The Newbie Forum The place where you should introduce yourself. Do not ask technical questions here, use the site forum sections.

A new newbie in town. How yall doin.

Search this Thread

Old March 30th, 2010, 06:08 PM

A new newbie in town. How yall doin.

How is every body yea I'm new and I've looked around this site and I happy to join. I had a really good friend that pasted away in september of 2009, he had a 1986 cutlass and I'm a motor head and he would dream of all the things he wanted us to do to his car. So when he pasted away he left me the cutlass. So that's how I now joined this site to learn and ask questions as needed when I soup this car up. So the plan is in effect and what I'm doin is I bought a 94 z28 that was totaled $500 I think its a good deal. Its an automatic and the tranni has been rebuilt with a stage 2 shift kit and has less than 1000 miles. I have a question if any body is reading this Will the tranni be able to be used in the cutless? Is their a bypass harness so it will work? Any response will be great. So back to the plan. I'm gonna make the lt1 a carburated motor and drop that bad boy in the cutless with a nice cam. I think this car is gonna move pretty dam good. The interior and paint is gonna look great when its done. I'm hoping to bracket race it and show it in so car shows, all in memorie to the goof troop. That was Lees nick name.
Old March 30th, 2010, 06:26 PM

Yes they make a stand alone computer for that transmission. I'm not sure how much it cost I have heard around 1000 for it.

Since you bought the Camaro It would be easier to keep the fuel injection and use the computer and wiring harness out of the Camaro.

You can go carb if you want summit sells parts to do it.

Welcome to the forum, good luck with your car. Sorry to here about your friend at least a part of him will live on in this car.
Old March 30th, 2010, 07:18 PM
Cutlass Lover

Welcome to our site. That's a nice thing you're doing in memory of your friend!
Old March 31st, 2010, 04:29 AM

Welcome

Welcome aboard

X2 Nice thing for a good friend

p.s. I didn't know "Ya'll" was a Jersey word.

OOOOOOOOOPs, I see south Jersey
Old March 31st, 2010, 05:02 AM
Past Administrator

Welcome to CO. Good luck with your project.