Buyer & Seller Feedback This thread is the place to put Buyer or Seller feedback. Be sure to CHECK THE RULES before you post!

Negative - scammer - gusto (jdorour)

Search this Thread

Old April 22nd, 2024, 07:46 AM

Post Negative - scammer - gusto (jdorour)

Almost got scammed from a reply to a Parts Wanted Post sent via PM from GUSTO. I contacted the referred user (jdorour) directly via email and after the email exchange which included photos and pricing, I was just about to send the money via PayPal but did not after something did not feel right. Others on this site confirmed my suspicions and the moderator has thankfully since removed the user.
Moral, check the usernames’ creation date, recent posts and avoid direct outside email contact.

The PM is below:

1968 Cutlass Drivers Side Rear Quarter Extension MoldingHello, have you tried to ask (jdorour) a forum member here, the last time i got bumper from him, he mentioned he has it for sale you can send him an email for a quicker response from him argocatt12@gmail.com

Good Luck”
Old April 22nd, 2024, 10:41 AM
Administrator

There have been a few recent threads concerning this scam and member/s. Gusto has been banned and while jdorour has not logged into this site since 2017, he has been banned as a precaution because of the reference.