Oldsmobile Silhouette video.

Search this Thread

Old February 11th, 2020, 10:02 AM

Oldsmobile Silhouette video.

Check out the cool video on the Oldsmobile Silhouette! I considered posting this video in another thread I started with a Doug D. video on the Custom Cruiser. This video deserves its own thread though. Especially since there haven't been any posts on the Silhouette forum for 6 years.

Old February 12th, 2020, 07:01 AM

What is actually Olds on that van or whatever it is???? No wonder G.M. is dying.
Old February 12th, 2020, 10:20 AM

GM really got into the corporate engines and bodies in the 80s. Too bad Olds was cut instead of Buick or Cadillac It's not a hot rod but it's still Oldsmobile.
Old February 12th, 2020, 03:13 PM

I owned a 93 pontiac transport way back with a 3.8 v6 in it and it actually had decent power .would burn more rubber than my 72 cutlass .although i hated selling my 77 olds at the time and buying that mini van it was the most practical vehicle i ever owned.If i remember correctly it had all composite body panels on it so didnt rust out up here in the northeast.I don't miss it though
Old February 17th, 2020, 04:54 PM

My father in law used to have the later version of the Silhouette (came after the dust-buster design), I remember the side door making that same noise when it closed. I don't recall any other minivan making any noise like that.
Old April 21st, 2024, 07:00 AM

Good video and observations. What is it with Olds trying to take out it’s customer’s? If you ever been around one of these you probably got hit by the top of the front door. Reminiscent of working under the hood of a 70’ Cutlass and getting whacked in the back of the head by the center hood tooth when your finished. Guess it brings owners together when they share their scars and stories about the time their vehicles tried to kill them.
Dustin

Last edited by Post70; April 21st, 2024 at 07:05 AM.
Old April 21st, 2024, 09:34 AM
Vincit qui se vincit

25 minutes of the wacky Oldsmobile silhouette, and didn’t notice the greatest mention of one ever…

Old April 21st, 2024, 11:12 AM

Before anyone says anything, yes, I know, this thread started four years ago. But others have recently posted, so I am too.

I owned a 2002 Silhouette. Very nice car, although there was one weirdness with the dashboard lights (they wouldn't go on when the headlights were on---made it difficult to see anything on the dash, like the speedometer, at night) that happened about two weeks after we bought it. The dealer had to replace some kind of module on a new car that we had owned for less than two weeks. But once fixed, it served us well, wife and three teenagers.

I don't have much in the way of photos of it, but here's one taken at the Mid-Ohio Chapter Olds show in September 2004. I thought, what the heck, I'll bring my two-year-old Olds. You can see by the lack of cars around it that it was the sole entry in whatever late-model class it was in. For the same reason, it won a first-place trophy!

We traded it in 2005 on a first year Ford Freestyle. Enjoyed that car, too.