Miscellaneous Classifieds Please read forum guidelines before posting.This forum is specifically for tools, reference material, memorabilia, or anything that is not a vehicle or parts.

Signed hardcover copies hurst equipped (2012) makes a great gift!

Search this Thread

Old December 4th, 2020, 02:24 PM

Signed hardcover copies hurst equipped (2012) makes a great gift!

It's been some time since my last post here. A few years ago, our publisher Cartech, told me and my co-author, Mark Fletcher, that they were going to take out-of-print, our 2012 hardcover book, Hurst Equipped. In 2017 the publisher offered to let us buy all the remaining copies, about 300 copies in all. We took advantage of this opportunity as we would take them to the Carlisle Hurst Nationals in 2017 where we sold about a third of the copies. Since then, we have been selling down all the remaining copies.

Fast forward to 2019 where the publisher told us that they would exercise their option to produce a softbound edition, which was released in the Spring of 2020.

Mark and I have less than two dozen copies left of the 2012 hardcover edition and are offering them personalized and signed, including USPS 2-3-day Priority Mail for $50. Also included is a PDF of the revised Chapter 11 included in the 2020 softcover edition.

I accept payment via PayPal and via credit cards through Square Payments. If you would like to get one of the remaining copies, send me fmc2900r@gmail.com so we can exchange payment and address information securely. Please put HURST EQUIPPED BOOK (all in upper case letters) in the subject line.

If you haven't seen the book, I have posted an album that includes the first page of each chapter along with the 11 new color photos taken just for the book.

Back when the book was released in the Fall of 2012, Mark and I made an appearance on Jay Leno's Garage to promote the book. That video can be

Old December 8th, 2020, 08:52 AM

Thanks to everyone who has ordered copies of the hardbound edition of Hurst Equipped. I'm down to my last box of author copies. Thursday, December 17th will be the last day that I can guarantee arrival before Christmas using USPS 2-3-day Priority Mail Shipping.

So if you would like to order a copy for yourself or as a gift, best to get your orders in now. Instructions on how to order are in the original post. If you have any questions send me an email to fmc2900r@gmail.com rather than responding to this post. Orders in by 12 noon get shipped the same day.

Cover, the first page of the Oldsmobile chapter, and the double-page spread of the 1969 Hurst/Olds 455 H/O are shown below. The Oldsmobile chapter is the biggest chapter in the book, 44 pages in al out of 190 pages overall. It's virtually a book within a book.

which will get to me quicker

Last edited by RichTruesdell; December 8th, 2020 at 08:56 AM.
Old December 8th, 2020, 09:46 AM
Olds Fanatic

This is a must have! I have thoroughly enjoyed my copy, thanks again Rich!!
Old December 17th, 2020, 11:45 AM

69_Hurst, thanks for the bump! I now have less than 20 copies left. When they are gone, all that will be available will be on the secondary market where used, unsigned copies sell for $80 or more,
like on Amazon like on Amazon
Old January 2nd, 2021, 12:12 AM

I will give a bump. I bought one as a Christmas gift for myself. Has been a great read over the holidays. Thanks Rich