1967 Olds 98 Door Panels

Search this Thread

Old June 18th, 2023, 06:32 AM

1967 Olds 98 Door Panels

I need to know if there is any other car that door panels will fit my 1967 Oldsmobile 98 convertible because I have been searching everywhere and I can't find any does anyone know of a make and model that will fit this vehicle door panels
Old June 18th, 2023, 01:56 PM

Dwight,
Welcome aboard.

You might get lucky at a junkyard like Desert Valley in AZ or French Lake Auto parts in MN, but those are a real long shot. I had my ‘66 98 convertible door panels sewn up locally by an upholsterer. If you try the boneyard, you’re looking for interior panels from a 2 door 1967 98 in whatever color yours is. Convertible interiors by this time in history are mostly trashed unless someone has gone out of their way to maintain them. Tops leak, water gets in, cardboard panels get wet and disintegrate much faster with convertibles as compared to hardtops.

I had my ‘66 Starfire panels done by SMS in Oregon 20 years ago. They did a great job. I think they’re still around, but they were pricey even 20 years ago. Panels are as good as I could have hoped though since they had (& probably still have) the heat sealing sewing machines like GM used back in the 60’s.

The fundamental problem with mid-60’s Olds big cars is there isn’t really a big enough market for the reproduction companies to bother with, so we wind up scrounging from boneyards, getting parts made and having interiors custom-sewn. Some stuff from Cutlass/442’s can be used, but mostly not. Have a look under my user name for more on mid-60’s big cars.

Cheers
Chris
Old June 18th, 2023, 06:08 PM

Thank u Chris

Originally Posted by cfair
Dwight,
Welcome aboard.

You might get lucky at a junkyard like Desert Valley in AZ or French Lake Auto parts in MN, but those are a real long shot. I had my ‘66 98 convertible door panels sewn up locally by an upholsterer. If you try the boneyard, you’re looking for interior panels from a 2 door 1967 98 in whatever color yours is. Convertible interiors by this time in history are mostly trashed unless someone has gone out of their way to maintain them. Tops leak, water gets in, cardboard panels get wet and disintegrate much faster with convertibles as compared to hardtops.

I had my ‘66 Starfire panels done by SMS in Oregon 20 years ago. They did a great job. I think they’re still around, but they were pricey even 20 years ago. Panels are as good as I could have hoped though since they had (& probably still have) the heat sealing sewing machines like GM used back in the 60’s.

The fundamental problem with mid-60’s Olds big cars is there isn’t really a big enough market for the reproduction companies to bother with, so we wind up scrounging from boneyards, getting parts made and having interiors custom-sewn. Some stuff from Cutlass/442’s can be used, but mostly not. Have a look under my user name for more on mid-60’s big cars.

Cheers
Chris
I think I'm gonna go custom..I found someone locally hopefully they can do them to my liking..I can't find any so I have to go custom..those 67 Olds 98 convertibles are rare didn't expect I'd have such a hard time finding panels but it's cool..Thanks again
Old June 18th, 2023, 06:34 PM
Art S

Originally Posted by Dwight Mcmullen
I think I'm gonna go custom..I found someone locally hopefully they can do them to my liking..I can't find any so I have to go custom..those 67 Olds 98 convertibles are rare didn't expect I'd have such a hard time finding panels but it's cool..Thanks again
There are a couple of companies doing the interiors. Try this: https://smsautofabrics.com/collectio...ht-convertible.
Old June 18th, 2023, 07:54 PM

Many years ago I pulled a set of Burgundy cloth/vinyl ones from a 1967 Olds 98 2 door hardtop. I haven't looked at them in years but will dig them out if you'd like to see photos of them.

John
Old June 25th, 2023, 02:01 PM

Originally Posted by 2blu442
Many years ago I pulled a set of Burgundy cloth/vinyl ones from a 1967 Olds 98 2 door hardtop. I haven't looked at them in years but will dig them out if you'd like to see photos of them.

John
Sure..I might can take them off your hands