General Discussion Discuss your Oldsmobile or other car-related topics.

Closed thread??

Search this Thread

Old May 2nd, 2023, 01:20 PM

Closed thread??

I noticed the EV thread was closed, the last entry was the “No political or religious discussion allowed” reminder.

I read the entire thread, did I miss the political or religious comments? For the most part, I thought it was a civil discussion.
Old May 2nd, 2023, 01:37 PM
Rocket Renegade!

Originally Posted by matt69olds
I noticed the EV thread was closed, the last entry was the “No political or religious discussion allowed” reminder.

I read the entire thread, did I miss the political or religious comments? For the most part, I thought it was a civil discussion.
I did the same exact thing and came to the same exact conclusion.
Old May 2nd, 2023, 01:45 PM

Pretty clear that the electric vehicle mandates fall under both categories.
Old May 2nd, 2023, 01:51 PM
Old School Olds

I agree, made no sense to lock it. The only thing I saw was "It didn't meet the narrative". Of what, I have no clue.
Old May 2nd, 2023, 02:12 PM
Banned

And watch this thread disappear completely.
3... 2... 1...
Old May 2nd, 2023, 02:13 PM
Banned

EV thread

🐁
Old May 2nd, 2023, 02:38 PM

This is a very common event. I have noticed it with several threads that, to me at least, did not appear to be political. Moderators with very low trigger thresholds.

Think about how much automotive history has political aspects - unleaded gasoline, low compression engines, catalytic converters, the demise of muscle cars, all have political origins, yet we can discuss them all day long without thread closure. But EV threads get closed every time.

Old May 2nd, 2023, 03:44 PM

Originally Posted by Fun71
This is a very common event. I have noticed it with several threads that, to me at least, did not appear to be political. Moderators with very low trigger thresholds.

Think about how much automotive history has political aspects - unleaded gasoline, low compression engines, catalytic converters, the demise of muscle cars, all have political origins, yet we can discuss them all day long without thread closure. But EV threads get closed every time.
But 40 years from now......
Old May 2nd, 2023, 05:18 PM
Banned

Heathens

Old May 2nd, 2023, 05:58 PM

Originally Posted by Fun71

Kenneth ... every aspect of the auto or any industry has always had; and always will have; a political aspect, agenda.

I agree the moderators have a place about abiding to the forum bylaws.

A **** show storm underlies any discussion when it comes to government disfunction. Greed and ignorance will be how the government will always continue to be in perpetual motion... sad for U.S. and all that fought for a better way.

Amen.