need parts for my 64 98

Search this Thread

Old August 6th, 2008, 06:21 PM

Talking need parts for my 64 98

I recently purchased a 1964 olds 98 4dr need the following parts to help restore it:

rear bumper
trunk carpet and side panels
front door dome light switch
am radio pigtail
passanger side exhaust manifold
front motor mount
glove box interior
fuel pump rebuild kit (w/factory air)
passangers side door vent window motor or worm gear (my motor works but window needs a little push to work)
headliner
original seat material supplier

let me tell you a little about the car, I was the only one who bid on it on ebay and I won it for $400.00. it has power windows (including wing windows), power seats , factory air, tilt wheel, autronic eye, vaccum trunk opener, factory cruise.
the body has the original paint and no rust, the glass is all excellent, the chrome is excellent except for rear bumper(someone used the jack on it). it has 121,000 miles on it ( Iknow because the previous owner not only kept a file with every repair invoice done to the car but also kept a gas milage log and oil change log) I put a battery in it and dumped some gas in the carb and she fired right up, smoked for a little while but thats getting better, I had to rebuild the wheel cylinders and install a new master cylinder to get her to stop. she's a pretty car and would like to get her standing tall so if anyone has the parts or knows of a source I would sure be thankful.

thanks,

1964olds98
Old August 6th, 2008, 07:52 PM
Oldsdruid

Originally Posted by 1964olds98
I recently purchased a 1964 olds 98 4dr need the following parts to help restore it:

rear bumper Can it be rechromed? That's a tough bumper to find

trunk carpet and side panels www.fusick.com , otherwise junkyard

front door dome light switch Ebay or junkyard. Needs to come off a Ninety Eight or Starfire because of all the courtesy lights

am radio pigtail You may have to do some wiring repair here

passanger side exhaust manifold Ebay or junkyard. All 63-4 pass side 394 manifolds are the same. LH is different for DE engines

front motor mount NAPA may have it, otherwise they're on ebay all the time along with the two rear ones.

glove box interior Fusick reproduces them fuel pump rebuild kit (w/factory air) pumps are same; pump has a return line that is plugged for non-AC apps

passangers side door vent window motor or worm gear (my motor works but window needs a little push to work) Common issue with these. I wouldn't worry about it. Try some white grease if you can get any into the actuator.

headliner Which one does it have? nappy fabric (Luxury Sedan) or vinyl (all others)? Trim shop may have to make it

original seat material supplier www.smsautofabrics.com , hella expensive but they will probably have it. Email them the trim code off the body data plate underhood and they'll send you a sample swatch

let me tell you a little about the car, I was the only one who bid on it on ebay and I won it for $400.00. it has power windows (including wing windows), power seats , factory air, tilt wheel, autronic eye, vaccum trunk opener, factory cruise. Does it work?
the body has the original paint and no rust, the glass is all excellent, the chrome is excellent except for rear bumper(someone used the jack on it). it has 121,000 miles on it ( Iknow because the previous owner not only kept a file with every repair invoice done to the car but also kept a gas milage log and oil change log) I put a battery in it and dumped some gas in the carb and she fired right up, smoked for a little while but thats getting better.worn valve guides and seals are a common 394 problem

I had to rebuild the wheel cylinders and install a new master cylinder to get her to stop. she's a pretty car Yes they are and would like to get her standing tall so if anyone has the parts or knows of a source I would sure be thankful.

thanks,

1964olds98

Last edited by rocketraider; August 6th, 2008 at 07:55 PM.
Old August 6th, 2008, 08:26 PM

'64 98 parts

I should have the passenger side exhaust manifold somewhere - I parted a '64 98 a few years back. Do you have the casting # off of it? That would help as I also have some manifolds from earlier year 394s and have a habit of never marking anything once I remove it....
Old August 7th, 2008, 09:35 AM

Why do you need a passenger side exhaust manifold? If it is missing, that is understandable. Otherwise, if it is cracked or damaged just have it repaired. I had both my intake and exhaust manifolds repaired.

You can get motor and transmission mounts for your car through Fusicks.

Last edited by Olds64; August 7th, 2008 at 09:38 AM.
Old August 8th, 2008, 11:08 AM

thanks

thanks 4 the help.....

the front motor mount is appartently shot and the exhaust manifold has been hitting the upper a-arm bolt and has worn a hole through it.