EFI Conversion Fuel Tanks

Search this Thread

Old September 30th, 2022, 06:54 AM
1975 98 Regency Sedan

EFI Conversion Fuel Tanks

Hello,

As some may be aware from previous posts, I am pulling together parts for an LS turbo swap in my 98. The gas tank in my car is pretty solid, but it's also nearing 50 years old so who knows what the inside looks like. Also, the car will be going EFI, which means the stock tank would either need to be modified, replaced and modified, or swapped with a fuel cell.

I like the "6 body trunk" and would hate to ruin all that cargo space with a fuel cell. Is there a cost effective EFI tank that would work with the car?

RockAuto has a Liland IGM40D tank for about $250 that would be a good, new tank, but if someone makes an EFI-ready tank that fits, it would likely be the easier route.
Old September 30th, 2022, 08:04 AM

One of our members; coppercutlass, is an EFI guru. I think he even has a YouTube channel. Here's a thread in which he mentions an EFI install he did. I suggest shooting him a PM.

https://classicoldsmobile.com/forums...-i-buy-125170/

FWIW, I would keep your stock tank. You can "rebuild" it by using a sealer kit on it and even take it to a shop and have it hot tanked if needed. You can get kits now that allow you to retrofit a HI pressure EFI pump to an older tank.
Old October 10th, 2022, 09:11 AM
1975 98 Regency Sedan

Originally Posted by Olds64
One of our members; coppercutlass, is an EFI guru. I think he even has a YouTube channel. Here's a thread in which he mentions an EFI install he did. I suggest shooting him a PM.

https://classicoldsmobile.com/forums...-i-buy-125170/

FWIW, I would keep your stock tank. You can "rebuild" it by using a sealer kit on it and even take it to a shop and have it hot tanked if needed. You can get kits now that allow you to retrofit a HI pressure EFI pump to an older tank.
Hey, thank you for posting. I didn't have a chance to dig too far into the link and youtube channel, but I certainly will soon.

In regards to keeping the old tank, I only considered replacing it due to it's age and the unknown condition its in. I think I'll drop the tank and investigate further. The Holley retrofit kit seems like an simple and cost effective alternative to buying new.
Old October 11th, 2022, 05:39 AM

Let us know what you find when you drop the tank. Here's a kit I used to seal the fuel tank in my 71 98.

POR 15 sealer kit

Make sure you post some pics of your project too.