passenger window goes down but falls in

Search this Thread

Old April 15th, 2010, 06:35 AM
80's Olds Club

passenger window goes down but falls in

Well i have a 1982 delta 88 royale and the passenger window worked fine but after a while of people slamming the door shut the window guide finally broke and now if i lower the window it almost falls in. I tried buying the guide at autozone and tried popping it in but the weight of the window just broke it again so now I don't know what i should do to fix it
Old April 15th, 2010, 10:46 AM
Oldsdruid

Go to an auto glass shop. They'll have heavier duty guides than that Chinesium chain parts place junk. Had this done on the Custom Cruiser wagon a few months back. Probably cost you less than ten bucks to fix.

You also have to push the plastic guide completely into the guide channel. Look in there and you'll see a metal channel with a "lip". The plastic guide snaps into that. If it doesn't go all the way into it the window will fall out again.
Old April 15th, 2010, 10:57 PM
80's Olds Club

Originally Posted by rocketraider
Go to an auto glass shop. They'll have heavier duty guides than that Chinesium chain parts place junk. Had this done on the Custom Cruiser wagon a few months back. Probably cost you less than ten bucks to fix.

You also have to push the plastic guide completely into the guide channel. Look in there and you'll see a metal channel with a "lip". The plastic guide snaps into that. If it doesn't go all the way into it the window will fall out again.
thanks, i'll definitely try this tomorrow and respond with the results