67 Toronado Ball Joints

Search this Thread

Old October 11th, 2013, 11:31 AM

67 Toronado Ball Joints

Looking for upper and lower ball joints for 67 Toronado. Have one lower MOOG, still need an upper set and another lower one. I know I can buy it in a set, but I really want good quality. Delco, Moog, TRW. Have to pay someone to put these things in.
Old October 12th, 2013, 07:21 AM

Smile 67 Toronado Ball Joints

I can get you brand new Rare Parts pieces at a discount. I can order them and have them shipped direct to you from Rare Parts. According to their web site; however, there are two different sets of ball joints, depending on a casting # on the knuckle. E-mail me for details: drolds1@bellsouth.net. Thanks, Bob
Old October 12th, 2013, 07:27 AM

Agree on Rare Parts being the best place to purchase front end parts for a Toro of that vintage...............may be the O-N-L-Y place!!!!! Can't he contact them directly?????
Old October 12th, 2013, 07:38 AM

Originally Posted by Aron Nance
Agree on Rare Parts being the best place to purchase front end parts for a Toro of that vintage...............may be the O-N-L-Y place!!!!! Can't he contact them directly?????
Yes, he can contact them directly. The key word here is "discount". For example, the part #10231 from Rare Parts will cost him $146.78 ea. I can get it for $117.34. I have helped a number of people, including those overseas, get these parts at a reduced price. Rare Parts handles all of the shipping, which they quote me before anything is ordered, so I can give you a TOTAL cost to your door.
Old October 15th, 2013, 07:54 AM

Originally Posted by ROCKETMAN269V
I can get you brand new Rare Parts pieces at a discount. I can order them and have them shipped direct to you from Rare Parts. According to their web site; however, there are two different sets of ball joints, depending on a casting # on the knuckle. E-mail me for details: drolds1@bellsouth.net. Thanks, Bob
Thanks guys. Might have to hit you up on that offer. I was able to buy NOS Moog and TRW ball joints on ebay. Still need the other parts, but that will come later.
Old October 15th, 2013, 07:55 AM

How good is the quality of Rare Parts? On level with Moog ?
Old October 15th, 2013, 08:55 AM

Rare Parts quality

Originally Posted by waterzap
How good is the quality of Rare Parts? On level with Moog ?
From their website:

RARE PARTS INC guarantees all DIAMOND SERIES® steering & suspension products to be free from defects in workmanship when used under normal operating conditions for as long as the original purchaser owns the original vehicle they were installed on. Rare Parts' obligation under this Limited Warranty is to repair or replace the defective product (at Rare Parts' discretion). Any and all costs of removal, installation, rental vehicle, freight, or incidental or consequential damages are expressly excluded from this warranty. All installations should be done by a qualified mechanic. Improper installation or modifications to our parts will void your warranty.

Parts manufactured by MOOG, McQuay-Norris, TRW, KYB, Atsco or other brand names are covered by their respective warranty.
Old October 23rd, 2013, 12:00 AM

Quick question regarding front end parts, what about Kanter? Any feed back on the quality? They have the ball joints for the 67 Toronado.