General Discussion Discuss your Oldsmobile or other car-related topics.

Wiring Harness and stuff!

Search this Thread

Old June 16th, 2011, 04:08 PM

Wiring Harness and stuff!

I need to get an intermediate Rear wiring Harness. does anyone stock them? If not a real good Olds guy company with a good reputation
that makes them quick will be a good Help, Thanks Guys
Old June 16th, 2011, 04:29 PM

Originally Posted by GoodOldsGuyDougie
I need to get an intermediate Rear wiring Harness. does anyone stock them? If not a real good Olds guy company with a good reputation
that makes them quick will be a good Help, Thanks Guys
If you're looking for the harness that goes from the dash to the rear light harness I would think you could find a good used one. I have one but it's for a convertible. You should say exactly what car it's for too
Old June 16th, 2011, 04:40 PM

yeah that's the one-(under dash to rear harness) sorry... the harness is for the car in the picture. The Red 69 Cutlass. Thanks for the offer on your extra, but I've got my original with one bad wire already and its 42 years old so might as well replace the whole thing especially since its a easy plug into deal. Thanks again my friend.
Old June 17th, 2011, 06:02 AM

American Autowire can fix you up.
Old June 17th, 2011, 06:33 AM

What is wrong with the rest of the harness? I know it is old, BUT if the wires' insulation is all still intact AND flexes easily without cracking, and the connectors are not damaged, then just replace that one wire.
Old June 17th, 2011, 07:23 AM

Originally Posted by Lady72nRob71
What is wrong with the rest of the harness? I know it is old, BUT if the wires' insulation is all still intact AND flexes easily without cracking, and the connectors are not damaged, then just replace that one wire.
I think a lot of people think it's easier to just buy the harness. When I bought my car it came with a forward light and engine harness from Year One that had never been installed. I restored the original tailight harness but the bulb sockets are not as tight as they should be. It's not a big deal to replace them as they are still made though they don't look "original"

I redid the entire dash harness by unwrapping it and removing all the prior splices and halfassed fixes. I replaced entire wires and added a tach wire and installed the wire with clips into the through firewall electrical block. Most people don't realize how easy it is to remove an existing wire from the terminal end, build a new wire, and re-insert it. I use a narrow feeler gauge to remove them
Old June 18th, 2011, 10:50 AM

The wires going into the Plug that plugs into the rear harness are all worn out as well and loose. Looks like they've been repaired already .There is also a bad wire somewhere in the intermediate harness effecting my brake lights..It could be anywhere from the front where it plugs under the dash all the way to the rear where it plugs into the rear harness. I'll have to take out the carpet and everything else to find the bad spot in the wire and fix the loose wires in the plugs as well. Its easier and time(42 years old) to just replace it all anyway. I can do wiring so I do know what I'm doing. It will take minutes to just replace the harness. Thanks for the help everyone
Old June 18th, 2011, 12:27 PM

fusick has them for $89