Seeking a 55 Olds Owner to Hire in Tampa / Clearwater for fathers 80th Birthday Party

Search this Thread

Old November 4th, 2019, 07:40 PM

Seeking a 55 Olds Owner to Hire in Tampa / Clearwater for fathers 80th Birthday Party

My fathers favorite car that he owned in his youth was a 55 Olds 98 Hardtop. He talked about that car all the time as I was growing up and my mom always joked that sometimes on their dates he paid more attention to his car than her.

They have been married over 50 years and we are celebrating his 80th birthday on December 14th in the Clearwater / St Pete area and I would love to see if I could get them a short ride in the same or similar car. If here is anyone in the area with that car (or one close to it) that would be open to giving them a ride I would love to hear from you, and would be glad to pay you for your time and expenses.

Thanks in advance for any replies or references if you know someone I should talk to.
Old November 5th, 2019, 07:39 AM
Administrator

I hope you can find a volunteer to make your fathers 80th special.
Old November 5th, 2019, 08:20 AM

I hope you can make your dads dream come true, wish I was less than a half a world away or we could. Best of luck in your search...... Tedd
Old November 5th, 2019, 01:36 PM
Frank Ignachuck

I have an idea, perhaps a long shot:

The Oldsmobile Club of America has Model Year Advisors. Try sending an email to the 55 Model Year Advisor.

His name is Tom Weaver

oca55advisor@earthlink.net
Old November 11th, 2019, 01:47 PM

Wow... amazed at such quick responses you guys are awesome. Sorry for the delay in response as I have been traveling and just now catching up.

oldcutlass
Thank you for your heartfelt wishes..

Tedd Thompson
Thank you for your wishes as well, and for the offer if we were closer. You have such a beautiful car it would almost be worth moving the party from Florida to California.

Ingachuck
Thank you for the Idea and email address. I appreciate that very much and will contact him.