General Discussion Discuss your Oldsmobile or other car-related topics.

pictures of a '64-'65 Cutlass (or equiv) in grey? Bonus if it has red interior

Search this Thread

Old June 10th, 2019, 07:34 AM

pictures of a '64-'65 Cutlass (or equiv) in grey? Bonus if it has red interior

As noted in my previous posts, I'm 'restoring" a '65 Cutlass my father passed down to me. He bought the car in '91 and used it daily for the next 8 years driving me to school in it, I even took it to the prom. I originally was planning on keeping it like it was when my father owned it. I wanted to keep it the car I know and love. I've been on the hunt for a good red that I liked, was hoping for something a little darker than what's on it now. I can't seem to find a color I like that matches the red interior.

I've now started thinking about changing the color of the body. I LOVE red interiors, more so in grey cars. I'm now thinking about painting it Porsche Slate Grey which came on some of the 356 and 911/912 in the 60's. I absolutely love the color combo, not sure i'll like it on a big old American car though. The car itself isn't worth much to the public and it's already non-original so I'm not worried about maintaining originality for collector or value sake.

So, I'm looking for opinions. I know it's my car and I can do what I want with it but, I'd really like to hear some thoughts on the below:

1. Will this color work on the Cutlass? it's similar to what some of the Chargers, Durangos and Jeeps have.
2. Would you willingly change the color of your car?
3. Has anyone regretted changing the color of their car?

Here's an example of "Slate Grey":