback here when he completes the job. I will be providing the complete set of Legendary seat covers.

I hope it turns out like I expect!

Last edited by Lady72nRob71; September 29th, 2008 at 09:38 AM.
Old September 29th, 2008, 07:21 PM

Originally Posted by TX-SX
Anyone know a good upholstery shop in the Dallas/ Fort Worth area? I need someone who can re-upholstery the cloth and vinyl seats in my 1970 Cutlass. Thanks.
I did mine myself. It was the first stab I had at it. I ordered new foam and covers and put them on myself. It wasn't too much of a challenge. Just get some hog pliers and rings and have at it. I did two buckets and the rear in a weekend.
Old December 6th, 2008, 12:10 PM

Smile A personal recommendation!

If anyone in the Dallas TX area needs a fine upholstery job, I highly recommend Yoboy Enterprises http://www.yoboyinc.com/. They are located a few miles north of Wylie in Nevada, TX. Call 972 494 2627 and just ask for Billy Blair.

Billy just completed the restoration of my car's seats and rear quarter armrests.
See the details of my job here:
https://classicoldsmobile.com/forums...html#post53040

Now since he does quality work, you will not get a rush job. Allocate 2 weeks minimum. My seats took just over 4 weeks, but he did a lot for me and I told him to take his time. The seats will not be reinstalled for at least a few more weeks…

Yoboy, Inc. also got a fine mention in the latest JWO, as Billy reworked the interior of Gene Crowdis's 1928 E-30 sedan. Gene is President of the NTOC.