Bumper fillers attention Brichar8

Search this Thread

Old January 25th, 2014, 10:24 AM
Hangin' out...

Bumper fillers attention Brichar8

This message is for brichar8. I can't reply to your private message about the aftermarket bumper fillers. This topic comes up here, so why not share the info!

Hi Brady,

I replaced them with the 4-piece rear filler setup. I didn't want to pay for an original 3-piece or even try to track one down. Someone here might have a set for sale! If you have your heart set on a 3-piece, you'll find one. Sometimes you'll find a junkyard car with some of the fillers intact. The problem with the GM is that they are soft and eventually crumble. Here are some pics of my 98, and you'll see how the fillers look:

http://imgur.com/a/uMymB#53

Another idea is that you can get the two piece rear filler and get a competent bodyman to blend them together. I'm sure it can be done. The aftermarket parts will last much longer. You might have to tweak the mounting holes to make them fit better. Good luck!
Old January 29th, 2014, 06:07 PM

thanks for posting, as this is an issue with the rear of my '84...mind my asking who you used for the fillers? thanks Doug
Old January 30th, 2014, 01:03 PM
Hangin' out...

Here you go!

http://autorifix.com/
Old January 30th, 2014, 07:34 PM

Henry, Thanks for your reply. I will have to look into my settings again and figure out why I can't receive messages or replies. At one point I could then for no reason or changes on my part I can no longer. I'll work on it. It just so happens that today I found the 3 piece set by accident. They are constructed of fiberglass and primed white. the two side pieces are about $50 each and the one piece center is about $70.
Doug, the website is
http://www.replica-plastics.com/Manlist.aspx
To be sure I was ordering the correct part and to verify that it is a one solid piece for the center filler I called and spoke with a very nice lady and ordered them over the phone. Shipping is $15.00
Anyone interested in ELL opera lamps (Brougham)? I am hoping and praying that what I ordered is correct although only the right side opera lamp is available. Mine do work but there are some splotches in the phosphorous that are dim so I want to replace them. I'll have to do surgery on the left side.
Old January 31st, 2014, 06:55 PM

I am interested Brady, my opera lights gave up the ghost a few years back...

thanks for the info on the 3 piece bumper fillers, I really did not want the seam under the license plate if I could avoid it.
Old January 31st, 2014, 07:23 PM

I'll send you an email Doug.